Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Concerned Haney Does Not Have 'Powerful Promoter Backing Him' Against Kambosos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    What will he do if Usyk wins the Joshua rematch? He seems to have lost all negotiating power in recent years. I mean Warren has Dubois, Joyce & Fury all in the driver seats in the HW division. If Joyce & Dubois win their upcoming fights they both become mandatories in the WBO & WBA title picture. He better hope Joshua wins the rematch or he won’t be anywhere near a HW title fight for awhile. He couldn’t get Andrade or Haney the big fights. He has not been able to secure the biggest fights out there for his fighters. I think he really needs to stop negotiating in public. I offered him this or that. He really needs to STFU & stop spewing his every thought to the media.
    I think you’ve summed it up perfectly, I don’t think adding anything to your statement would be right.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. You’re bang on the money, as some would say!! I have a feeling the guys over at sky sports will enjoy Eddie having a hard time.
    Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I don't know what's the huge deal going on around Haney's case. The guy is not twelve years old. He gets the same compensation Loma, a real champ, would have gotten. Especially for a guy whose best win is a nobody like Diaz. Kambosos's fights were mostly held outside of Australia. He didn't have any promotional support. He didn't cry like a baby. What's all these silliness?
      Last edited by brettWall; 05-26-2022, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post

When does he have time to look in the mirror? Every time he turns round there's a reporter shoving a mic into his face and bombarding him with questions.

I guess they do that because he's such a nobody
        Agreed Hearn isn't a nobody, but he's also not being stalked in the high street by paparazzi, being forced to give 15 minute interviews against his will. He gives daily media access to these guys because he likes to be listened to.

Hearn is delusional though. Like how he claims to have boxed as an amateur when it's clearly BS. Or in fact in this interview, where he talks about Haney having no promotional representation, as if Arum isn't involved. Hearn calls it 'the ESPN deal', an odd phrasing just to avoid acknowledging Haney leaving him for Arum.

Hearn did not even make a convincing argument for why Haney should have his backing. One reason was to object to any potentially biased judges. But Arum already did that Arum on Kambosos-Haney: There'll Be No Australian Judges For That Fight; All International - Boxing News (boxingscene.com) , Is Hearn unaware of this because he's trying to pretend Arum has nothing to do with the fight?
        Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Hearn is delusional though. Like how he claims to have boxed as an amateur when it's clearly BS. Or in fact in this interview, where he talks about Haney having no promotional representation, as if Arum isn't involved. Hearn calls it 'the ESPN deal', an odd phrasing just to avoid acknowledging Haney leaving him for Arum.
          Dibella didn't talk to Hearn, he talked to the DAZN executive. Or maybe he did,
          but Hearn referred him to his boss because he has to approve whatever Eddie proposed, anyways.

In my mind DAZN is not interested in exploring Australia. I don't know why.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post

Agreed Hearn isn't a nobody, but he's also not being stalked in the high street by paparazzi, being forced to give 15 minute interviews against his will. He gives daily media access to these guys because he likes to be listened to.

Hearn did not even make a convincing argument for why Haney should have his backing. One reason was to object to any potentially biased judges. But Arum already did that Arum on Kambosos-Haney: There'll Be No Australian Judges For That Fight; All International - Boxing News (boxingscene.com) , Is Hearn unaware of this because he's trying to pretend Arum has nothing to do with the fight?
            He's probably trying to provoke Arum into talking shit about him. Eddie loves it when people talk shit about him. Eddie loves it when people talk about him, period.

Comment

Nah he only got the guy who fixed Pac-Bradley 1 lol

Comment

Edward talks nonsense..... Whyte and Haney are and were 'opponents' B sides , it happens , Hearn fell short yet again and couldn't get anything for Haney .Loma fell out and Bob stepped in, Edward missed out as he seems to be doing more regulally these days.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Oh gosh. He's a fight promoter with a life anybody on here could only dream about. Stop being so jelly.
                  Facts
                  But Bro
                  This Oldskoolg guy and about 3 other Posters here in the Comments love to Hate on Hearn
                  And they Never Ever Ever miss a Eddie Hearn Article
                  Lolololol
                  kafkod kafkod likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post

Facts
                    But Bro
                    This Oldskoolg guy and about 3 other Posters here in the Comments love to Hate on Hearn
                    And they Never Ever Ever miss a Eddie Hearn Article
                    Lolololol
                    Lmao 1.I’m sure his life is great but mine ain’t bad
                    2. This is a boxing forum where people comments on posted articles so don’t get butt hurt when people comment on the articles
                    3. the dudes a clown.being a promoter involves a level of bsing but Hearn just rubs me the wrong way. The way he’s managed AJ canelo haney and andrade and GGG is what’s wrong with the sport today. Canelo-bivol and AJ-usyk was the only worthwhile fights of those 4 the last 4 years

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      I've noticed there are basically 2 types of anti Hearn **** that get posted under articles like this.

One: Hearn is delusional. He thinks he's a big deal and and a powerful promoter, but really, he's nothing. Nobody wants to work with him, nobody listens to him, he has no power, no influence and no money for purse bids. Nothing but a big ego and a loud mouth.

Two: Hearn is a scumbag who uses his influence and money to get unfair advantages for his fighters. He picks his own referees and judges. He tells sanctioning organizations who to pick as mandatory challengers and when he wants those mandos ordered. He even forces mandatory challengers to accept rematche clauses and multi-fight deals against their will.

actually - oddly enough - both “1” and “2” are true, though I wouldn’t call him a “scumbag.” That’s too harsh. He is, however, a glorified carnival barker who even needed Jake Paul to get Katie Taylor a big fight six years into her career.
                      Last edited by Roj; 05-26-2022, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X