Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: BoxingScene.com's Knockout Of The Year: Efe Ajabga-Brian Howard

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Beat me to it, liked!
    I guess it's perspective.
    The more showy the KO, the greater the reaction ?

Speaking of JP, I'm hoping he faces a boxer so he can be on the shlt end of a KOTY list

Comment

Originally posted by b morph View Post

Idk when I’m looking at KO of the year, I’m looking at how devastating the shot looks. That should be the top criteria in evaluating it. Whether it comes from a skilled boxer or not, yeah you can evaluate that, but at the end of the day when discussing the award of the KO of the year, I just think that should be the end of it. How did the KO look.
      That is definitely a way of ''looking'' at it. When Tyson sent his guys flying across the ring, those KOs usually made the top 5 list. Left everyone in awe.
      Step back and we'd see just how sad those victims were. It would have been shocking if they weren't sent flying.

Visually stunning yes but I feel bad for bums getting abused

Comment

I get what you are saying, but let me paint a picture for your consideration : you put Canelo Alvarez folding a elite prime champion virtually the same way as Efe Ajabga did his undermatched opponent, who wins KOTY? The KO's submitted were arguably about the same in terms of impact and shock as Ajabga vs. Howard, but the caliber of opponent was higher for the other candidates, which made the KO more difficult.
        Well in this situation, yes. Everything being equal, the guy with the toughest competition should win. As long as the KO was 1 punch and was a real KO. Not a ref stoppage.

As long as the shock value is equal, but based off of what it was like at ringside, the Ajabga KO was extremely devastating. They said it sounded like a gunshot. Maybe it’s just one of those things you had to experience ringside to really appreciate it. But as far as devastating, I think the Ajabga takes the cake, regardless of his skill level.

See, that’s the difference between you and that asshat kingstip9. You actually know how to have a legitimate discussion without resorting to childish remarks. That guy gets zero respect from me and he can go fu#k himself up the ass with a glass dildo.

Comment

Rosado probably had my favorite ko of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

I guess it's perspective.
            The more showy the KO, the greater the reaction ?

Speaking of JP, I'm hoping he faces a boxer so he can be on the shlt end of a KOTY list

Originally posted by b morph View Post

Well in this situation, yes. Everything being equal, the guy with the toughest competition should win. As long as the KO was 1 punch and was a real KO. Not a ref stoppage.

As long as the shock value is equal, but based off of what it was like at ringside, the Ajabga KO was extremely devastating. They said it sounded like a gunshot. Maybe it’s just one of those things you had to experience ringside to really appreciate it. But as far as devastating, I think the Ajabga takes the cake, regardless of his skill level.

See, that’s the difference between you and that asshat kingstip9. You actually know how to have a legitimate discussion without resorting to childish remarks. That guy gets zero respect from me and he can go fu#k himself up the ass with a glass dildo.
            Thanks b morph, I respect your point view. Listen, Joe Tessitore is probably the biggest hype-man in the business, Joe's overdramatic performance alone could of won Efe Ajabja the KOTY with a stoppage from a jab

Comment

usyk-vs.gif
              1hourRun 1hourRun likes this.

Comment

Thanks b morph, I respect your point view. Listen, Joe Tessitore is probably the biggest hype-man in the business, Joe's overdramatic performance alone could of won Efe Ajabja the KOTY with a stoppage from a jab
                I miss Teddy Atlas. His outrageous remarks and out of left field weirdo analogies were hilarious. I always felt like him and Joe Tessitore were made for each other.

Comment

Surely Callum Smith's knockout of Lenin Castillo no? Was a brutal, brutal ko... there's always something harrowing about a fighter seizing up after a punch and of course there was a horrible moment after said seizure where he was unresponsive for a few minutes and it genuinely looked like he may have passed away. Was just a purely single devastating knockout shot,
                  BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                  X