Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia Return Targeted For February, Interested in Derevyanchenko or Golovkin in 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
    Lol man people just love to hate complaining about a fight against Derevyanchenko when the guy has never been stopped and 2 of his 3 losses were close decisions and all 3 losses are to current or former champions. If Munguia were able to stop him he would make a huge statement.
    Not a complaint but he has 3 losses and there’s belts that could be unified. Which name do you get more from? A class Russian with no belt and several losses or a champ?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Munguia is far from my favorite, I just acknowledge the fact that GGG is a far bigger name than Andrade. Beating GGG means more than beating a guy who refuses to do more than bore the hell out of people and has the charisma of a wet blanket. He's wasted so much time that nobody cares about him. What is Andrade's biggest win? I'll wait. When was the last time he had the fans on their feet during one of his fights? When was the last time you heard people talk about an Andrade fight with excitement? Munguia's last fight was exciting, Canelo sure as hell don't need him, he doesn't even fight at 160 anymore. It's a pure failure that Hearn can't get him fights that matter. It's a pure failure that he can't market himself. He can only blame himself for his bone headed decisions.
      He wastes time bc people feel he’s a waste of time. He’s not getting offers. And you use it as justification for him not getting offers. Ggg personality is one of the worst on the planet, he’s just a worker. Andrade knocked out quickly in exciting fashion last fight, but he’s labeled a duck when people aren’t willing to get in the ring with him.

Comment

Munguia will outgrown the 160lbs division within 2 years.

His star/name will also be BIGGER than Charlo & Andrade. (As they wait in line still)

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post

Not a complaint but he has 3 losses and there’s belts that could be unified. Which name do you get more from? A class Russian with no belt and several losses or a champ?
          First off he's Ukrainian not Russian pretty big mix up especially when they are on the brink of war with each other. Secondly, Munguia doesn't have a belt at 160 so what belts that could be unified are you talking about? Lastly 2 of those 3 losses could be disputed and they are to world class fighters.

Like I said why were Charlo and Andrade fighting Montiel and Quigley instead of each other? I was excited when they announced Golovkin against Srezemeta was a fight I was dying to see almost as much as the Steve Rolls fight. So automatically Munguia has to do what you all say, he literally called out Golovkin after his last fight but Golovkin has never mentioned him why is that? These fights will be made you all need to start complaining about why your favorite fighters aren't fighting anybody instead of constantly hating on fighters you don't like.

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
          Jacobs beat Dervy in 2018! GGG beat Dervy in 2019! Charlo beat Dervy in 2020! Dervy is now 36 years old! I don't think Munguia needs that fight! I think he's ready for Andrade or Charlo now! However, you don't think so, and I don't think GBP thinks so either! No shame in that, just move out the way, for those who want a title shot NOW!
          Haha you want to talk about age when Golovkin is pushing 40 yet people are still asking for that fight. You want to bring up years but how come Charlo just defended his title and looked like garbage against someone Munguia knocked out in 2017 at 147 lbs. I think Munguia is ready he already has asked for Charlo and Golovkin those are bigger money fights for him than Andrade who is content fighting guys like Quigley and Williams looking for a Canelo payday he's never getting.

I don't think that highly of Munguia either he's still a work in progress but he obviously has that extra gear to compete at the top level regardless of his technical skills. Before Charlo became a heavy drinker I would have favored him over Munguia but it seems in the later rounds Charlo loses his stamina and I think Munguia could possibly win that fight now. Against Golovkin it all depends on if Munguia can take his punch, I think his pressure could overwhelm him at this stage of his career due to his age and how he's looked these last few fights but obviously his skillset is miles above and he has the experience to still beat Munguia and possibly knock him out.

Like you said move out the way of guys who want the title shot like Liam Williams, Jason Quigley and Juan Macias Montiel lmao.
          Last edited by Kannabis Kid; 12-04-2021, 01:54 PM.
          Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

He wastes time bc people feel he’s a waste of time. He’s not getting offers. And you use it as justification for him not getting offers. Ggg personality is one of the worst on the planet, he’s just a worker. Andrade knocked out quickly in exciting fashion last fight, but he’s labeled a duck when people aren’t willing to get in the ring with him.
            Quigley is a nobody which is why Andrade fought the way he did, he was terrible in his previous fight. Who is Andrade's best win by the way? GGG still generates more buzz than Andrade so what does that say about Andrade's personality? It's s**t. Don't get me wrong would like to see him fight Charlo, GGG and Munguia but clearly he is badly promoted and seems uninterested in marketing himself. He's made some awful career decisions as well

Comment

First off he's Ukrainian not Russian pretty big mix up especially when they are on the brink of war with each other. Secondly, Munguia doesn't have a belt at 160 so what belts that could be unified are you talking about? Lastly 2 of those 3 losses could be disputed and they are to world class fighters.

