Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Munguia Return Targeted For February, Interested in Derevyanchenko or Golovkin in 2022

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
    Haney is not that important and holds a paper belt why would they be in a hurry to fight him?
    The "Franchise" belt is the "Paper" belt! You can't win it in a fight! It's literally GIVEN to you! There is NOT a WBC Franchise belt in every division! Only certain fighters were GIVEN the title!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      The "Franchise" belt is the "Paper" belt! You can't win it in a fight! It's literally GIVEN to you! There is NOT a WBC Franchise belt in every division! Only certain fighters were GIVEN the title!
      Lomachenko never lost his WBC belt it was stripped from him. Before the Franchise was created Loma was the champion he never lost that belt in the ring meanwhile Haney hadn't even fought a former champion before fighting for an interim title. You seem to have a very small brain because you completely forget to mention that when Haney was "hurt" he was allowed to hold on to his belt and bypass his mandatory in Javier Fortuna. He straight up ducked Fortuna no question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Who says Andrade is even one of the best? He's looked great at times but look at the competition. He looked pretty bad at times too. He could have had a win 7 years ago which would at least give him a win over one of the better boxers out there today. Could have used that to leverage a bigger fight or at the least a rematch. Unlike Andrade he is better promoted, better marketing and has actually accomplished stuff since. Andrade has played himself with that diva attitude which I have a feeling has costed him the relevancy he craves. I enjoyed the guy personally, he's looked good vs the low level of competition they line up for him.

You never answered, when exactly does any blame land on Andrade and Hearn themselves for these failures? Never?
        Dude, I admitted Andrade was wrong turning down the Charlo fight SEVEN YEARS AGO!!!

But, it was seven years ago. An undefeated long time champion has a right to call himself one of the best until one of the other champs steps up & proves he wasn't .

And we don't know if Andrade's the best because they all keep ducking him

You still haven't told me what Rocky Fielding, Matt Korborov, Anil Yildrim, and Murata have done to deserve to fight Canelo, GGG, and Charlo that Andrade hasn't.

Are they so exciting and marketed do great?

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

I agree with you, he should not have that luxury but thats the state of the sport. I don't think any boxer would come out and say such things and I can't say I'd respect it if they did. I also don't view Andrade as some boogeyman, he is poorly promoted and marketed. I would favor him if they fought but I'd list that as 60-40% chance Andrade comes out on top.
          That’s reasonable, and of course nobody wants to hear a fighter say “I can’t beat such and such”. I’m just saying that pretending like such and such doesn’t exist is even worse.

I actually think Andrade is a winnable fight for Munguia but his actions suggest a lack of confidence. After all he had no problem calling out Gabe Rosado.
          jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

Working...
          X