Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz: I Hope I Don't Have To Fight For Vacant Titles; I Want Crawford Or Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like this YG! I don't like his team! Why not Avanesyan? I thought that Vergil was making a statement by agreeing to fight him! Now we're back to this BS! I'm gonna have to fall back on my criticisms of Ryan Garcia, and Jaime Munguia! It's obvious GBP is THE PROBLEM!

Comment

Originally posted by hitmanjosh View Post

People in hell want **** too! Don't ever try and come for me it's my got dammm opinion on what I see all champions and contenders do avoid real problems and because we on the internet you avoiding one with me so don't ever try and discredit what I see and think, PMF and yes that stand for PUNK MF'er!
      I just told ya the truth. Own it.

Comment

Not really sure people here think he is he ducking fighters, Ortiz for August 6 had three choices according to his promoter which were David Avanesyan who did not sign after his accommodations were fulfilled, Keith Thurman also refused and now Ortiz is fighting Michael Mckinson who is ranking top 5 at the WBO.

He has challenged himself just fine, these are the veteran fighters he has faced so far in his short record:

Vergil Ortiz's latest fights:
        Michael Mckinson (22-0-0) Age: 28 years old
        Egidijus Kavaliuskas (22-1-1) Age: 33 years old
        Maurice Hooker (27-1-3) Age: 32 years old
        Samuel Vargas (31-5-2) Age: 31 years old
        Brad Solomon (28-1-0) Age: 36 years old
        Antonio Orozco (28-1-0) Age: 31 years old

Conditions:
        Pros:
        -Had to pull out due to a rare illness called Rhabdomyolysis, Mickey is an awkward slick southpaw in his prime and this is Vergil's first fight outside RGBA. Despite his knockout percentage being low he has knocked down 4 out of 5 opponents.
        -Mean Machine has previously knocked out David Avanesyan a top contender at welterweight who has been pulling multiple upsets after his loss and was a difficult challenge for Crawford.
        -Mighty Moe was previously a light welterweight champion, coming from a win in a weight clause against am unknown knockout artist to settle in the welterweight division after his loss against Jose Carlos Ramirez, he had the height and reach advantage of 80 inch (293cm). Vergil Ortiz was in bad condition due to being ill from Covid and having injury late in the camp.
        -Samuel Vargas had faced multiple elite fighters in the past.
        -Brad Solomon is a slick orthodox boxer coming from wins against two fighters after his first controversial decision loss against a Russian fighter called Konstantin Ponomarev.
        -Antonio Orozco a veteran boxer who only ever lost against Jose Carlos Ramirez by decision. He had a tune up at light welterweight before facing Vergil Ortiz.

Cons:
        -Michael Mckinson has a low knockout ratio and has not faced a well-known fighter.
        -None for the Mean Machine matchup.
        -Maurice Hooker mostly fought at a lower weight division before moving up and Vergil Ortiz came at 147.6 dropping the weight an hour later.
        -Samuel Vargas does have not have a noteworthy win.
        -In the Brad Solomon fight, Vergil Ortiz came at 148 pounds in his first weigh in.
        -Antonio Orozco was coming from a lower weight division at light welterweight.
        Last edited by Feroz; 06-21-2022, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Crawford and Spence need to be stripped for ducking Ortiz

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
            Kavliauskas was a damn good test for Ortiz. That's the guy that made Crawford touch the canvas.
            I'm not sure what you're saying here. Vergil passed the test in flying colors.
            i feel like he lost a piece of himself in there. He won by devastating TKO but he got hit a lot that night and I think it’s Golden Boy Promotions and Team Ortiz holding him back from a Crawford fight since his defense stlll needs work.

Comment

He was in position for a Crawford mandatory and was moved from the #1 spot but people can pretend they didn't see that. What's the point of Crawford waiting for him at 34-35 if he beats Spence when a clash with Charlo is more logical? He can fight for a vacant belt while Ennis grabs one and they can fight a unification. Oh, that's my bad. it will take them 5-6 years to fight too, protecting their undefeated records. Not like we haven't seen that before.
              Last edited by hhh1200; 06-22-2022, 12:04 AM.

Comment

The best scenario for Ortiz is that he wins a vacated belt, avoids Boot Ennis and aims for lucrative fights against Conor Benn and/or Josh Taylor.

Comment

Leave dazn and sign with pbc if thats the case

Comment

Most likely he’s fighting for a vacant belt, I don’t see the rush to get to the top because those guys don’t fight each other. A fight vs boots doesn’t ever happen look at Crawford Spence for example. Ortiz has leverage as a blue chipper but so is Ryan Garcia!! That’ mfer still has yet to fight anyone, the Campbell fight warranted the hype but now he’s in protection mode again

Comment

Working...
                    X