Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren: David Avanesyan Ready, Willing To Fight Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post

Matchroom weren’t offering him any fights after he destroyed Kelly. They don’t want Avanesyan anywhere near Benn. So they aren’t gonna throw him a bone anytime soon.

I agree he won’t get the Benn fight with Frank but hopefully Frank can at least keep him active on BT. Avanesyan vs Essuman sign me up!!! Both guys are better than Benn anyway IMO.
    Eddie's admitted Benn's not ready for Avanesyan just yet, but there are claims that Ava was offered an eliminator against Golden Boy's Rashidi Ellis.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      If Conor Benn wants to proclaim that he is the best fighter in the UK, then he needs to face the best fighters in the UK.

But due to how Eddie Hearn has promoted Benn, he is on a path that does not really involve proving such a point. So it is up to Benn, whether or not he really cares about fighting these other UK based fighters.
      It's unfortunate that nowadays anyone with half a name is "above domestic level". These guys should be mixing it up. Same situation at light heavy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra Curry View Post

It's unfortunate that nowadays anyone with half a name is "above domestic level". These guys should be mixing it up. Same situation at light heavy.
        I don't mind Conor Benn, but? I would say that Chris Eubank Junior, has been managed by Senior more authentically. He has had two 3 very big domestic fights, against Saunders, Groves and Degale 'And Eubank Junior has taken on some of the best UK and Irish fighters and is continuing go do so'.

The way Benn has been promoted, he is on his own path. He does not really have to face this other UK fighters, he could just keep fighting whoever Hearn wants him to fight until a title fight opportunity appears etc

Conor Benn has only been able to charted this path, because his own marketability 'Eddie Hearn knows all of this, and is doing a great job with Conor Benn'.

Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-18-2021, 08:02 AM.
        Cobra Curry Cobra Curry likes this.

Comment

MAN UP! I was hoping to see Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Avanesyan, but Been vs. Avanesyan would be just fine! Broner is not a good look!

Comment

Eddie's admitted Benn's not ready for Avanesyan just yet, but there are claims that Ava was offered an eliminator against Golden Boy's Rashidi Ellis.
            WBC ordered Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. David Avanesyan, but I don't know what happened to that? Why hasn't GBP made Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Rashidi Ellis?

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

I don't mind Conor Benn, but? I would say that Chris Eubank Junior, has been managed by Senior more authentically. He has had two 3 very big domestic fights, against Saunders, Groves and Degale 'And Eubank Junior has taken on some of the best UK and Irish fighters and is continuing go do so'.

The way Benn has been promoted, he is on his own path. He does not really have to face this other UK fighters, he could just keep fighting whoever Hearn wants him to fight until a title fight opportunity appears etc

Conor Benn has only been able to charted this path, because his own marketability 'Eddie Hearn knows all of this, and is doing a great job with Conor Benn'.
              Can't really argue with any of that but it would have been nice to see a domestic rivalry with someone like Josh Kelly.
              Essowman and McKinson don't really have the profile to attract Benn, unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                WBC ordered Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. David Avanesyan, but I don't know what happened to that? Why hasn't GBP made Vergil Ortiz Jr. vs. Rashidi Ellis?
                Your guess is as good as mine. I suppose Golden Boy are saving that match for a little further down the road?

Comment

CORRECTION: It was a WBA eliminator vs Alexis Rocha.

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine. I suppose Golden Boy are saving that match for a little further down the road?
                    What I really want, is to see Spence fight Crawford, but if he does not, I hope WBC #1 Vergil or IBF#1 Boots, gets the shot! Hearn should let Benn fight Avanesyan (or Crowley), so we can see if these guys belong in the same category as Boots and Vergil!

Lots of new blood @ 147! I'm loving it! Montana Love! MAN UP! Tell Eddie Hearn that you want Conor Benn! He wants to fight in the U.S., why not you?

Cobra Curry Cobra Curry likes this.

Comment

CORRECTION: It was a WBA eliminator vs Alexis Rocha.
                      Wow! Rocha is not even ranked in the WBA Top 10! Smh!

Comment

Working...
                      X