Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Hope I Don't Have To Fight For Vacant Titles; I Want Crawford Or Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Hope I Don't Have To Fight For Vacant Titles; I Want Crawford Or Spence

Vergil Ortiz Jr. is persistent that he's more than ready for a world title opportunity. The standout Ortiz (18-0, 18 KOs) is ranked as the No. 1 welterweight contender by the WBC, WBA, and WBO.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    SonnyWhite SonnyWhite likes this.

“Man Down”.

Comment

Kid has stones. Good to see him back after his illness and hope he stays healthy. He and Spence must meet…not only are they Texans but there can be only one in that DFW area. I can imagine how many people they fill AT&T with.

Comment

I hope he gets his shot but wonder if the 'crossing the street' issue blocks things again. Aside from that I think it's most likely the Crawford-Spence winner goes to 154, but if they do stick around to defend at 147, Ennis looks better positioned to get the fight because of his Showtime deal.

Comment

Not sure why but after the Mean Machine fight, I don’t think Ortiz is the same fighter. Golden Boy Promotions has regressed his progress and got him on that Munguia diet now.

Golden Boy Promotions has their top fighters just fighting pointless mandatories while waiting for belts to be vacant, instead of actually fighting the champions. Not hard to see the blueprint Golden Boy has

munguia
          ortiz
          garcia

The Mando killers

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
            Kid has stones. Good to see him back after his illness and hope he stays healthy. He and Spence must meet…not only are they Texans but there can be only one in that DFW area. I can imagine how many people they fill AT&T with.
            He had a Crawford mando a few months back and didn't peep a word when Robert Garcia and Co removed him.
            tkoboxingscene tkoboxingscene likes this.

Comment

Ortiz knows damn well oscar ain't letting him get near any of them killas. Golden boy keep selling these wolf tickets, but they don't really want any of these fights. They claimed to want Boots just a week ago

Comment

Oscar “Marinate” De La Hoya isn’t going to let that happen.
                NCBoxingPro NCBoxingPro likes this.

Comment

Ortiz would beat crawford rn not sure about spence but he’d give him a run for his money. He won’t get near those fights as long as he’s with GBP tho. Oscar will hide behind DAZN and insist on bringing in DAZN in on any fight and that’s a non starter. Espn and showtime aren’t gonna do business with DAZN and Oscar knows it. Ask mungia how that’s working out for career. Ask andrade and haney how DAZN worked out for their careers. Only 3 fighters getting paid over there 1.AJ 2. Canelo 3.GGG
                  NCBoxingPro NCBoxingPro likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post
                    Ortiz would beat crawford rn not sure about spence but he’d give him a run for his money. He won’t get near those fights as long as he’s with GBP tho. Oscar will hide behind DAZN and insist on bringing in DAZN in on any fight and that’s a non starter. Espn and showtime aren’t gonna do business with DAZN and Oscar knows it. Ask mungia how that’s working out for career. Ask andrade and haney how DAZN worked out for their careers. Only 3 fighters getting paid over there 1.AJ 2. Canelo 3.GGG
                    Crawford beats Ortiz easily IMO. DAZN is a ship that is slowly sinking. Only a matter of time before they're completely gone!

Ortiz is getting fed that steady diet of tomato cans with no chance of beating him. Yep that seems to be the GBP way!!! But they don't have a choice...Golden Boy / DAZN has absolutely nothing to offer from their stable.

Comment

Working...
                    X