Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC President: Thurman-Barrios Is An Official Eliminator, Not Final

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol you gotta laugh. Morris Sillyman don't give a fkk how criminal or Biased or corrupt he looks to us he's just guna keep on doing what ever he wants.

Its more fodder being lined up for Spence too, anything to get in the way of having to even talk about the Crawford fight.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Mero View Post
      2 guys who just got beat in wba "championship" fights are now fighting in an eliminator for the wbc title. I thought Haymon/PBC were runnin out of money? What a farce. Yall pbc groupies love it though!
      Thurman vs. Barrios in an eliminator is trash, but let's not forget that the WBC ordered Ortiz Jr. vs. Avanesyan, neither of whom are PBC, and they went a different path! So this isn't just a PBC thing! Garcia was set to fight Haney for a WBC title, and he took a different path! Munguia was also invited to fight the winner of Dervy vs. Adames, and he took a different path! If Ortiz Jr. decides not to face Avanesyan, I have no problem with Thurman fighting him to become the mandatory! If Barrios was to win, and he became the mandatory, I would have seriousl problems with that!
      Last edited by Bronx2245; 01-19-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Glad to see everybody dumping on this trash. Screw the WBC, and screw this lousy card.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Thurman vs. Barrios in an eliminator is trash, but let's not forget that the WBC ordered Ortiz Jr. vs. Avanesyan, neither of whom are PBC, and they went a different path! So this isn't just a PBC thing! Garcia was set to fight Haney for a WBC title, and he took a different path! Munguia was also invited to fight the winner of Dervy vs. Adames, and he took a different path! If Ortiz Jr. decides not to face Avanesyan, I have no problem with Thurman fighting him to become the mandatory! If Barrios was to win, and he became the mandatory, I would have seriousl problems with that!
          I have problems with all that! Im equal opportunity when it comes to bs fights and gimmicks.
          Last edited by El_Mero; 01-19-2022, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Vergil Ortiz was never ordered to fight Avanesyan in a final eliminator by the WBC. It was Ava’s team that requested the fight but the WBC never ordered it. That’s why Vergil is still rank #1 @ 147 by the WBC in this month rankings.
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Cool if that's the case then if Thurman wins he says he'd fight Crawford

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post

Hate to admit it but I think your right
                Bud better start looking elsewhere
                I have a feeling he will go to Probellum.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

I don’t think he has much choice , at least not the way they’re throwing him under the bus right now

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Same here buddy

Comment

So if Thurman is fighting an eliminator, and Ortiz Jr. has decided not to fight Avanesyan in an eliminator, will the final be Thurman vs. Avanesyan, or Ortiz Jr. vs. Avanesyan???

Vergil Ortiz To Return January 22; WBC-Ordered Title Eliminator With David Avanesyan To Follow

Vergil Ortiz has a fight date and the chance to enter a final title elimination bout.

They just won’t occur on the same night.

The unbeaten welterweight contender from Grand Prairie, Texas is being groomed for an active 2022 campaign, as he is set to return January 22. The fight date was confirmed by Eric Gomez, president of Golden Boy Promotions and Ortiz’s promoter who was forced to reveal the news during the mandatory challenger portion of the 59th annual WBC Convention on Tuesday.

Gomez confirmed that Golden Boy is in advanced talks with the opponent to be named once a deal is reach. The development came about as a motion was made for Ortiz (18-0, 18KOs) to next face streaking contender David Avanesyan (28-3-1, 16KOs) in a final eliminator to determine the WBC mandatory challenger for Errol Spence (27-0, 21KOs), who holds the WBC and IBF welterweight titles.

The motion—made by Neil Marsh, Avanesyan’s manager—was unanimously approved, contingent upon Ortiz emerging victorious on January 22.

https://www.boxingscene.com/vergil-o...follow--162072
                      I think the Ortiz Jr vs Avanesyan fight will be ordered after Ortiz Jr beats Mckinson. They were in the process of making the Mckinson fight and asked if they could go through with that, then fight Avanesyan. And the WBC approved that request I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X