Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Fully Focused on Dangerous Commey, But Kambosos is a Fight I'd Like

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lomachenko: Fully Focused on Dangerous Commey, But Kambosos is a Fight I'd Like

Vasiliy "Loma" Lomachenko, the former three-weight world champion, is determined to return to the top of the lightweight heap. A former unified lightweight champion, Lomachenko fights former world champion Richard "RC" Commey in a 12-round main event at Madison Square Garden this Saturday Dec. 11 live on ESPN & ESPN Deportes (simulcast on ESPN+).
    [Click Here To Read More]

More interested in a Haney/Kambosos undisputed title fight. Hearn shouldn't be able to screw that one up. Both men are vocal about it. Loma needs to keep winning to line himself up for the winner.
    landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Now that Navarrete has become a free agent, I think the best fights for Loma are Valdez and Shakur Stevenson! Those two should fight early 2022, and I think the winner should fight Lomachenko! What would really put Loma back where he was, in the P4P and ATG discussions, would be a fight with Josh Taylor @ 140! If he was to win that fight, he'd be right back up there with Canelo and Crawford overnight!
      BJSeyessocket BJSeyessocket likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Now that Navarrete has become a free agent, I think the best fights for Loma are Valdez and Shakur Stevenson! Those two should fight early 2022, and I think the winner should fight Lomachenko! What would really put Loma back where he was, in the P4P and ATG discussions, would be a fight with Josh Taylor @ 140! If he was to win that fight, he'd be right back up there with Canelo and Crawford overnight!
        WTF are you talking about fight Taylor. He ain't no Manny Pacquiao, he's clearly found wanting at 35 they're to big for him and so will be a 5'10/11 taylor who's out growing 40.

Loma has arguably one loss because Salido should've been disqualified and it's seeming more believable by the day he was injured in the Lopez fight.
        He shouldn't be removed from the p4p equation because of that at least he's willing to fight real guys unlike some in the division.

Comment

WBO will probably order Kambosos vs Loma. Bob wants those belts back.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Boro View Post

WTF are you talking about fight Taylor. He ain't no Manny Pacquiao, he's clearly found wanting at 35 they're to big for him and so will be a 5'10/11 taylor who's out growing 40.

Loma has arguably one loss because Salido should've been disqualified and it's seeming more believable by the day he was injured in the Lopez fight.
            He shouldn't be removed from the p4p equation because of that at least he's willing to fight real guys unlike some in the division.
            Loma, is a hype job, but he can fight and wants all the smoke that's more Than I can say for most of these greats. Loma fought Garry Russell Jr after coming off of the Salido loss and dominated that is a great win for your resume. Dominated Walters after everyone wanted that fight, dominated Rigo after all the haters demanded he fight Rigo, Loma got a good resume, he's just not the god the hyped him up to be. Also don't forget he fought Linares who was the lineal champ at 135, everyone though top rank was going to make an in house fight and have him fight Beltran, but he wanted all the smoke in his first fight at 135.
            Last edited by TernceBudCharlo; 12-07-2021, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Kambosos vs Haney
              Lomachenko/Commey winner vs Shakur Stevenson

Then the winners against each other, since obviously Tank ain't fighting any body in the top 5.

Comment

Originally posted by TernceBudCharlo View Post

Loma, is a hype job, but he can fight and wants all the smoke that's more Than I can say for most of these greats. Loma fought Garry Russell Jr after coming off of the Salido loss and dominated that is a great win for your resume. Dominated Walters after everyone wanted that fight, dominated Rigo after all the haters demanded he fight Rigo, Loma got a good resume, he's just not the god the hyped him up to be. Also don't forget he fought Linares who was the lineal champ at 135, everyone though top rank was going to make an in house fight and have him fight Beltran, but he wanted all the smoke in his first fight at 135.
                If we're keeping it 100 the whole 35 division are hypejobs there isn't a standout talent amongst them, they prefer twitter fights to real ones (the "big" names) too many people are fans of boxers instead of boxing, hence why guys like Loma/Canelo/Bud/Spence (whomever tickles ya balls) end up "god status" when they're really just very good and not GREAT.

Comment

That’s the fight I want to see Loma vs Kam.

Comment

As a Loma fan, these are the only opponents I think mean anything to his legacy to beat, and if he doesn't beat 3 of them for every 1 that he loses to, I will consider his career as not having lived up to the hype at all. Really, the way he was hyped, he should be beating every single one of them without losing a single time, but I realize that would be bad for the business of boxing, and boxing is foremost a business, so maybe 3-to-1 ratio of wins-to-losses vs these guys is more equitable, altruistic, and philanthropic:

J-Tay at 140, T-Lo at 135 or 140, T-Dav at any weight, Stevens at any weight, T-Craw at 147.

And a few lesser options but still OK: D-Han at 135, 140, or 147, R-Garci at 135, 140, or 147, Inoue at 126, R-Progr at 140 or 147.

Kambosos is fine for a tuneup fight to get the belts back, but Loma needs to get the win back vs Teofimo more than he needs belts. Belts mean nothing in boxing now. Another good tuneup is J-Ramir at 140 but it's not the same as beating J-Tay up there or even R-Prog.

Opponents that mean nothing for Loma:

Richard Commey
                    G-Kamb
                    O-Valde
                    And it goes without saying so I dont even want to mention the name, but anyone who got knocked out by O-Valde at 130 is not a meaningful opponent for Loma at all.

This is what's so screwed up about the sport is that I wasn't even picky. I didnt just say he has to fight this one guy. I gave top level credit for as many as five different names, and I even gave some credit for four more after that. So that means there are nine opponents Loma could fight over the next three years where he could improve his legacy at least a little bit in every single fight. And yet guess what? We may see none of those fights, or at most they will probably make two of them over the next three years. That's how much of a joke boxing is, that people pretend guys like Loma are legacy fighters, but they barely ever fight legacy fights! All talk no action! And you can bet even if they do make two, they won't both be the fights you want to see, just maybe 5th on the list or something like that.
                    Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-07-2021, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X