Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I can’t decide if Canelo was ever a truly great fighter now.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can’t decide if Canelo was ever a truly great fighter now.

im torn about whether Canelo was ever great tbh. He had the luxury of being able to sit back and know he had 3 rounds advantage in every fight he was in pretty much.

-Asterisk against the win over Austin Trout due to the open scoring scam.
    -Asterisk against Lara win. Lara won by one point in my score card.
    -Asterisk against draw in first GGG fight. Golovkin won 8-4 easy.
    -Asterisk against GGG 2. Fight was a draw most likely.
    -Asterisk against Khan fight in general. Why the **** was this made. I look back over Canelos record and KHAN is there lol it’s the biggest WTF moment in terms of match making ever.
    -Asterisk over Floyd and Bivol fights due to clear and obvious insanity on the judges score cards. Dunno what’s a better example of clear corruption in boxing: Canelo getting a draw vs Floyd on one score card or Canelo winning all 4 of the opening 4 rounds vs Bivol.

was Canelo ever a truly great fighter? Was he ever deserving of P4P number one?

Just rewatching it the Bivol fight from an angle in the crowd where you can see every punch. Canelo lost all of the first 7 rounds. It was a total ass whooping and Bivol could have kod Canelo at any time. Damn I had no idea how bad the ass whopping was when I was watching it with commentary etc

heres the link perfect quality: https://youtu.be/1QTvnk1XDP8
    Last edited by Pac=Duran; 05-15-2022, 06:53 AM.
    eco1 and champion4ever like this.

Bro, I think you are over thinking things. Yeah canelo is priveliged in a way, he still earned his spot to be cash cow. Its respectable what he has done. Everyone wants some.

Now is the actual time to see if he is as great as people say he is going to be. Bivol wanting more and at Canelos weight, interesting to see how this plays out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post
      im torn about whether Canelo was ever great tbh. He had the luxury of being able to sit back and know he had 3 rounds advantage in every fight he was in pretty much.

-Asterisk against Khan fight in general. Why the **** was this made. I look back over Canelos record and KHAN is there lol it’s the biggest WTF moment in terms of match making ever.
      -Asterisk over Floyd and Bivol fights due to clear and obvious insanity on the judges score cards. Dunno what’s a better example of clear corruption in boxing: Canelo getting a draw vs Floyd on one score card or Canelo winning all 4 of the opening 4 rounds vs Bivol.

Calm down man.

Canelo beat Trout. He even made Trout imitate Zab Judah. Then, when it's a close fight, you can't complain about either guy getting the nod. Canelo might have been more deserving because Lara was running around the ring the whole fight, pot shoting with a jab, while Canelo was landing power punches. Canelo was always going to win and rightfully so.

The GGG fight, yeah, that was a travesty. The Khan fight ... if Khan had power and a chin, he would have won but he didn't. The second GGG fight, very strange but it was close enough, like the Lara fight, that it is what it is. I didn't think Canelo won and a draw would have been fair but Canelo will always get the edge.

Anyway, the Floyd, Bivol and GGG fights show that there's corruption. Nonetheless, it doesn't make Canelo a bad fighter. It does mean he's not superman like some of his fanboys and fangirls make him out to be. The Canelo hype was so out of control that people were even talking about him beating USYK!!! **** was so out of line and delusional I don't even know what to say.
      just the facts likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pac=Duran View Post

********* U dummy confessional is it now?

Comment

He's great, you can put asterix to anyone every fighter has controversial decisions and you think nel o has had more controversial decisions?
          He has had dubious decisions but then it's a case how many can you have before your not great?​​​​,
          He was definitely work in progress though improving as he went along
          Last edited by hugh grant; 05-15-2022, 03:53 AM.

Comment

no where near great, its not even a discussion. look how he did against top fighters, mayweather played with him, probably his easiest ever fight. he fought an old slow GGG and lost both fights in most peoples eyes, then fought a bunch of trash after which made him look better than he is, fought an unbeaten champ, not even a p4p type level fighter and got absolutely schooled, made to look like a ****ing bum. he is what he is, a world level fighter who will look good against the right types of styles but nowhere near elite fighter, what other 'p4p number 1' have you seen who got made to look as bad as canelo did against bivol?
            eco1 likes this.

Comment

Hey, you left out that he needed to use steroids to achieve those questionable decisions
              eco1 and Donnie Herrera like this.

Comment

He's great but not as great as pac. If he beats bivol in rematch well then you take it from there don't you

Comment

Canelo's ability and skills he's shown, and performance he's had against undefeated champion and other boxing legends is what already made him great. You can't take that away no matter how much hate you have in you.

Defensively and offensively he's shown skills that have been unique in his era. No one in this current era has Canelo's head movement, no one is this era has conditioned his opponent in the middle of a fight to swing his face straight into his punch.

Sure others have done stuff like this in the past and they are all rightfully celebrated, as Canelo should be as well.

Lastley, Canelo rightfully earned his right to be celebrated as a great because he's always taken on these big fights that no one expected him to under physical or style disadvantages: Mayweather, Trout, Lara, GGG, Kovalev, All SMW, Bivol. Most fighters after beating to win a tile, being emailed a tile, or winning a vacant title in general will just hit cruise control on mandatories. Canelo is one of the only ones in his era consistently fighting champions. Win or lose he he keeps the sport alive by having the balls to challenge himself. That is why he is great.
                  Last edited by ReggieKray; 05-15-2022, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    He's great but not as great as pac. If he beats bivol in rematch well then you take it from there don't you
                    So he gotta lose another 6 times 4 to B graders and then get knocked out cold to be better than Manny, he got no hope to get all those losses and planked. Canelo can never catch up to Manny in lots of areas...

Comment

Working...
                    X