Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones, Toney, Cotto, Holm Head Class Of 2022 Boxing Hall Of Fame Inductees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to Roy Jones, Jr, James Toney, Miguel Cotto and the rest of the 2022 Boxing Hall of Fame class! Your Hall of Fame inductions were long over due!

Comment

Originally posted by VegasRaiders View Post
      James Toney and Roy Jones tested positive for steroids. People forget
      You racist stupid fucking jacksass!

Comment

Originally posted by PeepeePoopooMan View Post

Exactly! People don't forget they just ignore it because.....well you know.
        Mother fuck you and the boat you float on! You anti-black racist piece of shit!

Comment

Toney is certainly a first ballot hall-of-famer. They should of dropped Ward for Toney. Franky, Ward is not a first ballot hall-of-famer, his career is ok, but he had no memorable fights that anyone would re-watch, he retired too early, he fought in a weak era, and he refused to fight the best out there. Let's face it he was a prima donna and HBO hated working with him and JZ regretted signing him to a promotional contract. I cannot believe anyone would choose Ward over Toney.

Toney's record was a record of who's who of the previous generation. He fought everyone and was one of the most gifted fighters of all time.
          Last edited by jdp28tx; 12-07-2021, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeNDaBox View Post

Voters didn't forget. Toney didn't make it in last year, with those who didn't vote for him citing his two positive tests as a tiebreaker of sorts amidst a loaded ballot. Jones' one positive test was attributed to Ripped Fuel. The irony in the story is that the news was leaked by Richard Hall, who not only also tested positive but did so at nearly 2x higher the amount. Jones was subjected to random pre-fight testing for his next three fights, with the results reported back to Indiana (where he initially tested positive).
            My opinion on Toney testing positive late in his career is due to his pituitary gland issue. It came out in an ESPN documentary that due to Toney's boxing career his pituitary gland was badly damaged and due to this he could not produce testosterone. This was also the reason why Toney could not lose weight. It is possible Toney was using steroids to bring up his testosterone. He could of presented this as evidence of medical use, but then he would of had to disclosed his pituitary issue. In doing so he would of never been granted a boxing license so he never said anything nor challenged his suspension. That is just my opinion. I could be wrong, but who knows.

Comment

Roy Jones and James Toney in the same class.

One man that totally schooled and embarrassed the other.

Comment

HOLLY HOLM!!!! See my avatar. I made a promise a long time ago to name my child Holly if I ever have one. No joke. She’s my favorite

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post

My opinion on Toney testing positive late in his career is due to his pituitary gland issue. It came out in an ESPN documentary that due to Toney's boxing career his pituitary gland was badly damaged and due to this he could not produce testosterone. This was also the reason why Toney could not lose weight. It is possible Toney was using steroids to bring up his testosterone. He could of presented this as evidence of medical use, but then he would of had to disclosed his pituitary issue. In doing so he would of never been granted a boxing license so he never said anything nor challenged his suspension. That is just my opinion. I could be wrong, but who knows.
                  I'm with you on it. And I've said on social media that Toney likely still would've made it in on the first try if he were any other ballot than last year's loaded class.

Comment

Very good class. Hard to tell the story of boxing without those 4 names.

Comment

Originally posted by jdp28tx View Post

James Toney is one of my favorite defensive fighters of all time but that's some bull he tested positive for Anabolic steroids to help him recover from "a torn bicep" not because of his pituitary gland if that was the case he would've been on TRT.

Champion over here calling people racist just because they are bringing up good points that people seem to forget but it's all the truth though. Anabolic is way worse than Clenbuterol yet all you see all day is Clenelo this Clenelo that. People are selective with their opinions only when it benefits their favorite fighters same thing goes with Tyson Fury pure Nandrolone but nobody ever want's to remember that either.

Whether it was ripped fuel or not Jones tested positive and somehow had high levels of testosterone in his system.

In May 2000, light heavyweight champion Roy Jones Jr. and challenger Richard Hall both tested positive for steroids after they met in a title fight in Indianapolis. No penalties or suspensions were issued because Indiana, like many states, has no legal authority to test for steroids, and the IBF, which sanctioned the fight, declined to follow up.

Facts are facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X