Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Whatever The Best Opportunity is For Me, I'll Do It

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post

Well, he would have at least made it very tough for them that's for sure. However, I do agree with your overall sentiments. Isaac 'Pitbull' Cruz was a far cry from a cherry pick. This man actually knows how to fight. I tip my hat to him.
    But people have been crediting this as a much better fight than the original, which clearly was a cherry pick. Cruz should have been higher on the to-do list than Romero for sure.
    champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post

Cruz is just a lot better than the pbc haters want to admit. You think Haney, Garcia, or even Kambosos would have beaten Cruz last night?
      100% yes they would, dont even think of putting tank with loma

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
        Sadly.....NONE of the lightweights are as big as they say (or feel) they are! None of them!

Lopez vs Kambosos was only as big as it was due to the rescheduling and antics between cancellations and the actual fight date. Oh yeah, there was action in the fight and it ended in an upset.

The issue with today's fighters is they believe they're more important than they really are. You can't just snatch up a belt, sign with a network/promoter/manager and duck & hide from competition within your division while falsely claiming to "be the man" of said division. These guys literally taunt each other but refuse to fight.

After all of the ducking & posturing, one of them finally gets "the call" and a shot at the cash cow. How do they perform? They stink up the joint and walk away with a payday while fans are stuck with the ****ty performance.

Devin is said to make "$3M per fight" and how much did (or does) Kambosos make? Less than $2M? And that was because of the Triller default. So, let me get this straight....does anybody think Devin's going to take ANYTHING less than that $3M for an "undisputed" fight? Highly doubt it.

This alone is gonna cause Bob to interfere, throw THE perfect offer at Kambosos and his team, and "x" Haney out of the equation. I mean, did he ever fight for that WBC belt? From what I understand, Loma was THE official WBC champion before they incorporated Haney as champ.

Tank is such a "star" but won't fight any of the other lightweights because he's busy being just that- a "star." FOH! I said all this to say, they're gonna ruin this "undisputed" stuff if they throw Tank back in the mix and think Haney's going to play ball. Besides....who TF is Haney anyway? Nobody knows!

This is gonna be a mess but Bob's gonna clean it up with the Lomachenko/Kambosos fight being done RIGHT! All of these young guys think they're Floyd but they'll find out sooner than later.
        Honestly Loma beats all of them (even Teo in rematch, even Teo at 140 honestly)
        MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
          I'm convinced that 135 lbs is not the weight class for Tank Davis. This was his second poor performance and outing at this weight class when you include the Yuriorkis Gamboa fight. I believe he should move up to 140 where he would have the speed advantage while still maintaining his power. Those guys would be a lot more wiry and easier to hit than Pitbull was who was keeping his chin tucked in all night; Which is why Gervonta had trouble landing that huge uppercut of his.
          I don't know, he's such a small guy he would start running into much bigger guys with more pop than most of the 135 guys have. He will always have the power to compete but when gets toward the Josh Taylor level of guys who have power, are bigger and can box as well he may have alot of trouble

Comment

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
            The real champ has spoken. Davis will knock Kambozo and Haney out in the same night
            From social media? Do you not have to be in the ring?

Comment

Best PBC option at 135, is probably Javier Fortuna or Michel Rivera, so take your pick.

Comment

Originally posted by IAMTHAT View Post

Honestly Loma beats all of them (even Teo in rematch, even Teo at 140 honestly)
                You won't get any argument from me on this one!

Loma is a MAN in this sport! A MAN in the division who put in hard work to become unified before facing the Fakeover! And he's not even a true Lightweight, lol. All of these lightweights are pups and they're clearly insecure about what they bring in the ring!

Bunch of girls sitting around saying who is or isn't the "A-side" and who has more followers and "I'm undefeated! My zero....blah blah blah!" Enough already! These guys live in an alternate universe and only see their social media following as real fans that can turn over a dollar.

Ryan got rocked by Luke Campbell in January, got up and stopped him and we haven't heard anything from this pillow biter about an upcoming fight....we just see him fanning out at Canelo events and tweeting from the sofa like he's active. A bunch of weak weirdos nowadays, I swear.

I'm just waiting from them to either strip Devin of his unwarranted WBC title or box him in to take a pay cut so he can drop the belt and let the real men of the division be the face of it.

Comment

I hope in next 2 years we seen all these guys facing each other. I can deffo say Loma will fight one or two of them down the road. Tank will continue going up and down the weights cherry picking.
                  the best thing can happen to this division is
                  loma winning all the titles, than it will finish all the bla bla bla in tweeter, and force them to mix fighting each other or move up. Where none of them pose threat to Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

But people have been crediting this as a much better fight than the original, which clearly was a cherry pick. Cruz should have been higher on the to-do list than Romero for sure.
                    I agree. Rolly Romero was a piece of trash. Tank would have stopped in less than 5 rounds.
                    Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

You won't get any argument from me on this one!

Loma is a MAN in this sport! A MAN in the division who put in hard work to become unified before facing the Fakeover! And he's not even a true Lightweight, lol. All of these lightweights are pups and they're clearly insecure about what they bring in the ring!

Bunch of girls sitting around saying who is or isn't the "A-side" and who has more followers and "I'm undefeated! My zero....blah blah blah!" Enough already! These guys live in an alternate universe and only see their social media following as real fans that can turn over a dollar.

Ryan got rocked by Luke Campbell in January, got up and stopped him and we haven't heard anything from this pillow biter about an upcoming fight....we just see him fanning out at Canelo events and tweeting from the sofa like he's active. A bunch of weak weirdos nowadays, I swear.

I'm just waiting from them to either strip Devin of his unwarranted WBC title or box him in to take a pay cut so he can drop the belt and let the real men of the division be the face of it.
                      Great post

Yes a good amount of kids coming out today are kids, and not mature ones. You can be a mature kid, and an immature adult. Level of maturity means how responsible you are. A 6 year old could be responsible and a 60 year old could be irresponsible.

Many of the upcoming fighters (Teo, Ryan, Berlanga, and many more) and more concerned about their image - thats why they come off so fake. They're hyper vigilant about what everyone thinks about them. This as a result has an affect on their training regiment.

I really like Xander Zayas - he's of a different breed
                      charliepaerker charliepaerker likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X