Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Says a Canelo Trilogy is Possible, But He Doesn't Dwell On The Subject

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post

Professional Brit and Mexican commentators have no bias either. If they thought Jacobs beat Canelo what do you want them to do? Not say it?
    They absolutely have bias. Come on

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

I think that's a bit overboard but it's a fair complaint. If you said it more matter of factly and less emotionally, it would hold more sway I think.

I think part of the underperforming from GGG was less about him and more about his opponent - Jacobs' chin is much better than we all thought, and he also fought to survive, not really win. Canelo did the same in fight 1, and I didn't know he could move laterally with his feet like he did in fight 1. Fight 2, and since fight 2, Canelo looked like a different man, and is now the number 1 pfp fighter in the world. Beating a guy like that, but not KOing him, is still really good.

Derevy was a poor showing vs a tough opponent. Probably took him lightly but it happens. Definitely fair to critique GGG in those 4 fights though. But saying he didn't win them, nah the only close one was vs Dervy.

FACT: Hypekin under-performed... EVERY SINGLE TIME he stepped up in class

that is as " matter of fact " as you can get kid LMAO

and...

props for coming up with a silly excuse to explain why Hypekin under-performed... EVERY... SINGLE... TIME... he stepped up in class

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

FACT: Hypekin under-performed... EVERY SINGLE TIME he stepped up in class

that is as " matter of fact " as you can get kid LMAO

and...

props for coming up with a silly excuse to explain why Hypekin under-performed... EVERY... SINGLE... TIME... he stepped up in class

Underperformed relative to my expectations. But they were pretty high expectations. Winning all four of those fights on my card as well. That's not too shabby in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Nah, Daniel Jacobs beat Golovkin.

According to Brit and Mex tv.

yea, there was nothing in that fight

truth be known... Golovkin's best win is probably David "c-class" Lemieux LMAO

and there are shltheads running around who call Golovkin " great "... wtf?

Comment

Underperformed relative to my expectations. But they were pretty high expectations. Winning all four of those fights on my card as well. That's not too shabby in my book.

FOUR TIMES... coincidentally (lol), every time he stepped up in class... with NO standout performance, and no signature win on his resume

THAT, is called... being a over-rated hypejob

most fans can see that now with Golovkin

only the worst casuals are still fooled... because they know absolutely nothing about this sport, and have no feel for the game whatsoever

not the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last

Golovkin is Left Hook Lacey 2.0

Comment

FOUR TIMES... coincidentally (lol), every time he stepped up in class... with NO standout performance, and no signature win on his resume

THAT, is called... being a over-rated hypejob

most fans can see that now with Golovkin

only the worst casuals are still fooled... because they know absolutely nothing about this sport, and have no feel for the game whatsoever

not the first time this has happened, and it won't be the last

Golovkin is Left Hook Lacey 2.0

No, I disagree. He just was really solid in the big fights. No spectacular highs, no spectacular lows. Consistency is what makes any man or athlete great. It's what made GGG great. No real surprise that he was so consistent in the big fights. He was consistent in all his fights. It's what made him great - no slip ups, like Teo tonight for example. Or Charlo vs a Korbov etc.

He got the job done just in a workmanlike fashion. Smart fighter.

Comment

so what you are saying is, Pacquiao is nearly as full-of-shlt as Bullshltkin ?

I like Pac, but you have a fair point there... we all know about mannyweight

but as far as Golovkin goes... nah, what you posted was bullshlt...

Golovkin Aims High and Low: Would Fight Ward at 168 and Canelo at 154
                http://thaboxingvoice.com/golovkin-a...canelo-at-154/

BEFORE shlt got real:

October 2014
                Ring TV.com: If you could, for a moment, could you specifically address the notion of fighting Andre Ward and/or Miguel Cotto or Canelo Alvarez?

Gennady Golovkin: I have big respect for Andre Ward. He has accomplished many things in the ring. My focus is to fight at middleweight unless there is a big fight at 154 or 168 that would be on pay-per-view. I think both Canelo and Cotto are warriors in the ring. They both have big hearts and both would be a big event and pay-per-view fights.
                https://www.ring tv.com/362749-gennady-golovkin-puts-miguel-cotto-atop-his-wish-list/

AFTER shlt got real:

October 2015
                "Cotto-Canelo takes place at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. Canelo has never fought above 155. Cotto has never fought at the full middleweight limit. He fought Daniel Geale at 157 and Sergio Martinez at 159. Cotto stated in past interviews that all of his future opponents would be subject to a catch-weight.....

"I'm champion of 160, middleweight is my comfortable weight. For what [reason would I do a catch-weight]? For business or for what? I'm a boxer. I'm the champion of the middleweight division," Golovkin said.
                "
                http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...-canelo--97113

It's not "AFTER **** got real" ... you just misunderstood.

He said he would fight big fights at 154 or 168. He didn't say he would fight at any weight between 154 and 168, but that those specific weights were possible.

He didn't think that the MW belt should be fought at a catch-weight, which is why he didn't want to fight between 155-159. He said that he would fight a non-MW fight at 154 or 168 though, if it was a big PPV attraction.
                Last edited by buge; 11-28-2021, 01:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by buge View Post
                  It's not "AFTER **** got real" ... you just misunderstood.

He said he would fight big fights at 154 or 168. He didn't say he would fight at any weight between 154 and 168, but that those specific weights were possible.

He didn't think that the MW belt should be fought at a catch-weight, which is why he didn't want to fight between 155-159. He said that he would fight a non-MW fight at 154 or 168 though, if it was a big PPV attraction.

no, that excuse is childish bullshlt

FACT: Golovkin promised to fight Canelo at 154 and Ward at 168

FACT: Bullshltkin killed BOTH of those fights over weight

Golovkin Aims High and Low: Would Fight Ward at 168 and Canelo at 154
                  http://thaboxingvoice.com/golovkin-a...canelo-at-154/

you need to grow up and hold a grown responsible for the lies he told you

FACT: a few months after totally refusing to drop a single pound for the SUPERSTARS Cotto and Canelo... Bullshltkin started that he is willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody will step up

that is fkn embarrassing dude, have some pride

Comment

No, I disagree. He just was really solid in the big fights. No spectacular highs, no spectacular lows. Consistency is what makes any man or athlete great. It's what made GGG great. No real surprise that he was so consistent in the big fights. He was consistent in all his fights. It's what made him great - no slip ups, like Teo tonight for example. Or Charlo vs a Korbov etc.

He got the job done just in a workmanlike fashion. Smart fighter.

nothing made Golovkin great

FACT: the ONLY criteria for greatness is resume... WHO did you beat, with consideration given to when/how... nothing else matters

FACT: Golovkin's second - and truth be known, possibly - biggest win... is David Lemieux

* he under-performed EVERY time he stepped up in class
                    * he fell short in his biggest fights
                    * he does not have a career-defining fight... not one
                    * he does not have a signature win... not one

you absolutely REEK of silly fanboy

Comment

nothing made Golovkin great

FACT: the ONLY criteria for greatness is resume... WHO did you beat, with consideration given to when/how... nothing else matters

FACT: Golovkin's second - and truth be known, possibly - biggest win... is David Lemieux

* he under-performed EVERY time he stepped up in class
                      * he fell short in his biggest fights
                      * he does not have a career-defining fight... not one
                      * he does not have a signature win... not one

you absolutely REEK of silly fanboy

Nah I think he was pretty clearly great. I've given my reasons for that. If you disagree, that's cool. You certainly share your opinions very emotionally, which is odd. But to each his own.

Comment

Working...
                      X