Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gassiev, Andy Ruiz Contacted By IBF To Accept Invitation To Face Hrgovic In Title Eliminator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post

Lol hilarious
    Now that Joshua is going for Usyk and not letting people manipulate him Fury has no where to run but dump his belt if he doesn’t fight Whyte who will knock him out .

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

I think it's the other way around. Joshua was mentally ruined by Andy.
      Ruiz almost lost to Chris Arreola , Joshua went on to knock Pulev out .

Comment

Originally posted by bullydean View Post

First of all Fury isn't looking for a fight he only has 2 options.
        1. Whyte
        2. Usyk (if they step aside)

Secondly, Frank or Arum already said Joyce is the likely choice if Fury doesn't defend the belt.

Last of all, the Hrogvic fight is a title eliminator. Fury as the WBC Champ and can't be part of another organization unless it's a unification fight.

I don't get how Hrogvic already has fanboys.
        Fury publicly stated he wants to fight Ngganou. He’s not looking for a fight ?

Fury already said he’s never going to fight Joyce are Arum and Warren going to bully him into it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Chandler View Post

Ruiz almost lost to Chris Arreola , Joshua went on to knock Pulev out .
          Joshua doesn't know who he is as a fighter and can't decide what style he should use anymore. All because Andy Ruiz knocked his block off.

Comment

Hrgovic is GGG all over again when all duck him for fear of this powerful Gigas. All Heavyweight are in terror like GGG make the champion Fear him in the past

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Joshua doesn't know who he is as a fighter and can't decide what style he should use anymore. All because Andy Ruiz knocked his block off.
              Fat Andy will duck Hrgovic ,he’ll get trounced against anyone above a Chris Arreola unless he gets overly fat again without it he has no punch resistance .

Comment

My dream HW fights:

Usyk vs Fedesov
                Jared Anderson vs Daniel Dubois
                Joyce vs Luis Ortiz
                Zhang vs Helenius
                Hrgvyk vs Fury
                Wilder vs Frank Sanchez
                JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

The situation with Hrgovic is crazy and a frustrating overall HW situation.
                  First he wanted to fight Bakole, then Hunter came up as mandatory. Hunter turned it down and ruin his own career. Then Ortiz turned it down. Then Yoka was available but challenged by Bakole (who was originally should fight Hrgovic). Now Ruiz & Gassiev and I won't be surprised if it is not going to happen again. Gassiev is a good match actually, he is young and relatively at the same age as Hrgovic, aside from Yoka.
                  All these failed match ups are for eliminator and not some random fights to up their ranking, and yet lots of them turn it down. Hrgovic is a beast, but I don't think he is unbeatable. Should not be avoided unless by title holders if it's considered as high risk-low reward. For contenders and those who ranks below Hrgovic, it should be seen an opportunity.
                  So either Hrgovic is really ducked, or his promoters doing a really really bad job.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Chandler View Post

Fat Andy will duck Hrgovic ,he’ll get trounced against anyone above a Chris Arreola unless he gets overly fat again without it he has no punch resistance .
                    It's not Andy's punch resistance, AJ put him down. It's the snap in Andy's punch that suffered. He wants to take short cuts, cough, and lift weights. I would think that him KOing Mr muscles, AJ, would sour him on super lifting.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      I said it would be Zhang. He has been vocal about fighting Hrgovic for over a month now. He is willing & able. I’d bring that fight to Macau or somewhere in China to maximize earning potential. Imagine only having to beat Eric Molina or having a draw with Jerry Forrest & getting a title shot with one step up win & really both are still unknown at the highest level. I’m pretty convinced it will be Hrgovic/Zhang…
                      Ruiz will pass. He can make more money selling tickets to sparring sessions. He seems destined for Parker or Ortiz, and either of those will likely triple the money this eliminator would. Gassiev makes all the sense in the world. He does not have any cache in this division. Being #1 in the IBF will be a huge step up for him. However, Gassiev has not uttered one word about this in the press. His team has been silent. If they were interested, I feel the dual invitation would not have happened. The IBF seems to be streamlining this thing to get the fighters they know will not be interested out of the way.

So, I am with you. Zhang will do it, and we are almost to his name on these arbitrary IBF rankings anyways. It makes sense, Zhang will not have a better chance, and the IBF just needs someone to say yes and end this embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
                      X