Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Downplays Canelo's Power: His Clean Shots Brought No Result

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lxg View Post
    GGG said it well. Not one punch from Alvarez had any impact that put Him back on the ropes or caused him to stagger. Against Bivol, Alvarez hardly landed a scoring punch. Against GGG and a Bivol it was Alvarez who was on the ropes. As Alvarez has gone up in weight to 168 and 175, he has been slower. He literally has no footwork and relies on trying to slug as hard as possible. In his last fights, he has been outboxed in many of the rounds. The use of PEDs (Alvarez has tested positive twice and suspended) shows he doesn’t rely on his own talent and own power. He used a crutch. When tested and not using PEDs, his power looked average. What is concerning is the scoring of Alvarez fights. A draw by one judge against Mayweather was so horrendous the judge retired. The judge during the first GGG match was so awful, she was suspended.
    Caenlo can say the same considering GGG was the one touted as this amazing knockout puncher

GGG punches didn't phase Canelo anymore than Canelo's phased him ,, both have amazing chins

Comment

It's what boxers do . They could have gotten clearly rocked, but will deny that they ever felt the punch

Comment

Man, if ggg gets knocked out or stopped, he will eat ALOT of the things he had been saying lately like this here smh… it’s always best to keep quiet let the fight do the taking
        charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

I thought triple bum won the first fight but second canelo beat the snot out of you had you backing up after all that Mexican style talk and had you looking like Michael Jackson in thriller video….. ginger spice Ko’s you this time

Comment

Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
            The quote on Usyk tho - Of course, he (Alvarez) is in a different weight class right now, but him saying he could go to 190 and beat Usyk, c’mon, get back to reality,”
            Remember back when people were actually entertaining this idea as plausible just a couple of months ago? Now all I hear are excuses of how he lost to Bivol because he was too small. Lol!

Everything is hyperbole these days. I think folks who follow the sport and not the hype had no illusions that Canelo can win championships fighting elites at 190 and above. It was all silliness. To his credit, Canelo challenged himself and is not making excuses for his loss to Bivol. He simply says he lost. The reality is that Canelo is too small to compete at the elite level at light heavyweight. Skill and will can only compensate for so much. At some point, a small determined boxer is beaten by a skilled and determined heavier boxer. That is reality. Going into the fight I had Bivol as the favorite with a possible 8 rounds to 4 outcome. I was off by one round. I had Bivol winning 9 rounds at the fight's end.

Comment

I wonder if GGG has ever been put down in sparring?

Comment

Really getting inside Canelos head for the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
                  nelo does have nice clean crisp shots that if they keep landing will hurt u, he even managed to hurt bivols arm so i guess u could say hes a bit of an arm puncher

but ggg is not so elusive & nelo finds his face more
                  Let's go further, he hurt Bivol's little finger.

Comment

Originally posted by arumhaymonhearn View Post

Caenlo can say the same considering GGG was the one touted as this amazing knockout puncher

GGG punches didn't phase Canelo anymore than Canelo's phased him ,, both have amazing chins
                    Yes they did, watch the 11th.

Comment

Golovkin is stubborn and thinks he can outbox Alvarez and win a decision.
                      Maybe the Bivol scorecards will wake him up to the fact that Canelo is protected in Vegas and G needs a KO to win. But I doubt it, at 40 a guy don't change

Comment

Working...
                      X