Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Knockout Of The Year: Efe Ajabga-Brian Howard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Knockout Of The Year: Efe Ajabga-Brian Howard

By keith Idec - Andre Ward said that it "sounded like a gunshot" when Efe Ajagba blasted Brian Howard with a thudding right hand that knocked Howard cold April 10 in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s gotta be Valdez vs berchelt

Such an emphatic ending, a quality opponent and a skilfully timed unexpected shot

Dont agree with the winner on this one
    BodyBagz BodyBagz El_Mero El_Mero like this.

Comment

Heavyweights are massively overrated, so Jared Anderson wins prospect of the year and now Efe Ajabga is awarded the 2021 KOTY but :

Jake Paul's brutal KO of Tyrone Woodley went viral, the first encounter suggested that Paul would of been the won to get KO. Oscar Valdez vs. Miguel Berchelt were top five featherweights and in their prime. Mark Magsayo was put down by Julio Ceja in round 5 and was losing the fight ; Gabriel Rosado with 13 L's was a considerable underdog against the undefeated heavy-handed Bektemir Melikuziev.

Even better than Ajabga-Howard for the fact that they were the underdog, Mauricio Lara vs. Josh Warrington and Kiko Martinez vs. Kid Galahad. Give me a reason.

El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Keith got lazy with this. The ACTUAL technique by Ajagba or Paul vs Woodley is basic and poor defensive reactions. The REAL Tacticians that show difficulty are counter KO's like Valdez in motion or Rosado timing on the backfoot against the BEAST BEK the way Marquez slept PAC. Those are the type of KO's that give hunger to boxers.

Comment

Jake Paul putting Tyron Woodley to sleep face first. He was out like a new born baby girl with a Tattoo
          buge buge likes this.

Comment

Others came to mind first but honestly looking at it again I understand the pick, it's definitely not unreasonable. Honestly picking a winner for 2021 is hard, we were really spoiled for choice when it comes to picking a KO of the year.
            slimPickings slimPickings likes this.

Comment

Of all the KOs described I think that Magsayo's should be #1, with Rosado #2. Ajabga's KO, was against a 41 year old, with a less than scintillating record, and just a heavy right hand showing no real planning or boxing skill.. And he's a known very heavy hitter, so it should not hav,e been an exceptional achievement for him.

Rosado has been a lifetime middleweight, and was outsized and outweighed. And, has a comparatively low KO record. This was his highlight fight against his light-heavy opponent. The writer notes his 16 year career, he should get recognition, even partly because of that.

JUst my opinion.
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Nope, Jose Zepeda vs Vargas is my favorite

Comment

KOTY should be given to fighters who scored KOs against opponents of similar caliber. Not Agjaba vs some bum off the streets. Sht like that shouldnt count.

Valdez and Jake Paul were alot more impressive with their KO victories.

Comment

boxingscene should pick paul knockout over woodley

Comment

Working...
                    X