Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: David Avanesyan Ready, Willing To Fight Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    What I really want, is to see Spence fight Crawford, but if he does not, I hope WBC #1 Vergil or IBF#1 Boots, gets the shot! Hearn should let Benn fight Avanesyan (or Crowley), so we can see if these guys belong in the same category as Boots and Vergil!

Lots of new blood @ 147! I'm loving it! Montana Love! MAN UP! Tell Eddie Hearn that you want Conor Benn! He wants to fight in the U.S., why not you?
    Like Golden Boy, my guess would be that they're saving Love vs Benn for further down the road.

Comment

WBC ordered Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. David Avanesyan, but I don't know what happened to that? Why hasn't GBP made Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Rashidi Ellis?
      Yeleussinov turned down Avanesyan IBF eliminator
      Ortiz Jr turned down Avanesyan WBC eliminator
      Avanesyan turned down Rocha WBA eliminator

Benns the one that gets **** despite not being regarded as highly as the others

Rumour is Ortiz Jr vs McKinson is happening next WBO eliminator

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post

What is the IBF doing? Do they not want Ennis at the top? Why not Ennis vs. Avanesyan?

Michael McKinson? I guess Vergil wants Crawford more than Errol Spence Jr.? That's cool because it seems Boots wants Errol Spence Jr. more than Crawford!

Comment

What is the IBF doing? Do they not want Ennis at the top? Why not Ennis vs. Avanesyan?

Michael McKinson? I guess Vergil wants Crawford more than Errol Spence Jr.? That's cool because it seems Boots wants Errol Spence Jr. more than Crawford!
          IBF one was nearly a year ago, led to Matchroom binning Yeleussinov

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Matchroom weren’t offering him any fights after he destroyed Kelly. They don’t want Avanesyan anywhere near Benn. So they aren’t gonna throw him a bone anytime soon.

I agree he won’t get the Benn fight with Frank but hopefully Frank can at least keep him active on BT. Avanesyan vs Essuman sign me up!!! Both guys are better than Benn anyway IMO.
            Matchroom were looking for fights for Avanesyan, Hearn was talking about lining up world title shots for him, so even if he wasn't signed to them, he was fighting with them. He chose not to, and in doing that, chose not to fight Benn.
            This is really my problem with people calling for this fight. We all know it won't happen now, including Frank who is just using Connors name. Did Frank really sign him just to talk about a fight that'll never happen? Do some actual promoting and get him a good fight!

People seem to be calling for it because a) they are desperate to see Connor lose (not sure why, I could guess), b) because they know it'll never happen.

Basically Avanesyan is just another way to **** on a young fighter... But Avanesyan is the one who chose not to fight for Matchroom.

I should note, I don't think Connor can beat David, he's way too much. You won't see many who think Connor wins. Let him get to Euro level, Avanesyan should be looking for a World title

Comment

Originally posted by M312 View Post

Matchroom were looking for fights for Avanesyan, Hearn was talking about lining up world title shots for him, so even if he wasn't signed to them, he was fighting with them. He chose not to, and in doing that, chose not to fight Benn.
              This is really my problem with people calling for this fight. We all know it won't happen now, including Frank who is just using Connors name. Did Frank really sign him just to talk about a fight that'll never happen? Do some actual promoting and get him a good fight!

People seem to be calling for it because a) they are desperate to see Connor lose (not sure why, I could guess), b) because they know it'll never happen.

Basically Avanesyan is just another way to **** on a young fighter... But Avanesyan is the one who chose not to fight for Matchroom.

I should note, I don't think Connor can beat David, he's way too much. You won't see many who think Connor wins. Let him get to Euro level, Avanesyan should be looking for a World title
              Matchroom were not looking for fights whatsoever, I don’t know where you’ve heard that but I promise you that’s complete bullsh**. Matchroom never offered David another fight after he beat Kelly and I know that for a fact.

The problem with Benn is he’s talking about “world level” yet he’s ducking the European Champion, hell he won’t even fight the British Champion. You’ve got stooges like Bellew saying “I’d put Benn in with anyone not named Crawford or Spence”, yet Avanesyan is too risky. It doesn’t add up.

I have no sympathy for Benn, he talks the talk but won’t walk the walk.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post

Benn has avoided every legitimate level though.

Rejected an English title eliminator vs Isaac Macleod.

Rejected a British title fight with Jenkins.

Wants no part of a European title fight with Avanesyan.

Yet they’re talking about “world level”.

It’s f***ing laughable mate, people are gonna call out that type of bullsh**.

Comment

Working...
                X