Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury After Ngannou Makes $600,000 In UFC Title Defense: See Me If You Want To Make Some Real Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Incorrect. UFC did 1 million +PPV buys in every PPV in 2021 with the exception of one or two. That’s the difference between MMA and boxing. UFC doesn’t need the once every five years mega fight to post one million + PPV buys like boxing. UFC literally has been doing one million+ ppv buys every event for years. Face it; it’s a better product, their best always fight their best and their production is supreme.

Boxing used to be like that. It’s dying
    It's all about marketing. The casual viewer doesn't know a good fight even if bit them on the ass. I cannot tell you the last time I seen boxing being promoted or marketed. I cannot tell you the last time I walked into a bar or restaurant and saw a Saturday night fight on. I don't even occupy MMA circles and I see UFC promo's, commercials, ads and hear who's fighting through the grape vine. Boxing promoters are leaches who drain boxers of money while not doing **** to promote them.
    Boxingfanatic75 Boxingfanatic75 likes this.

Comment

Fury loves to stall, **** around and avoid defending belts so its not surprising that hes entertaining this idea. A current champ and supposed no1 HW in his prime, has fought literally one guy ranked in the top 10 so far and yet is this eager to box a UFC fighter.

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post
      That being said I saw the fight and it sucked. Boring af
      It was but that wasnt a normal fight for him. He won his previous 5 fights by KO in less than 10 mins of combined fight time, all against top 10 ranked guys. It suggests that Gane is actually really ****ing good to survive like that even though the fight wasnt great.
      Last edited by TMLT87; 01-24-2022, 02:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post

It was but that wasnt a normal fight for him. He won his previous 5 fights by KO in less than 10 mins of combined fight time, all against top 10 ranked guys. It suggests that Gane is actually really ****ing good to survive like that even though the fight wasnt great.
        I disagree in the bold part. If a guy is being hyped up as a KO machine then he needs to live up to it. Same as boxing. He had the height and definitely the size advantage and couldn't take him out. Ironically that's the reason certain boxing fans use for fury win over wilder. Cause he was to big.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Incorrect. UFC did 1 million +PPV buys in every PPV in 2021 with the exception of one or two. That’s the difference between MMA and boxing. UFC doesn’t need the once every five years mega fight to post one million + PPV buys like boxing. UFC literally has been doing one million+ ppv buys every event for years. Face it; it’s a better product, their best always fight their best and their production is supreme.

Boxing used to be like that. It’s dying
          You idiot, just because you say something twice doesn't make it true. Quit pulling numbers out of your ass. No UFC PPV did over 1M PPV buys in 2021 except for the two with Conor McGregor. One UFC PPV in the past 5 years has done 1M PPV without Conor McGregor.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/uf...views-in-2021/
          https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/ufc...rth-best-2021/
          https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-...w-buys-buyrate
          Last edited by buge; 01-24-2022, 02:52 AM.

Comment

I disagree in the bold part. If a guy is being hyped up as a KO machine then he needs to live up to it. Same as boxing. He had the height and definitely the size advantage and couldn't take him out. Ironically that's the reason certain boxing fans use for fury win over wilder. Cause he was to big.
            Knocking out five top 10 ranked opponents in a row in less than 10 mins combined fight time isnt living up to being a KO machine?
            Theosis26 Theosis26 likes this.

Comment

Knocking out five top 10 ranked opponents in a row in less than 10 mins combined fight time isnt living up to being a KO machine?
              I don't follow ufc so I can't say if the heavyweight division is good. In boxing the hw division is trash so ima assume it's the same in ufc so it's nothing to brag about.

But to answer your question he didn't ko or even dominate his last fight we just saw. It was boring af and now he's gonna cash out against fury

Comment

I don't follow ufc so I can't say if the heavyweight division is good. In boxing the hw division is trash so ima assume it's the same in ufc so it's nothing to brag about.

But to answer your question he didn't ko or even dominate his last fight we just saw. It was boring af and now he's gonna cash out against fury
                HW boxing may be trash but if we actually saw someone consistently KO'ing top 10 ranked HWs in the first round we would be calling them a KO machine, no? some people call Wilder the biggest puncher in boxing history when hes only KO'd one elite opponent ever, and that guy was in his 40s.

Like I said Gane is just very good. What other explanation is there for him surviving 25 minutes and even making Ngannou wrestle when practically everyone else just gets walked through and steamrolled in like 2 mins?

Comment

HW boxing may be trash but if we actually saw someone consistently KO'ing top 10 ranked HWs in the first round we would be calling them a KO machine, no? some people call Wilder the biggest puncher in boxing history when hes only KO'd one elite opponent ever, and that guy was in his 40s.

Like I said Gane is just very good. What other explanation is there for him surviving 25 minutes and even making Ngannou wrestle when practically everyone else just gets walked through and steamrolled in like 2 mins?
                  Ngannou just fell in love with his power. He thought gane would fold as soon as he stepped in the ring which he didn't. He had the same affect as Tyson and golovkin whereas the opponent were already mentally defeated. But lucky for gane, ngannou is limited exactly like wilder and heard the final bell

Comment

They’re both 6’4 as far as I’m aware.

He doesn’t need to live up to anything. You’re naive to think you’re going to get KOs every fight when you’re facing top 10 guys fight after fight.

Gane is a fantastic fighter.

Theosis26 Theosis26 TMLT87 TMLT87 like this.

Comment

Ngannou just fell in love with his power. He thought gane would fold as soon as he stepped in the ring which he didn't. He had the same affect as Tyson and golovkin whereas the opponent were already mentally defeated. But lucky for gane, ngannou is limited exactly like wilder and heard the final bell
                      I think Ngannou actually showed in that fight that he was less limited than people originally thought. We are talking a puncher who usually finishes people on the feet in the first round, switching it up and winning a decision while utilizing offensive wrestling skills that hes never shown before, and doing it against probably the most technical and athletic opponent he could face.

Comment

Working...
                      X