Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zurdo Ramirez Rehydrates 30 Pounds, Fights As A Heavyweight—Is That Cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most of the smaller divisions do this from 135 - 160. Back to same day weigh ins or rehydration clauses. There’s a reason for weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
      He made weight. If you're complaining about Zurdo gaining 30 pounds just remember that Dominic could also regain 30 pounds if he wanted too.
      It doesn’t work that way

Comment

People will sit on this forum and call everybody but Zurdo and Munguia "Weight Bullies", it is OK for them to Suck down and then balloon fight night and have huge weight advantages

but Spence, Shakur, Josh Taylor, Emanuel Navarrete, Brandon Figueroa, David Benavidez are "Weight Bullies" ALL DAY!

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post
          He put on 30 lbs? Not saying you're lying but do you have a source. I find it hard, but amazed that someone who fought as low as 160 could still put on 30 lbs as a 175 lber.
          It's in this article. https://www.boxingscene.com/gilberto...-bivol--166234
          He rehydrated to 204 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by LeOoze View Post
            He put on 30 lbs? Not saying you're lying but do you have a source. I find it hard, but amazed that someone who fought as low as 160 could still put on 30 lbs as a 175 lber.
            It was stated by the ringside commentators, but it looks as if it had been reported by Boxingscene, luckily, because I can't post links to some other sites. Here:

Comment

Maybe the extra weight came from a sombrero like with Andy Ruiz.

Comment

I think he beats Bivol. At least he is making weight.

Comment

Originally posted by tritium_arma View Post
                  Maybe the extra weight came from a sombrero like with Andy Ruiz.
                  They said he looks so much bigger and stronger now and then asked him how he's been able to be so strong and knock people out now. His response was "lot's of tacos." Indeed.

Comment

Not cheating

it's fair because both fighters have equal chance to do it if so they wish

Comment

Originally posted by Street View Post
                      Not cheating

it's fair because both fighters have equal chance to do it if so they wish
                      So you're saying that both fighters have equal access to an IV? Interesting.

Comment

Working...
                      X