Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Canelo Has To Be Respected For Picking Bivol Instead of Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only in backwards NSB Charlo, a Middleweight champion, is a bigger risk than Bivol, a Light Heavyweight champion.

I still can’t believe some of the posts I read from some posters, who I never see eye to eye with but respect their opinions because they are good debaters, regarding Canelo supposedly ducked Charlo, Andrade, Benavidez and cherrypicked Bivol. Just crazy.

But as a Mayweather fan and being here at height of the Mayweather hate…I gotta say kudos to Canelo. He is basically being held to the same high standards as prime Mayweather, prime Roy Jones Jr. Not bad company imo. Canelo just needs to keep doing what he’s doing because he has even, usually sensible, critics going crazy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      people making out like he never stood a chance, he was a massive favourite
      Only because Canelo was highly overhyped fighter in boxing community., while Bivol was underrated.

Bivol beats Charlo also, sure, easily.

I agree with Hearn, Charlo is nothing special.

Comment

No respect here. Alvared already won a title at 175 when he beat a shot Kovalev, so there was no reason to go back to lite heavyweight unless to duck Charlo, Benavidez and definitely Andrade. The cherry pick backfired simple and plain. I wouldn’t be surprised if the exposed coward retires after the Gol-oldkin trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
          No respect here. Alvared already won a title at 175 when he beat a shot Kovalev, so there was no reason to go back to lite heavyweight unless to duck Charlo, Benavidez and definitely Andrade. The cherry pick backfired simple and plain. I wouldn’t be surprised if the exposed coward retires after the Gol-oldkin trilogy
          Man Liam Williams had Andrade holding on for DEAR life!

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            Canelo started to believe in his own hype, he actually wanted to unify 175 division. Also many casuals that dislike Canelo felt like he would beat Bivol and Beterbiev easily, lol.

Canelo before the Bivol fight, that was the most overrated fighter ever.
            eco1 eco1 likes this.

Comment

Loving the comments on this, pro and con.
              I've said many times that Canelo fought Mayweather at 170 lbs +, so I agree he probably should have been fighting lightheavies a long time ago. He's been the ultimate weight-bully and catch-weight manipulator.
              If he was "ducking" and picked Bivol, that was a very bad assessment of Bivol (shows in the results). I think he thought Bivol was like Fielding (lucked his way to a belt), and a bit like Kovalev (formerly great but on the downside and vulnerble). Kovalev took that fight as a cash out (and a good one it was). In any case Bivol was having none of it, came prepared as always, motivated for a better purse than normal, and was determined to show Alvarez something. Don't come with that sheet.

Canelo vs Charlo is 50-50, maybe 60-40 Charlo. Canelo vs Benavidez is a loss for Canelo unless Benavidez takes a payout. Canelo vs Andrade is 50-50 ( Andrade may wanna prove something). Maybe 60-40 Canelo. Canelo has too much star power and promotional benefit for most of the other 168 guys. He may have to fight Derevychenko himself one day.

I'm not sure where Alvarez can go with the "legacy-hunting" style of fight selection from here. Other than these guys. Beterbiev is all wrong. I don't think he would fight Pascal (who has problems of his own right now, but has still been dangerous). Rematches of anyone beyond Golovkin and maybe Lara would be pointless. I can't see him fighting every ypoung lion that comes up. So .... maybe Joe Smith down the road?

If Pascal gets it together, I'd love to see Canelo fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

Only because Canelo was highly overhyped fighter in boxing community., while Bivol was underrated.
                Bivol beats Charlo also, sure, easily.
                I agree with Hearn, Charlo is nothing special.
                Hearn put on the whole wining, dining, and heavy blitz to sign Charlo, so those are pretty hollow words at this point. His actions trying to sign him speak LOUDER. That said, the direction Canelo decided to go is proving to be more than he can handle at this point. We'll see how it goes with Golovkin.

[QUOTE]Canelo before the Bivol fight, that was the most overrated fighter ever.[QUOTE]

Agreed, agreed, agreed ...

Comment

More or less why to give him respect for that when in fact he and his team thought that was an easier fight than the Charlo's fight.
                  niceyboo3 niceyboo3 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                    people making out like he never stood a chance, he was a massive favourite and not one person asked by ring magazine picked bivol to win, some had canelo stopping him early lol. he wasnt fighting king kong, bivol was the type of fighter he SHOULD have been fighting his whole career. a world level opponent one of the top names in the division. why give him a pat on the back for that lol
                    Mad respect for your excellent comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Silence View Post

He said that "Bivol fight will be harder than Kovalev fight. Patience is important against Bivol". Kovalev fight was already very close until the KO. Canelo knew how tough opponent Bivol is.
                      Do you really believe that Kovi was a close fight ?
                      I guess we weren’t watching the same fight , cause imo Canelo carried him to the late rounds once he noticed the power from Kovi wasn’t there , he attacked and got the ko
                      Not a very intriguing fight to say the least
                      Had Canelo not worried about Kovi’s power from the get go , it would of been a very short night of boxing

Comment

Working...
                      X