Like I said why were Charlo and Andrade fighting Montiel and Quigley instead of each other? I was excited when they announced Golovkin against Srezemeta was a fight I was dying to see almost as much as the Steve Rolls fight. So automatically Munguia has to do what you all say, he literally called out Golovkin after his last fight but Golovkin has never mentioned him why is that? These fights will be made you all need to start complaining about why your favorite fighters aren't fighting anybody instead of constantly hating on fighters you don't like.

Haha you want to talk about age when Golovkin is pushing 40 yet people are still asking for that fight. You want to bring up years but how come Charlo just defended his title and looked like garbage against someone Munguia knocked out in 2017 at 147 lbs. I think Munguia is ready he already has asked for Charlo and Golovkin those are bigger money fights for him than Andrade who is content fighting guys like Quigley and Williams looking for a Canelo payday he's never getting.

I don't think that highly of Munguia either he's still a work in progress but he obviously has that extra gear to compete at the top level regardless of his technical skills. Before Charlo became a heavy drinker I would have favored him over Munguia but it seems in the later rounds Charlo loses his stamina and I think Munguia could possibly win that fight now. Against Golovkin it all depends on if Munguia can take his punch, I think his pressure could overwhelm him at this stage of his career due to his age and how he's looked these last few fights but obviously his skillset is miles above and he has the experience to still beat Munguia and possibly knock him out.

Like you said move out the way of guys who want the title shot like Liam Williams, Jason Quigley and Juan Macias Montiel lmao.
              He’s the mandatory he can get a shot but he’s not fighting. That’s coddling. Boxers should want straps period. And Ukraine has been at war with Russia since Crimea or at least in conflict, it’s ages old and old news.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Quigley is a nobody which is why Andrade fought the way he did, he was terrible in his previous fight. Who is Andrade's best win by the way? GGG still generates more buzz than Andrade so what does that say about Andrade's personality? It's s**t. Don't get me wrong would like to see him fight Charlo, GGG and Munguia but clearly he is badly promoted and seems uninterested in marketing himself. He's made some awful career decisions as well
                But he’s a fighter with a strap! He fought quickly bc nobody would fight him, his mandatory wouldn’t fight him and then fans say who has he fought! It’s annoying bc then boxers go back and repeat the same narrative, who have you fought? But nobody will fight him. AND HE HAS A STRAP!

Comment

He’s the mandatory he can get a shot but he’s not fighting. That’s coddling. Boxers should want straps period. And Ukraine has been at war with Russia since Crimea or at least in conflict, it’s ages old and old news.
                  Wasn't Andrade supposed to make a defense of his 154 pound title against Charlo but pulled out because he thought he was worth more than 250k at the time? Mandatory means nothing anymore. You do realize there are more belts than just the WBO right? Munguia is also ranked #1 by the WBC so if anything he's going to fight Charlo before he fights Andrade. Like I said Charlo just made a defense against Juan Macias Montiel someone Munguia knocked out 2 divisions south and he didn't even look good. That's acceptable to you it seems but you are complaining that Munguia is lining up to fight the winner of Adames and Sergiy in a title eliminator for another organization? It's not even a given that Sergiy will beat Adames so whoever wins fighting Munguia is a perfectly fine fight. Why don't Andrade and Charlo unify in the meantime?

Everybody knows about Crimea but Russia is sending almost 200k troops to the Ukrainian border with plans of invading in 2022 so it's escalating again smart guy if you read a little more in your life maybe you would know that.

Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

But he’s a fighter with a strap! He fought quickly bc nobody would fight him, his mandatory wouldn’t fight him and then fans say who has he fought! It’s annoying bc then boxers go back and repeat the same narrative, who have you fought? But nobody will fight him. AND HE HAS A STRAP!
                    Having a strap dont mean a whole lot when you dont have a following. These days with the saturation of these belts you gotta do more. Andrade doesn't market himself. You didn't answer what is Andrade's biggest win. You know why that is? Because we both know his resume is paper thin. Maybe he should fight all his fights like he did Quigley but he wont. GGG got big by KOing people in brutal fashion, taking risks to land his big shots. Andrade is boring in and out of the ring, strap or no strap.

Comment

Munguia wants GGG or Dervy! That's how this conversation began!!! He ain't talking about Charlo!

Comment

Working...
                      X