Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: 'Real Sadness' Not Being Able to See Lomachenko, Usyk Perform in the Ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

Yes they have for sure. Will also point out that US bombed the actual **** out of Syria, Iraq and Afghanistan, and the UK have either aided or, in the case of Libya, participated gleefully. Also, they're unfortunately still conducting ops in the MIddle East and North and East Africa under the same pretexts that fascist arsehole, Putin uses.

The pretexts being "there's some mean people there that we need to get rid of". If its not bollocks about Ukranian Nazis, its bollocks about terrorists. Same ****.
    I think some of those 'generals' who run the military must be actual psychos, i mean if they had their way the conflicts of the past 20 yrs plus may well still be raging full steam ahead, just one more year and we can do this....... on and on, i mean u cant continually say we have to prevent another 9/11 over and over, come on the hijackers who did that were actually trained to fly in florida & just walked into the cockpit and took over as far as i know, it was a colossal intelligence failure if anything, its not so easy anymore, we hope, dont give these groups the propaganda they need to survive, pull the rug out of under them and they wont recruit using the, look they have invaded and/or bombing the crap out of us
    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Call me blind, but that is not Usyk, is it????!!!
      Yeah man, I was thinking the same, there is another pic too but it doesn't look any more like him than this. Nether of them were captioned as being him either. That don't don't mean they aren't of course, but I dunno, I thought the same as you. Looks like his stunt double.

Comment

Hoping they find some non-war solution.

But you know what, 'holding their own against [...] top military superpowers' isn't a surprise since WW2, really. Countries that you wouldn't think could take the might of nuclear powers always seemed to be provided military aid to **** up invaders, or else just know their home terrain well enough to screw with armies of young conscripts

Happened in Vietnam, Afghanistan x 2 (Soviets and US), Korean War, Syria to a degree. The "other side" always ensures invasio plans go awry.

I just don't think big countries can turn and roll over others anymore.
        absolutely occupation doesn't work anymore. the internet has made it even more impossible. that's why putin had to shut down all the media organizations, social media sites in his country. and that's not even possible.

Comment

Lets just hope both of them get out of this in one piece, and better still that they can compete again soonish while they're still great. Age wise they're probably at the edge of their primes right now or even already a bit past it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post

I think some of those 'generals' who run the military must be actual psychos, i mean if they had their way the conflicts of the past 20 yrs plus may well still be raging full steam ahead, just one more year and we can do this....... on and on, i mean u cant continually say we have to prevent another 9/11 over and over, come on the hijackers who did that were actually trained to fly in florida & just walked into the cockpit and took over as far as i know, it was a colossal intelligence failure if anything, its not so easy anymore, we hope, dont give these groups the propaganda they need to survive, pull the rug out of under them and they wont recruit using the, look they have invaded and/or bombing the crap out of us

You've made a great point about the military. There's a long history of militaries in certain countries being absolutely out of control, or having too much power. Germany on the eve of World War 1 springs to mind: absolutely spoiling for a fight for decades.

I'm not sure there was ever great civilian oversight of such bodies, but the political and media establishments of the western world (and elsewhere) are keen to take even more areas out of our control: health, economy, etc. People talk about us being democracies, but what the hell do we actually get a say on? How come we can vote but can do **** all about living costs, such as fuel?

Ofc, that brings me to Russia. Some civilians wanted a say in where their military operates, and it wasn't in Ukraine So the state cracked down on them. Nothing changes anywhere until people get complete and total control of central states. This war and other areas of life should make clear that no small groups of individuals should ever have such control over our fates.

I mean, we've been ****ting it since Hiroshima because a minority of (predominantly) men have the keys to insane firepower. And we can't even do jack to stop such from bullying 'smaller' nations'.
            Smash Smash likes this.

Comment

People talk about us being democracies, but what the hell do we actually get a say on?
              Very little, we have to live our lives & not cause trouble etc and we should be fine & come on here argue about different boxers and promoters, to be fair in the west, u can get training, find a job, live your life etc fairly easily with a bit of effort, i dont agree with a lot of stuff but one big one is sending troops into crap hole countries fighting guys who see them as invaders and are highly motivated etc, there will always be bad countries, there are better ways to deal with them i think, too many lives and money lost on lost causes, thats bad management, china is a big problem and will be, wasting trillions on lost causes is not on

Comment

Working...
              X