No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lightweight Delivers (Again): Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

IRONCHINHAGLER is right though...based off of what? Who exactly have they proved that against? Barrios doesn't have one credible win on his resume while Cruz barely got passed a shot to pieces 36yr old Vargas,who was dragged up to 135 for that one. A fresher Vargas that got obliterated TWICE by Berchelt? Magdaleno was already ktfo twice? Their resumes are as thin as Linares skin. Or are you going with the tried and true "eye-test" like that Bronx poster?

3 sub par performances against Gamboa,Barrios and now Cruz. Until the latter two go on and beat some credible fighters,I can only come to the conclusion that Tank isn't as great as Mayweathe/Ellerbe want you to believe. I could be wrong and Cruz can go on to be great champion but until then.....

My take from this weekend is that Cryan Ryan,mental issues and all,will end up being the best fighter at 135. His size,speed and power will be too much for anyone at lightweight. Reynoso just needs to help him tighten up his defense and it's a wrap.
    Based on what? That's your eye test! Luke Campbell is no better than Jose Pedraza at 130! Luke Campbell dropped Ryan too! Luke Campbell lost to "thin skin" Linares! Ryan could've had the fight with Tank already! Al Haymon even called Ryan directly! Ryan could've fought Haney already! He started talking about Tank, then Pacquiao, then swerved Fortuna, and then he was going to fight Jo Jo! Not Haney, but Jo Jo! Until proven otherwise, Ryan is definitely the weakest link! Everyone says i's Haney, but if you're afraid of the so-called "pillow-fisted" fighter, you're definitely the weakest link!

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
      based off what? Their lone performances against Davis? What had either done prior to that? “Serious” foe at 12-1 odds ?
      Navarrete was no favorite 10-1 against Isaac Dogboe

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        The fight where he got dropped, in an eliminator, was better than Tank demolishing an undefeated Jose Pedraza for the IBF Super featherweight title? Stop smoking that stuff, before you run into some Fetanyl!
        Thanks - i dont live in the Bronx, thats your problem not mine.

Yes I rank Campbell a better fighter than Jose Pedraza - Campbell was stopped, yes Ryan got dropped for not being cautious. Got up, listened to his corner, finished the job.

If you see it differently, thats simply your opinion. I dont think you're wrong, nor that you're smoking something.

Maybe we can learn to be respectful of each other's opinion without suggesting that they have a drug problem.
        Last edited by IAMTHAT; 12-06-2021, 05:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

IRONCHINHAGLER is right though...based off of what? Who exactly have they proved that against? Barrios doesn't have one credible win on his resume while Cruz barely got passed a shot to pieces 36yr old Vargas,who was dragged up to 135 for that one. A fresher Vargas that got obliterated TWICE by Berchelt? Magdaleno was already ktfo twice? Their resumes are as thin as Linares skin. Or are you going with the tried and true "eye-test" like that Bronx poster?

3 sub par performances against Gamboa,Barrios and now Cruz. Until the latter two go on and beat some credible fighters,I can only come to the conclusion that Tank isn't as great as Mayweathe/Ellerbe want you to believe. I could be wrong and Cruz can go on to be great champion but until then.....

My take from this weekend is that Cryan Ryan,mental issues and all,will end up being the best fighter at 135. His size,speed and power will be too much for anyone at lightweight. Reynoso just needs to help him tighten up his defense and it's a wrap.
          No he isn’t. Both put on excellent fights. Both fought liked world class fighters are supposed to.

Everyone at has an account on this site has to know who you beat triangle theory analogies are worthless.

Styles make fights not who you beat before.

Winning a tougher than expected fight historically was the mark of a good fighter. Only now in this forum do you dudes make it a negative. That tells me the problem is with posters who judge a fighter based on their appearance on a pbc card and not the merits.

I didn’t claim Tank to be great. Never have. The problem is because he is with PBC you guys come up with really dumb garbage then double down when you’re proven wrong.

Cruz and Barrios are solid pros. No they’re not hof level. They also aren’t as bad as some suggested. They proved as such when they fought Tank.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-06-2021, 06:26 PM.
          Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post

Navarrete was no favorite 10-1 against Isaac Dogboe
            True. Dogboe was favored.
            Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

True. Dogboe was favored.
              Thats because most of the mexican fighters are unknown fighters by mexicans, so... imaginé what the world knows about them. Canelo said months ago that Boxing is despised in México.

Estrada was unknown and no favorite against Brian Viloria. Sánchez was not favorite against Wilfredo Gómez, Chávez against Azabache Martínez.

Do You know that the fight of Davis vs Cruz was not televised in México?

Comment

No he isn’t. Both put on excellent fights. Both fought liked world class fighters are supposed to.

Everyone at has an account on this site has to know who you beat triangle theory analogies are worthless.

Winning a tougher than expected fight historically was the mark of a good fighter. Only now in this forum do you dudes make it a negative. That tells me the problem is with posters who judge a fighter based on their appearance on a pbc card and not the merits.

I didn’t claim Tank to be great. Never have. The problem is because he is with PBC you guys come up with really dumb garbage then double down when you’re proven wrong.

Cruz and Barrios are solid pros. No they’re not hof level. They also aren’t as bad as some suggested. They proved as such when they fought Tank.
                I agree with you about Cruz, he was proven in much senses last night, his defense is not that bad because his short height, close guard and a little head movement, his chin is strong too, he use well his arms to defend. And he can compete with any of the best 135 and probably beat some of them.

About Barrios I don't agree, he arguably lost against a unknown fighter of those ex sovietic countries, and Mario only looked well some rounds against Tank because his height and reach, but Barrios is easy fight to most of the best in 140. He has heart but I think he is not a good win, just an ok win. His level is 10-15 in his division.

Cruz had better rivals, an old Vargas is better than the rivals Barrios has been in the ring. And Cruz win against Matthice in his backyard was good. Cruz level is top-6 in a very competitive división.

Now I think Cruz is a good/solid rival, Barrios is an ok rival.

Comment

what are tanks merits? his resume stinks. lets just judge him on that then shall we? he also seems to have an aversion to fighting top fighters while trying to fight guys like abner mares and rolly romero.

Comment

Regardless if all of them are OVERRATED AF! Over the last 2 Weeks, 135 have taken over the Sport and has the sport Buzzing for sure and we got Loma vs Commey coming up this weekend so yeah I'm loving 135 but they need to keep the momentum going by fighting each other in 2022

Comment

The scumbags on NSB will never admit this.

Remember according to NSB these 2 are Mexican bums with no chance to beat Tank. They were only given fights because haymon likes to serve Mexicans up to his black boxers.

Just wait until they fight non pbc guys. Scumbags like ironchinhagler will suddenly give them credit.
                      Lol and when is that gonna happen? When they run out of in-house bums or when the ppv sales are non existent?

Comment

Working...
                      X