Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia: Charlo Fight Would've Been Big For Me, For Boxing; A Little Sad Over How It Turned Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    If Oscar insists on DAZN being included, we won't get Tank vs. Ryan neither! Kinda feel bad for Munguia, but he could've fought Andrade on DAZN, and possibly be the WBO Champion by now! No excuse for that one!
    you definitely call it like you see it and often people ignore your posts but I appreciate this my Boricua mate. Some of the most quality posts on this website and you are dead on the money on everything you said here

Comment

Originally posted by JLC View Post

they knew what they were doing. He’s fought nobody and they didn’t want him in w Charlo so they found a way to weasel out of it.
      this. 110% correct. Dayzin didn’t even want to be involved with it yet DLH insisted they should and his fighter missed out on a title fight and the most obey he would have made in his career. This was hands down a duck by golden boy and they used dayzin as an excuse. They simply don’t want Munguia to be in a fight that he may very well lose and especially on Showtime or FOX in front of actual sports fans

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

Yes but Sadam Ali looked like an ant in the ring with him. At 154 Mungia was huge.
        Not sure how the OP comes to the conclusion that Charlo didn’t want the fight seeing as he signed for it, Haymon and Espinosa backed it, showtime put up the money, and it would have been a massive hit in Houston with its large Foundational Black American and Mexican-American populations. Would have been a nice rivalry fight for Juneteenth, and emerging FBA centric holiday for AMERICAN boxing

Comment

Munguia was sweating bricks until the fight couldn't be done. He has been back slaying bums and calls it being active. Oscar was willing to cash him out but it was not the right price yet.

Munguia hands down is the biggest protected prospect in boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

you definitely call it like you see it and often people ignore your posts but I appreciate this my Boricua mate. Some of the most quality posts on this website and you are dead on the money on everything you said here
            Sorry, I'm African-American! Wifey is Boriqua! LMAO! Thanks for the comments!

Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
              It seems as though Mungia's been protected for a while but now that I look back, he's had some big fights early on (in my opinion). He fought Sadam Ali (who beat Cotto for a belt, I believe), then he fought Liam Smith...he was pretty young taking these fights.

I wish he would've fought Charlo but something tells me Jermall didn't want the fight either.
              Not true Charlo had already signed for the fight. This is typical Golden Boy business. Munguia wanted the fight but it's his promoters that screwed the entire thing up. This isn't the first time Golden boy has done it and it won't be the last. I'm not sure why anyone is surprised by this. They know Charlo would've beat him and they simply didn't want to risk it, so they pulled the DAZN excuse out in the 24th hour.
              Last edited by NCBoxingPro; 06-09-2022, 11:22 AM.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Absolutely no reason why Munguia has not been in a real high profile fight by now. None. Sooner or later one of these cherry picks to keep him busy is going to blow up in his/their faces. And that holding out for a Canelo payday will evaporate!!
                Knuckle sandwich Knuckle sandwich likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
                  Ok, active, but active against who?? Golden Boy is wasting this kid's prime.
                  No they’re not. They know he gets beat against someone talented. Just using the Zurdo model

hell, he was one of the three guys that turned down fighting Janibek for the vacant WBO Belt. That’s on him

Comment

Do people really think Oscar can just take his best fighters and have them fight on another network?

Comment

Originally posted by Outwest Exp 355 View Post

Yes but Sadam Ali looked like an ant in the ring with him. At 154 Mungia was huge.
                      There is no 'but.' He signed the contract, so we have to take the size issue off the table. Had he beat Mungia, he would've gotten credit for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X