Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: David Avanesyan Ready, Willing To Fight Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Fight that won't happen. If I was Benn's promoter I'd rather put him in with Broner. In fact I'd rather put him in with a starving lion than Avanesyan.

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

Could've continued doing that if he wanted Benn, but signed elsewhere.

I'm not justifying the politics nonsense, hate it - but it exists. This fight will never happen while he's with Frank. Try talking about fights that will happen.
      Matchroom weren’t offering him any fights after he destroyed Kelly. They don’t want Avanesyan anywhere near Benn. So they aren’t gonna throw him a bone anytime soon.

I agree he won’t get the Benn fight with Frank but hopefully Frank can at least keep him active on BT. Avanesyan vs Essuman sign me up!!! Both guys are better than Benn anyway IMO.
      Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

I don’t often agree with Frank but he is on the money here.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
          niiiiiiiice
          Ortiz didn't want the fight. His manager immediately rejected the fight. Probably think they can get a world title match anyway. If not with the WBC then the WBO, and Ortiz already had a fight planned for January. Ennis next possible opponent on the WBC list.

Comment

I think Benn looks like a great prospect but he needs to back up his boasts by fighting a real live contender, Algeri has been inactive and is nearly 38 years old. Now they are looking at more opponents past their sell by date.
            Last edited by holyg8; 12-18-2021, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Great fight. Winner of this fight arguably leap frogs the very inactive Spence in terms of relevance.

Comment

Benn having beaten a 37 year old 'commentator' then went on to call out three shot fighters. If Benn wanted to be taken seriously he would fight David but instead he will probably pay more attention to Hearn 's business plan of faded fighters who pose much less risk.
                Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Not a big enough fight, according to Eddie Hearn.

Chris Algeri? Granados? Vargas? “Huuuuuuge VALuoooooooooooooo”

Let’s not forget Avanesyan beat Josh Kelly into submission on Sky Sports, which Kelly was supposed to win and was supposed to fight Benn after he won in a “British super fight”

Eddie Hearn full of it as usual. Avenesyan is ranked #9 and is the perfect fight to make.

Instead he’s talking about the likes of Adrien Broner, Robert Guererro and Victor Ortiz who haven’t seen the Top 10 at WW in close to a decade.
                  Clive Davenport Clive Davenport likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                    Benn having beaten a 37 year old 'commentator' then went on to call out three shot fighters. If Benn wanted to be taken seriously he would fight David but instead he will probably pay more attention to Hearn 's business plan of faded fighters who pose much less risk.
                    Much more likely! Too much risk, too little reward.
                    A fight with Avenasyen was never realistic as one is with Hearn and other with Warren.

Comment

If Conor Benn wants to proclaim that he is the best fighter in the UK, then he needs to face the best fighters in the UK.

But due to how Eddie Hearn has promoted Benn, he is on a path that does not really involve proving such a point. So it is up to Benn, whether or not he really cares about fighting these other UK based fighters.

Comment

Working...
                      X