Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos: I Think Lopez Wants Nothing To Do With A Rematch; I Wish Him All The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
    Yeah I think there will be no rematch. Lopez would struggle to make this weight again.
    Lopez is killing himself from two ends, his dad and trying to make a ridiculous weight for a young guy growing, who needs to still develop man strength. Lopez has potential to be a real talent if he reads the tea leaves...

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
      While Kambosos beat Lopez, Lopez can beat Kambosos in a rematch. There are two takeaways from that fight. 1) If Lopez had a better corner, he'd perform better (instead of going for a knockout, he'd be in a better position to box and win on points 2) Make no mistake, he hurt Kambosos when he knocked him down.....this means if he plays his cards right, he can probably drop and stop Kambosos.
      It's true that Lopez' knockdown of Kambo def scrambled his head a bit. It wasn't like the flash knockdown that Kambo gave Lopez in round 1. But for those two rounds you could see that Kambo took his foot off the gas a little too. In fact, during those two rounds, I started wondering if Kambo was gassing out and if Teo was going to takeover.

Before that, and after that, Kambo wouldn't let the action die. If Lopez was trying to stand in front of him, he give him a few hard jabs, come in with a hook or overhand, and keep the pressure on and keep Lopez shocked. That was key to his win, plus movement.

So you could just as easily say that if Kamobo keeps his foot on the gas for 12 rounds next time (that's a big if), then Lopez can never beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybstts View Post
        Is everyone ignoring the obvious? The names tossed about for Kambosos's next fight exclude the biggest name, and that's Lomachenko. If Loma beats Comey I expect to see him in Sydney in May. Maybe sooner. Loma and Bob Arum want those belts back. I wouldn't bet against that outcome.
        Kambo wants his next fight in Oz, and I can't see Haney, Tank or any of the other likely lads willing to make that trip, except Loma (or Commey for that matter). I can't see there being that much more money on offer to get Kambo back to somewhere like Vegas vs what he could get filling a stadium in Oz, especially vs the likes of Loma. Kambo could win it too. A prime Loma with 2 shoulders beats Kambo easily, but he isn't that guy any more.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post

Kambo wants his next fight in Oz, and I can't see Haney, Tank or any of the other likely lads willing to make that trip, except Loma (or Commey for that matter). I can't see there being that much more money on offer to get Kambo back to somewhere like Vegas vs what he could get filling a stadium in Oz, especially vs the likes of Loma. Kambo could win it too. A prime Loma with 2 shoulders beats Kambo easily, but he isn't that guy any more.
          Doesn't need 2 healthy shoulders. Loma needs his feet.

Kambosos isn't going to trouble Loma much beyond that Danny Garcia inspired "No Look" overhand right.

Other than that, Loma can swarm him with pitty pats and jive out of the way.

Haney has the biggest problems with Kambosos because he'll be there to be hit and isn't too far off Teo in the way they manage themselves in the ring.

That's why Kambosos should make that Haney fight more so than anyone else. He's losing to Loma, Davis, and Ryan imo.

And I only say Ryan because Kambosos has that bad habit of ducking to the right. That's a prime target to duck into Ryan's left hook. Which is his only good punch.

Comment

Working...
          X