Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Expects Tyson Fury To Fight Usyk vs. Joshua Winner in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Say whatever you want, you may not like it but its undeniable fact that Whyte has done far more numbers in his career than Usyk (excluding the AJ fight which was all AJ)

Far more.
    This is the same kind of twisted "logic" that Robbie Barrett and others used to "prove" that Kell Brook deserved all the credit for the UK PPV success of his fight with GGG.

Brook vs GGG sold around 4 times as many many PPVs as Kell's only other UK PPV headliner. But still, GGG had zero UK PPV sales while Brook did around 130k vs Frankie Gavin. So Brook was the A Side PPV seller and GGG was just the opponent!

Of course Whyte has sold more UK PPVs than Usyk, but Usyk is still a high profile, popular fighter in the UK and has massive respect among both hardcore and casual UK fans. And boxing is a worldwide sport. Globally, Usyk is way bigger than Dillian Whyte. I mean seriously, it isn't even close.

Fury vs Whyte was a massive fight in the UK. Fury vs Usyk, assuming Usyk beats AJ again, would be just as big over here. And worldwide, it would make way more money than Fury/Whyte.
    Last edited by kafkod; 05-19-2022, 10:23 AM.
    greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Hearn obviously hasn’t seen the new video of tyson absolutely hammered off his face! Tyson is retired now for sure, guy just living his life now

Comment

Say whatever you want, you may not like it but its undeniable fact that Whyte has done far more numbers in his career than Usyk (excluding the AJ fight which was all AJ)

Far more.
        Greeneye is right, just to put it into context Bellew vs Usyk done 689k buys. And that's his lowest PPV #s in the UK out of the three he's had.

That's still more then any confirmed numbers either Whyte or Fury have produced thus far (in the UK).
        greeneye99 greeneye99 likes this.

Comment

Of course fury fights again with the way he drinks and eats and snorts his way through his money. He will definitely fight the winner of aj or usyk. Ive never heard of anyone keeping hold of the belt whilst in so called retirement. Its like a train driver saying he's retired but refusing to say where he hid his train.

Comment

Not particularly.

Fury is seen as Miles ahead of those 3 (rightly... Bellew and Chisora.... Lol) and would be seen as a big favourite over usyk

Usyk is just what he is, he's a guy with few fans who is known mainly for pulling funny faces and broken English, yes he's a top rate boxer but he's not box office.

Fury vs anyone sells out a stadium, you have to motivate him to want to fight, he struggled to get up for Wilder 3, he struggled to get up for Whyte. He's happy with his bank balance, and he's won every title in the sport and is unbeaten, and ended 10 year and 10 fight reign of the other eminent champions. he's ready to be done with boxing.

Fury is his own man, he is satisfied with his lot, the Joshua fight is the only thing left on what HE wants to do, he isn't interested In Usyk, or Hrgovic, or Jared Anderson, or Joe Joyce or whoever else you want to name.

AJ is the one who his career has been entwined with without crossing, and it's the only fight he will still have, IF AJ beats Usyk.
            Fury is my favourite current fighter & he would be favoured but why would he not want the paycheck for an undisputed crown? Sure it would be way bigger if Joshua won the Usyk rematch but it will still do big business. Usyk really doesn’t have a big fan base as he has won all his titles on the road but he is somewhat known in the UK. How could he not be? Sure Fury is better & bigger but as I said he beat 3 well known Brits including the cash cow Joshua. I don’t disagree that he may not fight Usyk but if Joshua loses again I would’nt be surprised if he still fights Joshua anyway. I have been saying well before the Whyte fight that Joshua will fight Fury twice if he beats Usyk. If he loses he will still fight Fury. The only way I see him not fighting Usyk is if Joshua wins the rematch. Usyk brings 3 belts to the table if he wins. This isn’t a mando like Whyte. He has the chance to make history & a lot more money for his bank account if he wins the undisputed crown. He will be the favourite & if he is that confident he will win ( I believe he wins) than why not go for it? He could then retire at the top & best since Lennox or he could close out his career with a Joshua fight after vacating all belts so no sanctioning fees required.

Last edited by joe strong; 05-19-2022, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Tbh I reckon this latest Fury retirement is more about getting out of drug testing.
              P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

beat Usyk then fight Joshua anyway still a huge fight...most big stars have had their bogey fighters like De La Hoya and Mosley, Mosley and Forrest and so on...still a massive fight.

Comment

If there's a miracle and AJ beats usyk, there's no way Eddie puts him in the ring with fury.

Comment

Fury Joshua is a big fight

Fury Usyk is probably a smaller fight than fury Whyte, yes I'm being serious. Usyk has about 50 fans, even with the alphabet trinkets he currently holds.
                    I am not a Brit and I disagree. Well, Joshua -AJ is probably huge for Brits.

I don`t care much about Fury -AJ. AJ is very basic and Fury beats him.

Fury - Usyk would be huge for me, the fight between two unbeaten heavyweight operators.

Fury can`t be beaten by some basic puncher like Joshua is.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post

I am not a Brit and I disagree. Well, Joshua -AJ is probably huge for Brits.

I don`t care much about Fury -AJ. AJ is very basic and Fury beats him.

Fury - Usyk would be huge for me, the fight between two unbeaten heavyweight operators.

Fury can`t be beaten by some basic puncher like Joshua is.
                      He can't be beaten by Usyk either, it would take an explosive come forward pressure fighter to give fury any serious issues, someone fast of foot with fast hands, power, punches in bunches. Every fighter has his stylistic weakness, but nobody currently is boxing at top level with the attributes to give fury issues like that. (unless it's an out of sorts fury)

The only reason the AJ fight is big is just because of the celebrity factor. Their stories are entwined over the past 6-7 years and there's history there.

People can stroke themselves off over this Usyk guy as much as they want, he will not be beating fury, after 2 or 3 rounds of Usyk being spun about in headlocks, shoved head first over the ropes, complaining to the ref, eating jabs, getting headlocked again, you'll see why that wouldn't be a very entertaining fight to watch.

​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                      X