Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn Views Fury-Whyte Purse Bid As Whyte's Best Option: 'I Don't See A Deal Being Done At 80/20'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do know that the wba was the first of today's alphabet soup formerly nba

Comment

Originally posted by Cortez View Post
      Nice knowledge! But the ring is the first actual belt right? I am happy to be schooled here
      He won the NBA title in 1921. He won the NYSAC in 1922. He was awarded the Ring Magazine title at some point in 1922, but I don't have a way of knowing if it was before or after the NYSAC win, but it was definitely after the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

He won the NBA title in 1921. He won the NYSAC in 1922. He was awarded the Ring Magazine title at some point in 1922, but I don't have a way of knowing if it was before or after the NYSAC win, but it was definitely after the NBA.
        Did the old titles have a belt?

Comment

Originally posted by Cortez View Post
          Did the old titles have a belt?
          I'm not sure. I know boxing belts started as a thing in the early 1800s, but I don't know which organizations started giving which belts when.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post

I'm not sure. I know boxing belts started as a thing in the early 1800s, but I don't know which organizations started giving which belts when.
            The British championship was the first ever belt and I guess the ring was first world belt

Comment

Working...
            X