Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kambosos To Lopez: I Won Fair and Square - Take It Like a Champ!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Kambosos To Lopez: I Won Fair and Square - Take It Like a Champ!

On Saturday night at Hulu Theater in Madison Square Garden, Australia's George Kambosos pulled one of biggest upsets in recent memory, when he picked up a twelve round split decision win over Teofimo Lopez to capture the WBO, IBF, WBA lightweight titles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Madison Square Garden fans made it clear in the post fight interview.... The Booing for Teo took over the take over!

Comment

It's certainly right up there with one of the biggest wins by an Aussie, outside of Australia.

Jeff Fenech was robbed in the first fight with Azunah Nelson, so I'll chalk that up as an Aussie win. Jeff Horn had a debatable win over Pacquiao, but that was in Australia.

I can't think of other notable Australian fighters. I remember the one dude beat a faded Roy Jones, other than that I can't think of any other big wins.

Kambosos has just become a star. All the big names want him, Haney, Stevenson, dare I say a kinda popular Garcia. He's going to earn more than what he got for the Lopez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
        It's certainly right up there with one of the biggest wins by an Aussie, outside of Australia.

Jeff Fenech was robbed in the first fight with Azunah Nelson, so I'll chalk that up as an Aussie win. Jeff Horn had a debatable win over Pacquiao, but that was in Australia.

I can't think of other notable Australian fighters. I remember the one dude beat a faded Roy Jones, other than that I can't think of any other big wins.

Kambosos has just become a star. All the big names want him, Haney, Stevenson, dare I say a kinda popular Garcia. He's going to earn more than what he got for the Lopez fight.
        If Tyszu was actually Australian, his classic Ko over Zab was pretty big, but he was a transplant and not actually Australian.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post

Lionel Rose beat Fighting Harada.

Comment

Teo can't rep Brooklyn, without spending time in Brooklyn! He really should humble himself, and go back, i.e. go to Andre Rozier! His Dad is limited, and that was on full display! He beat Loma because Loma was scared of him! Kambosos was not scared of him!

Comment

Teo got what he deserved … I always felt he’s overrated even after his wins Commey and Loma. 135 is even hotter now, I can’t wait to see how 135 plays itself out in 2022
              juanpablo juanpablo likes this.

Comment

I like this kambosos dude , he got herky jerked foe the entire year off this promotion and stood his ground . He kept focused and went and beat lopez straight up in his hometown .

some betting man won big last night on kambosos.

now he deserves to defend his title at home vs the likes of haney or ryan garcia if they have the ballz?

i say fck lopez , he has unfinished bizz with loma and needs to go after tank .

Comment

thats the great thing about boxing, its the humble characters that shine through, out goes the takeover and in comes the emperor

Comment

even more respect for George for keeping it classy when he could easily be rubbing it in after all the disrespect leading up to this fight

Comment

Working...
                    X