Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC President: Thurman-Barrios Is An Official Eliminator, Not Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What makes it even worse is barrios just got pulled from wbc rankings for refusing to enroll in vada, so I'm really curious to their justification for this being an "eliminator".

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      Boots Ennis and Brandun Lee are signed to D & D (Cameron Dunkin), and fight on PBC cards, but don't have deals with Al Haymon. Michel Rivera only recently signed with Al Haymon, and he made it to the Top of the LW division without doing so. So I believe Crawford needs a promoter, but not necessarily a deal with Al Haymon.
      I can't see Crawford getting any of Haymons fighters that have belts, unless he signs with Haymon imo. And that's the fights he needs most. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

Ortiz Jr vs Avanesyan for final eliminator
        Yeah? So where does the winner of Barrios-Tnurman fit into that?

Comment

I can't see Crawford getting any of Haymons fighters that have belts, unless he signs with Haymon imo. And that's the fights he needs most. Hope I'm proven wrong.
          Yeah, look how being with a different promoter worked out for him getting fights with PBC fighters previously! He only got Porter because Haymon knew he was at the end of the road

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Yeah? So where does the winner of Barrios-Tnurman fit into that?
            They'll get to fight in the next final eliminator after that. Or step in if either Ortiz or Avanesyan bale out. Or fight for the title if it becomes vacant. Haymon will be after the eliminator status, in case the title becomes vacant, and it guarantees he has a horse in the race.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Yeah, look how being with a different promoter worked out for him getting fights with PBC fighters previously! He only got Porter because Haymon knew he was at the end of the road
              Well it was a mandatory, but your right. If Porter was a young fresh hungry contender, they'd have passed on that mandatory and put him in with a fellow PBC guy. How many defences has Crawford had against Haymons fighters? Answer is zero. He really needs to sign with Haymon. I don't know if there has been any approaches. Have you heard of any?

Comment

Well it was a mandatory, but your right. If Porter was a young fresh hungry contender, they'd have passed on that mandatory and put him in with a fellow PBC guy. How many defences has Crawford had against Haymons fighters? Answer is zero. He really needs to sign with Haymon. I don't know if there has been any approaches. Have you heard of any?
                Yes, that was basically my point.

As regards info on any potential negotiation, I don't have those kinds of contacts haha. But unless No Pay Cut Crawford takes a cut on his guarantees, I suspect Haymon will.oass on him.

Thanks
                Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Working...
                X