Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Slightly Overweight For 175-Pound Title Defense Against Marcus Browne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Artur Beterbiev Slightly Overweight For 175-Pound Title Defense Against Marcus Browne

Artur Beterbiev stripped naked the first time he stepped on the scale Thursday afternoon in Montreal. It didn't help his cause, as the defending IBF/WBC light heavyweight champion still came in slightly overweight, 175.2 pounds, for his 12-round, 175-pound championship match against Marcus Browne on Friday night at Bell Centre. The Russian-born, Montreal-based Beterbiev was given two hours to weigh in at 175 pounds or less for his fight with Browne, who officially weighed 174.6 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hmmm that's not the best sign but at least it's only .2 lbs. He is fairly stocky too and used to fight at 200 lbs in Ams.

Comment

3.2 ounces…maybe he should ask VADA to do a blood draw

Comment

WAR Browne

Comment

Originally posted by YoungManRumble View Post
          Hmmm that's not the best sign but at least it's only .2 lbs. He is fairly stocky too and used to fight at 200 lbs in Ams.
          He never weighed in at 200. Amateurs does that at high level for political reasons. They sent someone else at 178 and Artur at 200. Both were LHW. The only male we sent to the Olympics this year was fighting above his actual limit as well. I was following him on IG and he was worried that the humidity in Japan would cause him to come way under.

you may remember Ukraine trying their damndest to have Wlad at HW and Vitali at SHW during the one year Olympic. That would have killed Wlad but that’s what they wanted.
          YoungManRumble YoungManRumble likes this.

Comment

Surely he can just have a shave?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_sh*t View Post
              Surely he can just have a shave?
              My thoughts exactly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KING S.O.G View Post
                WAR Browne
                I don't know why but I have this feeling Big Marcus is going to pull this one off. Not his fault he lost to a cheating pascal, who he was outboxing easy. That performance where he battered Jack was brilliant.

Comment

Could an upset be brewing?

Might not be the worst idea to throw some money on Browne.
                  ballencrieff Scotland The Brave likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

I don't know why but I have this feeling Big Marcus is going to pull this one off. Not his fault he lost to a cheating pascal, who he was outboxing easy. That performance where he battered Jack was brilliant.
                    I am a fan of Artur and he is a fellow Eastern European... but the odds seem way too wide.

Artur had COVID earlier this year and we know the toll that can potentially take.

I might put a few bucks on Browne for perhaps a late stoppage.
                    Butt stuff Butt stuff likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X