Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bivol on Canelo's Strategy: It's a Good Trick To Hit Your Arm, But You Can't Get a Knockout'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To quote the great Jim Watt... "ARUM PUNCHIES!!!"

Comment

You sure? Marciano was famous for it amongst other things. Pretty sure you can punch your opponents arms there's a guy at our gym who does all the f--kin time it's really painful and annoying!

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloBlue View Post
        It was hilarious the interaction these 2 had after Bivol was announced the winner. They hugged and Bivol than pointed to his left bicep and shook his figner left and right as if telling Canelo “Nope. Not today”.

Bivol's pretty much been taunting Canelo as hell, he was asked "where you hurt?" and he's like "yeah, look at my arm"
        If that aint making fun of Canelo's performance lmao.

Comment

Why would Bivol change his game plan in a rematch ? He could do the exact same thing and win by a landslide again... What Bivol did good was to not fall into Ginger mind game... Like when Ginger invited him to the ropes and Bivol declined with a smile ... Bivol Ring I.Q. and the "No-Stupid-Risk" attitude had him own Ginger the whole fight ...
          real raw real raw likes this.

Comment

Ginger will adjust his strat on their rematch, Bivol will probably use the exact same gameplan as it worked perfectly, its going to be one intriguing rematch

Comment

Originally posted by HeyDeebo! View Post
              Ginger will adjust his strat on their rematch, Bivol will probably use the exact same gameplan as it worked perfectly, its going to be one intriguing rematch
              Can't do no worse. Had the exact plan against Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post

Bivol's pretty much been taunting Canelo as hell, he was asked "where you hurt?" and he's like "yeah, look at my arm"
                If that aint making fun of Canelo's performance lmao.
                Look how honest Nelo's answer to the same question "where you hurt?" and he seriously answered "nope... not at all ..."

Comment

Remember that Bivol was a handpicked opponent for Canelo to begin with. Therefore, the blame falls squarely on the feet of both Eddie Reynoso and Eddie Hearn but mostly on Eddy Reynoso for his very poor matchmaking ability because it's his job to keep his fighter winning and healthy.

I am pretty sure that neither he or Eddie Hearn took this fight in order for Canelo to lose. Saul Canelo Alvarez should go back to Golden Boy. They have better matchmaking skills than Matchroom.
                  Last edited by champion4ever; 05-11-2022, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Great spot and great breakdown. It was just the entirely wrong gameplan, and it was evident that it would be before the fight even begun.

Thank you.

I mean after maybe the 8-9 ninth round of getting constantly punished by the same arm Alvarez was are trying to break you would think anyone with any sense would abandoned that failed strategy.

Saul Alvarez did not fight up to his elite Ring-IQ, he seemed to be in shock and in denial that he was being dominated, often with ease. It was embarrassing, I dont know how his ego will handle being washed.

Originally posted by mlac View Post

great tip Ellie, if only Peter could divulge such advice to Hughie, we might possibly see more 'shades of Ali'.
                    btw Nikita such demolished an undefeated fighter in his 2nd fight in the 1st round, and just claimed in the post fighter interview, 'its the blood, i love this brutality'. my goodness
                    Indeed, petero , should take my advice and pull Savanah Marshall out of her unification with the 'G.W.O.A.T'. Claressa is going to make Savanah Marshall look like bum, its going to be soo bad that Peter might lose his job.

I had no idea that Nikita fought yesterday. I just got done watching his second pro bout vs. Mason Smith, I was not impressed. When Nikita dropped Smith at 1.50 in the first round, I expected to see a brutal and clean finish -- It was not the case.

I heard Nikita finished school and graduated from University studies, he should put his education to good use ; leave the boxing to Tim Tszyu.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

I don't remember hearing any corner instruction because every break DAZN shoved a commercial down out throats
                      Hey come on now; the way Bivol just ****ed their income for the next 8 months, they need as many commercials as they can get

Comment

Working...
                      X