Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Beterbiev on Browne Headbutt: "It Was Intentional - 1000%"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't believe that it was intentional, but I'm glad they didn't stop the fight. I've seen fights fights stopped for much less

Comment

Of course it was intentional. Three of his last four opponents all took ax wounds to the forehead.

Comment

It did not look intentional. I think intentional headbutts look like what Ortiz did Mayweather.Good on Beterbiev to fight through that cut and get the KO.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          Of course it was intentional. Three of his last four opponents all took ax wounds to the forehead.
          I am not sure how people can say that definitively. It is extremely hard to see that it was intentional, it absolutely looked accidental and I was rooting for Beterbiev. It’s very hard to say that it was intentional.

As far as Browne’s opponents suffering from cuts due to headbutts, that’s boxing. Boxing has always had boxers who’s styles make for an increase in accidental headbutts in their fights. Holyfield and Tim Bradley come to mind. But Holyfield’s headbutts definitely did look intentional.

Comment

Hard to see at full speed as it was quick, but slowed down it is obvious that he intentionally headbutted him a few times in row until he hit him properly. Not a good look considering his history. Must have been satisfying to beat him up after that.

Comment

I recall him doing more of a sweeping butt than a ramming butt. But (lol) I'd have to rewatch since it happened really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
                Same kind of gash the Badou Jack had. dam
                Yeah, almost identical. More than a coincidence.

Comment

100% intentional Browne leads with his head as a southpaw that's almost always a guaranteed clash of heads there is a reason why his opponents get cut. I hate that style man old school Porter and Tim Bradley did that **** all the time too and always got away with it. They need to start enforcing that better man when you lead head first if you cut the other fighter it should be a DQ that will stop them from pulling that **** again. If you cut a fighter and they deem it suitable enough to continue if that **** is getting in your eye it's causing an unfair advantage in which you can be more susceptible to being knocked out it changes the whole course of the fight. It can also lead to problems in the future with scar tissue for the fighter on the receiving end not just for that one fight but their whole career.

To be fair Beterbiev wasn't exactly 100% clean himself he was stepping on Brownes foot intentionally throughout the fight and that is an unfair advantage as well. But I was ok with it considering Browne threw at least 3 haymaker left hands to Arturs groin intentionally and didn't get warned.

Comment

Yeah this Brown guy is a dirty fighter for sure. He did the same with Jack and also tried the same with Pascal except that time he ended getting the worse of it. I don’t mind when fighters use some dirty tactics hell it’s a fight but some lines just shouldn’t be crossed like this guy does. And yes this happens sometimes when you have a righty fighting a lefty but if you go back and rewatch those fights you can see he did initiate the head buds with bad intentions. Also when head clash happen it’s usually a smaller cut nothing like what Brown produces when he goes in ramming his opponents

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                      Ha yeah pretty sure Browne knew what he was doing. Before they release after the clash you actually see him lean into the cut and rub his head back across it. It's brief but pretty clearly deliberate.

Rubs his head in at about 18:52

That said I've watched the Jack vs Browne headclash several times and that one does look accidental.
                      Yeah that was damning evidence. He drags his head right across it after the fact. There’s no reason why anyone would ever do that, he‘s not evading, shifting his weight or doing anything. He’s just sticking his head in to do damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X