Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: Fury Made 20 Million in Last Fight, Whyte Made 300K and 500k in Last Two!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's for WBC belt and the purse split has been ruled on so just set the date for the purse bid, go ahead and see what the outcome is. If Whyte decides he doesn't want the fight, strip him of mandatory status and move on. It won't be the first time Whyte has turned down a title shot.
    buge buge likes this.

Comment

We need a business genius to make an entirely new organization for boxing. One freaking belt in each weight class. Get rid of politics and the fights should be based on two criteria; what the fans want and who deserves it based on their decisions, quality of wins, and ability to fight.
      I already have a terrific career so I won’t be the one to set this up. I have laid out the groundwork for the idea so now someone else just needs to take this and make it happen. Blue 52 ready break
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post
        Fury purse
        According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, the pair’s guaranteed purse was $5million (roughly £3.7m) per fighter for Fury vs Wilder 3

So Whyte made more than that via Povetkin in the first fight using "Warren logic" , yes it's an accountancy trick (you reverse take home pay \ registered purse on the fighter you don't like)

Basically, Warren is not comparing apples with apples and I can use the same trick to make Fury look bad (but it's not true).

Also I checked Furys best UK ppv , attendances are similar to Whytes (I checked) and it's supposed to be a UK fight, if it's a US fight ok different logic.

Anyway, not my money so Whyte , Fury takes less and let us have a fight,

You're comparing Fury's Guarantee to Whyte's Purse they aren't the same thing... otherwise you'd be comparing like £20m to £4m ironically being misleading exactly what you're accusing Frank of.

Unless fast car loves to lose money the 300k frank mentions is probably correct and is his guarantee and he got 50-60% of the PPV revenue after sky takes their 50%
        Last edited by Boro; 01-07-2022, 07:35 AM.

Comment

Tyson Fury has NEVER made $15m in a fight in his career - 20m for a fight that tanked is a big reach.

Fury was guaranteed $6m for his last fight and the fight sold less 300k PPVs.

So where did the $20m come from?

This guy's career is a fraud!
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by hhh1200 View Post

Sold 3500 seats in a fight before Wilder. 100% sure Whyte can move more seats in the UK than Fury. Why don't they have the fight in the USA and see if Fury can pull? Whyte is worth more than 20% in the UK. People need to stop this nonsense.
            Fury was guaranteed $1m for both Wallin and Schwarz fights.

It's smoke and mirrors with Fury.

The highest money he has ever made in his career is about $12.5m and that was the 2nd fight against Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
              Too be honest I would be ok with any of the 3 mentioned in the article. I would be very interested to see Fury/Ruiz. I think that would be a better win than Whyte just for the fact he beat Joshua & once held 3 belts. I really thought Helenius looked like a real threat early in his career. Some injuries & a couple KO losses to Washington & Duhaupus had me thinking he was done. I’d be ok with him getting a title shot.
              From Helenius last 2 fights even though he was fighting Kownacki and Fury is on another level Helenius may be a fun fight to watch for Fury and I agree I'd be ok with it.

Comment

Fury is the draw in this fight. He has mainstream drawing power.
                Whyte doesn’t move the needle any more than any other heavyweight.
                If he’s that confident take the split, beat Fury’s ass then call your own shot.
                Tired of these B sides trying to act like they run anything. Too afraid to chase greatness.

Comment

I feel sorry for why t he he fought good fighters to get this fury fight. It was always retirement fight for whyt he so can't begrudge him payday.
                  Try getting more but don't hold fight up too much
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 01-07-2022, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
                    Fury is the draw in this fight. He has mainstream drawing power.
                    Whyte doesn’t move the needle any more than any other heavyweight.
                    If he’s that confident take the split, beat Fury’s ass then call your own shot.
                    Tired of these B sides trying to act like they run anything. Too afraid to chase greatness.
                    Location matter and your opinion is based on the US where in reality, Fury also isn't a draw. His numbers against Wallin and Schwarz tell you all you need to know.

However, in the UK, both are almost even especially if they decide to fight in London. Dillian Whyte is actually the bigger draw in London.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
                      Tyson Fury has NEVER made $15m in a fight in his career - 20m for a fight that tanked is a big reach.

Fury was guaranteed $6m for his last fight and the fight sold less 300k PPVs.

So where did the $20m come from?

This guy's career is a fraud!
                      Assuming fox/espn whoever take 50% and where are you getting this 300k number from!?

3rd fight was 600k PPVs = $48m/2 = $24m split 60:40 is $14.4M + $6m = 20.4M not including gate or oversea PPVs.
                      2nd fight was what 850k PPV? = 68m/2 = 34m split 50:50 17m+ $5M = $22M = not including gate or oversea PPVs.
                      Last edited by Boro; 01-07-2022, 08:21 AM.
                      Izzy1973 Izzy1973 likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X