Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC President: Thurman-Barrios Is An Official Eliminator, Not Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post
    The wheels have been set in motion for Spence vs Thurman and its getting clearer by the day Spence vs Crawford will never happen.
    That's not on the WBC though. Spence, Thurman can be made without their intervention. And if it wasn't Thurman it'd be another PBC fighter. Your right, that fight will never happen. Unless Crawford signs a PBC contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
      An official eliminator but not a final eliminator, what the heck is that? The WBC smh.

I can understand Thurman, as a former champion getting a shot at the title again. I wouldn't understand Barrios getting a shot ahead of Ennis and Ortiz Jr.
      It's not a final eliminator, because that has been ordered for Ortiz Jr vs Avanesyan. That fight is on hold at the moment until Ortiz Jr gets past Mckinson. The Mckinson fight was already just about done when the final eliminator was ordered and Ortiz Jr requested being allowed to go through with it, then on to the final eliminator.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
        So the winner of Barrios-Tnurman will fight Avenasyen in a final eliminator?
        Ortiz Jr vs Avanesyan for final eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

Vergil Ortiz was never ordered to fight Avanesyan in a final eliminator by the WBC. It was Ava’s team that requested the fight but the WBC never ordered it. That’s why Vergil is still rank #1 @ 147 by the WBC in this month rankings.
          The WBC did order it, but Ortiz Jr requested it be put on hold to do the Mckinson fight first, as that fight was just about finalised. The WBC approved the request.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastlos View Post

Vergil Ortiz was never ordered to fight Avanesyan in a final eliminator by the WBC. It was Ava’s team that requested the fight but the WBC never ordered it. That’s why Vergil is still rank #1 @ 147 by the WBC in this month rankings.
            WBC orders Vergil Ortiz Jr vs David Avanesyan final eliminator
            November 16, 2021

Just one man stands between Vergil Ortiz Jr. and his first world title shot, but he’ll have to earn it. Neil Marsh, who manages reigning European welterweight champion David Avanesyan, claims that the WBC have ordered Ortiz to face his charge in a final eliminator.

The two sit at #1 and #3, respectively, in the rankings. Mikey Garcia’s technically in second but they seem to have skipped him for obvious reasons.

The order is one of many that have emerged from the sanctioning body’s ongoing convention, including Jaime Munguia vs. Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Canelo Alvarez vs. Ilunga Makabu.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2021/11/...xing-news-2021

Vergil Ortiz To Return January 22; WBC-Ordered Title Eliminator With David Avanesyan To Follow

Gomez confirmed that Golden Boy is in advanced talks with the opponent to be named once a deal is reach. The development came about as a motion was made for Ortiz (18-0, 18KOs) to next face streaking contender David Avanesyan (28-3-1, 16KOs) in a final eliminator to determine the WBC mandatory challenger for Errol Spence (27-0, 21KOs), who holds the WBC and IBF welterweight titles.

The motion—made by Neil Marsh, Avanesyan’s manager—was unanimously approved, contingent upon Ortiz emerging victorious on January 22.

https://www.boxingscene.com/vergil-o...follow--162072

Ava's team requested it, WBC approved it! If Ortiz wins, he can choose Crawford for the WBO, or he can fight Avanesyan in a final eliminator. I assume now that Thurman is in the mix, if Ortiz does not fight Avanesyan, then Thurman will have to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

That's not on the WBC though. Spence, Thurman can be made without their intervention. And if it wasn't Thurman it'd be another PBC fighter. Your right, that fight will never happen. Unless Crawford signs a PBC contract.
              Has Crawford signed with any promoter yet? I know he's suing one, but I haven't seen anywhere, that he's hired one! I know Floyd said he would love to work with him, but I haven't seen a response from Bud yet!

Comment

Yidirim was coming off a loss and a 2 year lay-off and the WBC served him up as their mandatory for Alvarez's SMW title.
                Don't look to the WBC for anything resembling credibility.
                Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Another WBC money grab.
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Best case scenario is for Thurman to lose and go away
                    wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

So what precisely is the point of it then other than to raise revenue for the WBC? Fighters are dumb.

Comment

Working...
                      X