Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: 'Real Sadness' Not Being Able to See Lomachenko, Usyk Perform in the Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These type of incursions can last years man. I hope these dudes get back to fighting soon. Would be such a waste of their careers

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
      putin has over stepped the mark with this one, i know other countries have also invaded too and killed tens if not hundreds of thousands and wounded x10 times that sometimes permanently, its never right and all countries who do this need to pay the price, putin can unfortunately point to this outrage and say, hold on, where was this when u guys were doing it huh, sometimes when u fight against invaders u are labelled freedom fighters & sometimes u are labelled terrorist, its just weird how labels change to suit naratives
      Everything you're saying's bang on, man. Best thing for anyone is to be consistent about it.

If you're against wars of aggression and think that they're war crimes, then you've gotta want to see the Russian government in the war crimes tribunal at The Hague, or WORSE.

I maintain the same for war criminals from the west, always. In fact, I'll point out that Putin's pulled this **** before with some horrific crimes in Chechnya in 2000, back when America and the UK thought he was brilliant and supported his ass.

The hypocrisy's unreal, but no reason for us to be the same. lets hate on them equally.

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
        Both Klitschko bro’s there to. Vitali is the mayor of Kyiv...hopefully Putin pulls out this is absolutely horrific what is happening to Ukraine.
        On a positive note analysis was saying kyiv would be taken over in 3 days...3 weeks later still isn’t...the heart, courage and determination of the Ukraine’s will go down in history...they are holding their own against one of the top military superpowers in the world.
        Hoping they find some non-war solution.

But you know what, 'holding their own against [...] top military superpowers' isn't a surprise since WW2, really. Countries that you wouldn't think could take the might of nuclear powers always seemed to be provided military aid to **** up invaders, or else just know their home terrain well enough to screw with armies of young conscripts

Happened in Vietnam, Afghanistan x 2 (Soviets and US), Korean War, Syria to a degree. The "other side" always ensures invasio plans go awry.

I just don't think big countries can turn and roll over others anymore.
        Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

As both are in their mid-30's this hurts for those of us that are fans.

Obviously it is small compared to what the Ukrainian people are enduring. But as this is a boxing site, I can worry we will lose some dramatic memories in the ring.

Comment

yeah it is more important things going on in the world besides "Boxing" just hoping they make it out safely and not just them but all who are effected by this WAR

Comment

Hopefully the boxing historians remember the career sacrifice they made for their people, instead of pointing out the fights that were missed.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                Usyk is on the front page of CNN now helping a bloodied old man.
                b661b536-522b-46a6-8b4a-a572ffb34a89.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

I maintain the same for war criminals from the west, always. In fact, I'll point out that Putin's pulled this **** before with some horrific crimes in Chechnya in 2000, back when America and the UK thought he was brilliant and supported his ass.

The hypocrisy's unreal, but no reason for us to be the same. lets hate on them equally.
                  True, putin reduced grozny, parts of syria & now ukraine to rubble, the guy has to be stopped, one way or another

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

True, putin reduced grozny, parts of syria & now ukraine to rubble, the guy has to be stopped, one way or another
                    Yes they have for sure. Will also point out that US bombed the actual **** out of Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, and the UK have either aided or, in the case of Libya, participated gleefully. Also, they're unfortunately still conducting ops in the MIddle East and North and East Africa under the same pretexts that fascist arsehole, Putin uses.

The pretexts being "there's some mean people there that we need to get rid of". If its not bollocks about Ukranian Nazis, its bollocks about terrorists. Same ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
                      Call me blind, but that is not Usyk, is it????!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X