Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Knockout Of The Year: Efe Ajabga-Brian Howard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should the caliber of opponents or skill level of the boxers even come into play here like how some are stating?

Its KO Of The Year last time I checked.

All that should matter is the KO in question, and all things considered, the KO picked here, looked every bit worthy of the award. Pure one punch power and the guy folded like a chair.

Same thing with the Fight Of The Year. Doesn’t matter the caliber of the opponent. As long as the fight was good and looked good to the eye, the rest should not matter.

The only category where skill or caliber should come into play is Fighter Of The Year.
    buge buge likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post
      Why should the caliber of opponents or skill level of the boxers even come into play here like how some are stating?

All that should matter is the KO in question, and all things considered, the KO picked here, looked every bit worthy of the award. Pure one punch power and the guy folded like a chair.

Same thing with the Fight Of The Year. Doesn’t matter the caliber of the opponent. As long as the fight was good and looked good to the eye, the rest should not matter.

The only category where skill or caliber should come into play is Fighter Of The Year.
      Your dumb ass will just say anything to go against the grain just to appear like your subjective. unfortunately, your opinion is null and void son

Comment

Berchelt ko was the best imo
        kingstip9 kingstip9 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

Your dumb ass will just say anything to go against the grain just to appear like your subjective. unfortunately, your opinion is null and void son
          How so?

A nice looking KO is a nice looking KO, and unfortunately, your disrespectful comment doesn’t make you sound anymore intelligent, so you can kindly fu#k right off, dumbass! Lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

And don’t call me son. It doesn’t make you sound anymore wise. Just makes you sound like a self righteous piece of sh#t.

Comment

The aforementioned KO was emphatic but a neck shot.
              Top 10 maybe.

Comment

Well, the tougher the opponent, the harder it is to KO. So when a guy KO's a quality opponent, it should get some mention.
                Otherwise, JP has KOTY
                1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

I get what you are saying, but let me paint a picture for your consideration : you put Canelo Alvarez folding a elite prime champion virtually the same way as Efe Ajabga did his undermatched opponent, who wins KOTY? The KO's submitted were arguably about the same in terms of impact and shock as Ajabga vs. Howard, but the caliber of opponent was higher for the other candidates, which made the KO more difficult.
                  BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Well, the tougher the opponent, the harder it is to KO. So when a guy KO's a quality opponent, it should get some mention.
                    Otherwise, JP has KOTY
                    Beat me to it, liked!

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

Otherwise, JP has KOTY
                      Idk when I’m looking at KO of the year, I’m looking at how devastating the shot looks. That should be the top criteria in evaluating it. Whether it comes from a skilled boxer or not, yeah you can evaluate that, but at the end of the day when discussing the award of the KO of the year, I just think that should be the end of it. How did the KO look.

Comment

Working...
                      X