Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Blasts Out Dillian Whyte in Sixth With Vicious Uppercut

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Blasts Out Dillian Whyte in Sixth With Vicious Uppercut

By Jake Donovan - Tyson Fury landed the best punch of his career to defend the sport's most treasured prize. The defending lineal/WBC champion from Manchester, England remained unbeaten and still king of the heavyweight division following a sixth-round knockout of countryman and mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte. A perfectly placed right uppercut put Whyte down and--upon rising from the canvas--unable to steady himself, prompting referee Mark Lyson to stop the contest at 2:59 of round six Saturday evening in front of a sellout crowd of 94,000 at the famed Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-23-2022, 04:53 PM.

ESPN+ PPV will present the world heavyweight championship from London's Wembley Stadium on Saturday, April 23, when two Britons meet - WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury and WBC interim titleholder Dillian Whyte.

Promoted by Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotions and Top Rank, the main event will stream live in the U.S. at 2 pm ET/11 am PT, with the undercard on ESPN+ at 1 pm ET/10 am PT. A special Fury vs. Whyte Pre-Show will air on ESPN at 1 pm ET/10 am PT. The ESPN+ PPV is available for $69.99.

Current WBC world champion Fury (31-0-1, 22 KOs) will defend his crown against WBC interim champion Whyte (28-2, 19 KOs) in front of a record 94,000 fans, the largest Wembley Stadium has ever hosted and the most fans to witness a boxing event in person since 1993. The Whyte showdown marks Fury's first bout in London since February 2015.

Comment

Ringwalks around 10pm in the UK, 5pm ET / 2pm PT.
      Or download the app "Ringwalks" and get notified when the ring walks start

Comment

Such a crap undercard

Not sure if I wanna pay for this event

Comment

Not a single pub or theater are showing this fight where I'm at. So I hope all yous post regularly here so I can keep up to date with action lol

Comment

Thought this **** was free on DAZN or ESPN+. (which I pay for). Smh

Saw that $70 tag and my knees buckled. Just coughed up $75 last weekend for Spence.

"B-b-b-b-but PPV dead, doe." Nah, it's everywhere. Still.
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

I thought ESPN and ESPN+ was going to televise without charging ridiculous PPV $75 charge.

Hell nah I’m paying for this fight, stream gods unite
              P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Still shocking to me that ESPN thinks this is PPV worthy in the afternoon in the US. I imagine their numbers will be terrible
                mrbig1 mrbig1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
                  Still shocking to me that ESPN thinks this is PPV worthy in the afternoon in the US. I imagine their numbers will be terrible
                  Yeah, no reason for it to be PPV there, especially at that price point and Saturday afternoon

Then again, it seems almost any fight with a recognisable name is PPV in the US now, although PBC are the worst for it. ESPN aren’t usually too bad.
                  BigZ44 BigZ44 likes this.

Comment

Would have been worth it had there been a decent undercard. I could have put something together with a few of my neighbors. This is just one watchable fight. Unlikely as it might seem, what if it just goes a few rounds?

Comment

Working...
                    X