Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos: I Think Lopez Wants Nothing To Do With A Rematch; I Wish Him All The Best

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jockpunk View Post
    A lack of mention of Loma who May still very well be the best 135er in the world. He is going to be a mandatory at some point in the not too distant future.
    Loma by end of 2022 will rule this division, i wouldnt be surpirsed as undisputed. Even if Lopez sticks around. At their best I have

Loma
    Teo
    Kambosos
    Tank
    Haney
    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Is everyone ignoring the obvious? The names tossed about for Kambosos's next fight exclude the biggest name, and that's Lomachenko. If Loma beats Comey I expect to see him in Sydney in May. Maybe sooner. Loma and Bob Arum want those belts back. I wouldn't bet against that outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybstts View Post
        Is everyone ignoring the obvious? The names tossed about for Kambosos's next fight exclude the biggest name, and that's Lomachenko. If Loma beats Comey I expect to see him in Sydney in May. Maybe sooner. Loma and Bob Arum want those belts back. I wouldn't bet against that outcome.
        I think everyone quietly realizes that none of the top lightweights mention Lomachanko's name anymore. Truth be told, none of the self described 4 kings ever wanted to fight Lomachanko and I expect them to continue avoiding him as long as they can. Hearn now has control of the belts and he's in no hurry to give Arum a chance to take them back, he will try to box Lomachanko out for as long as he can or until Lomachanko looks vulnerable. A lot will hinge on how the Commey fight on Dec 11th plays. Keep in mind, Hearn doesn't have a deep stable so he needs those belts and if he's smart he'll try to drag this out. Unfortunately it's not difficult to play keep away with Arum because Arum is a cheap and he resents paying Lomachanko as much as he did Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybstts View Post
          Great observation, I was thinking the same thing and I believe a lot of other people were too.....
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
            Now that's a class guy. Showing respect and no hard feelings. I don't recall Lopez showing that energy towards Loma, after his win there.
            The is because.... well... he didn't.

To be fair, Lomachenko never really showed respect to Lopez winning. But Lopez was a "drag your name through the mud" kind of winner.
            Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

Australians are fair dinkum.

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post

Spouting things that are not reasonable or just plan fabrications may be early signs of dementia. Just sayn.
                So you're saying that according to the history books, Manny Pac beat Jeff Horn...and you didn't watch Crawford windmill as Horn evaded the shots en route to the ref jumping in, and you didn't watch 'CM Punk' Kambosos give your guy Teo the business?

Is that what you're saying?

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post

No just Diaz. Garcia was stripped when he pulled out of the Fortuna fight, and Diaz, Fortuna was for the vacant belt.
                  That's what I thought. Thanks.
                  Rodtang Rodtang likes this.

Comment

While Kambosos beat Lopez, Lopez can beat Kambosos in a rematch. There are two takeaways from that fight. 1) If Lopez had a better corner, he'd perform better (instead of going for a knockout, he'd be in a better position to box and win on points 2) Make no mistake, he hurt Kambosos when he knocked him down.....this means if he plays his cards right, he can probably drop and stop Kambosos.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Lopez didn’t have impressive power at 135 where he was almost always the bigger man. He’s gonna be ordinary at 140 and I don’t think arum gives a fk about protecting him as he has to recoup those high guarantees so he’s gotta march him tough to at least break even because after that post fight anyone who is still a Lopez fan is just a Groupie. One of the worst post fight interviews ever. Lopez fkd himself badly, pissed off promoter, pissed off manager, and fans jumping ship.
                      Teo is good, he just fought the wrong fight. His father made it personnal and made personal oriented advices "knock him out". A healthy mentally, well coached, focused and humble Lopez beats Kambosos.

I'm worried about Teo mental health, he's showing strong signs of mental breakdown.

Comment

Working...
                      X