Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zurdo Ramirez Rehydrates 30 Pounds, Fights As A Heavyweight—Is That Cheating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a bit odd when boxing has weight classes & people frown at boxers calling others out at different classes than themselves, catchweights and a lot of cries of this guy is bigger after fights etc yet there is a mechanism to legally circumvent all of this and come in 1 or even 2 weight classes above your opponent, why not just put a proper percentage cap on it so on average something like 5ibs class adjusted can be added on to make it even all round
    Cypocryphy Cypocryphy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

If you have to ask, switch your sports interest to something that’s easier to understand like bowling. Zurdo started out as a middle weight. He’s a big gauky man. He’s also tall and fighting at 175, just like Canelo who is 6 inches SHORTER. He makes more sense fight light heavy than Canelo.
      Take the dildo out of your ass so you can calm down man. I hate idiots like you with man crushes. It's pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
        its a bit odd when boxing has weight classes & people frown at boxers calling others out at different classes than themselves, catchweights and a lot of cries of this guy is bigger after fights etc yet there is a mechanism to legally circumvent all of this and come in 1 or even 2 weight classes above your opponent, why not just put a proper percentage cap on it so on average something like 5ibs class adjusted can be added on to make it even all round
        Yeah. I wholeheartedly agree. There must be a cap so that it's a sport based on skills rather than size advantage. It hurts the sport and ultimately hurts the fighters who try to exploit the system.

Comment

Originally posted by BZBEE View Post
          The little guys like Chocolatito rehydrate 20-25 pounds which in percentage is much more compared to a 175 pound guy. The IBF 10 pound rule is dumb,.
          Yot got some kinda evidence for that claim? There are a few of the younger small guys who rehydrate a lot in terms of % bodyweight (though 20Lbs is about the highest I've heard) but I'd never heard any tales the Chocolatito was a egregious gainer.

Comment

I'd be shocked if Chocolatito gains more than 5-10lbs just based on his body composition at 115. If he is, it isn't helping him like these guys who are at single digit bodyfat, it's just extra water weight slowing him down.

Comment

Big fan of zurdo but yeah it's crazy. Gotta Bring back same day weigh ins. I don't even like pedez but he got done dirty against quig and chickenson. "Weight bullies" didn't just come out of nowhere

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
                Big fan of zurdo but yeah it's crazy. Gotta Bring back same day weigh ins. I don't even like pedez but he got done dirty against quig and chickenson. "Weight bullies" didn't just come out of nowhere
                Yeah. I think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but this system favors the younger boxer much more than the older boxer. Stevenson's days at 130 are nearly over if they aren't over already. When you have to get butt-ass naked to make weight, it's time to move up. People get upset when you point the size discrepancies out but it is what it is. Not hating, just wanting the sport to become more of a sport again.

Comment

Forget weight classes, let's just have height classes. Boxers have their heights professionally measured, and can weigh whatever they want for their height class.

Comment

Originally posted by Cypocryphy View Post

Take the dildo out of your ass so you can calm down man. I hate idiots like you with man crushes. It's pathetic.
                    Well, their you go! That’s what I’m talking about! Stick with what you know, “dildos” are a start.

Comment

Originally posted by MONGOOSE66 View Post

Well, their you go! That’s what I’m talking about! Stick with what you know, “dildos” are a start.
                      I think you misspoke. Sticking to what I know is reminding everyone what a dumbass fanboy you are, which is what I did. Easy work.

Comment

Working...
                      X