No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lightweight Delivers (Again): Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
    It's the eye test! I had watched both Barrios and Cruz fight prior to Tank, so I knew what they would bring! Who did Kambosos fight before Teofimo, but someone still ranked him IBF #1. Right now I can tell you that Michel Rivera would be a problem @ 135, so would Chris Colbert @ 135, so would Subriel Matias @ 140, so would Montana Love @ 140, so would Arnold Barbosa @ 140. They don't have "names" on their resume, but I can see the talent without the "names." If I can, I know there are plenty of others in the business who can see it too!
    organizational rankings dont mean squat..they are obviously manipulated by promoters. Any fighter who is going to be a serious threat to Davis is going to need to have at above average power or supreme boxing skill…Gamboa, Lsc, Barrios, and Cruz has neither. Hence Davis being the heavy favorite against all. They can “show up and bring it”, but in the end they come up short with their lack of power.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

The scumbags on NSB will never admit this.

Remember according to NSB these 2 are Mexican bums with no chance to beat Tank. They were only given fights because haymon likes to serve Mexicans up to his black boxers.

Just wait until they fight non pbc guys. Scumbags like ironchinhagler will suddenly give them credit.
      Yeah, I see a lot of that! I don't understand that logic! If I'm Mexican, I would be glad that Al Haymon is giving his guys title shots, on PPV fights! I guess Spence should not have given Mikey a title shot? I guess Tank should not have given the IBF #2 a title shot?

That being said, I want Floyd to flip the script! Let's NOT give them a shot for a minute! Let's fight Prograis! Let's fight GRJ! Let's fight Chris "Primetime" Colbert! Let's fight Michel Rivera (if he wins his eliminator)! Let's NOT fight in L.A.! Let's NOT fight in Las Vegas! Let's NOT fight in TX! Let's fight in the DMV! Let's fight in ATL! Let's fight in Florida! Puerto Ricans, Cubans, and Dominicans like Boxing too! They have Black Folks too!

I know what worked for Floyd and Roger, but I don't think it's working for Tank! Al should be on this too! PBC has Luis Ortiz, Frank Sanchez, Rigo, Lara, Rivera, Lubin, Thurman, and Matias! Florida should be a HOT destination! Plus the fighters earn TAX-FREE! MIami, Orlando, and Tampa should be in the game!

Comment

These 2 Prada Boys won the fights they were SUPPOSED to win and didn't do it easily (Davis lost or drawed on my count).

Loma is fighting Kommey who is indeed tough and he can loose to this Gana's boxer. Lets see how he fights.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
          organizational rankings dont mean squat..they are obviously manipulated by promoters. Any fighter who is going to be a serious threat to Davis is going to need to have at above average power or supreme boxing skill…Gamboa, Lsc, Barrios, and Cruz has neither. Hence Davis being the heavy favorite against all. They can “show up and bring it”, but in the end they come up short with their lack of power.
          Not either/or, they're going to have to have BOTH! Well that eliminates damn there the whole LW division! If he fights Haney, "He has no power!' If he fights Ryan, "He had mental issues!" If he fights Loma, "He's Lopez's leftovers," or "He has shoulder issues!" If he fights Kambosos, "He was never that good, he just got lucky vs. Teofimo!" Tank is a great talent! That should not take away from Barrios and Cruz!
          Last edited by Bronx2245; 12-06-2021, 01:10 PM.

Comment

Cruz is a serious foe for any champion @ 135! Barrios is a serious foe for any champion @ 140!
            Davis is a serious foe, for sure.

But not expected to win for Loma, Teo, Haney, Kambo, or Ryan

Ryan's win over Campbell is more impressive than of any Tank's fights

Comment

GERVONTA DAVIS & FLOYD MAYWEATHER SHRED RYAN GARCIA & TALK ISAAC CRUZ FIGHT IN POST FIGHT PRESSER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H08CwGl1Kv8

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                These 135 fights have to happen next with the winners fighting each other.

Kambo vs Teo 2
                Loma vs Tank
                Haney vs Garcia
                Neither, and why?

Teo is going up, but i can see a helathy Teo wanting a rematch. Not happening next bc he's not calling him out next.

Tank will not fight Loma, atleast not until Loma is strapped.

Best scenario is

Haney v Kambosos
                Loma v someone - not sure who would want to take this fight for eliminator, bc I see Loma eliminating everyone at 135

Comment

Not either/or, they're going to have to have BOTH! Well that eliminates damn there the whole LW division! If he fights Haney, "He has no power!' If he fights Ryan, "He had mental issues!" If he fights Loma, "He's Lopez's leftovers," or "He has shoulder issues!" If he fights Kambosos, "He was never that good, he just got lucky vs. Teofimo!" Tank is a great talent! That should not take away from Barrios and Cruz!
                  Cruz and Barrios - b-level and huge underdogs. Loma, Lopez, Haney - A-level just like Davis. Kambosos , Ryan - need to see more. If it takes both a-level boxing and power - wish Davis would fight someone who at least has one or the other! Cruz, Barrios, Lsc, old gimpy Gamboa. Davis is a top fighter - needs to face other fighters at that level for once.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

The scumbags on NSB will never admit this.

Remember according to NSB these 2 are Mexican bums with no chance to beat Tank. They were only given fights because haymon likes to serve Mexicans up to his black boxers.

Just wait until they fight non pbc guys. Scumbags like ironchinhagler will suddenly give them credit.
                    IRONCHINHAGLER is right though...based off of what? Who exactly have they proved that against? Barrios doesn't have one credible win on his resume while Cruz barely got passed a shot to pieces 36yr old Vargas,who was dragged up to 135 for that one. A fresher Vargas that got obliterated TWICE by Berchelt? Magdaleno was already ktfo twice? Their resumes are as thin as Linares skin. Or are you going with the tried and true "eye-test" like that Bronx poster?

3 sub par performances against Gamboa,Barrios and now Cruz. Until the latter two go on and beat some credible fighters,I can only come to the conclusion that Tank isn't as great as Mayweathe/Ellerbe want you to believe. I could be wrong and Cruz can go on to be great champion but until then.....

My take from this weekend is that Cryan Ryan,mental issues and all,will end up being the best fighter at 135. His size,speed and power will be too much for anyone at lightweight. Reynoso just needs to help him tighten up his defense and it's a wrap.
                    CharlieStewart CharlieStewart likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Davis is a serious foe, for sure.

But not expected to win for Loma, Teo, Haney, Kambo, or Ryan

Ryan's win over Campbell is more impressive than of any Tank's fights
                      The fight where he got dropped, in an eliminator, was better than Tank demolishing an undefeated Jose Pedraza for the IBF Super featherweight title? Stop smoking that stuff, before you run into some Fetanyl!

Comment

Working...
                      X