Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Porter's Father Did The Right Thing, I Was Coming With a Vengeance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thuglife Nelo View Post
    It took Crawford 10 rounds to actually commit to punching. Put him in with CHARLO. Will he even throw a punch or just copy hop around like Porter giving a boring fight?
    so enjoyable when you post your idiotic ret@rd logic in an attempt to pretend that you’re smart, only to expose your biased uniformed opinion. Did you know that through 10 rounds, Canelo only averaged approximately 1 more punch thrown and 1 more punch landed per round vs Plant than Crawford did through 10 rounds yesterday vs Porter? Yet you were jumping around with pom poms in a Canelo cut off belly tee over that performance. Care to explain?

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
      so enjoyable when you post your idiotic ret@rd logic in an attempt to pretend that you’re smart, only to expose your biased uniformed opinion. Did you know that through 10 rounds, Canelo only averaged approximately 1 more punch thrown and 1 more punch landed per round vs Plant than Crawford did through 10 rounds yesterday vs Porter? Yet you were jumping around with pom poms in a Canelo cut off belly tee over that performance. Care to explain?
      Canelo and Plant were just hopping around the center ring waiting for each other to throw. Your comparisons are gangsta like Pink!

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
        Porter's dad did the right thing by stopping it when he did, but MAN, was that some sucker sh.. he said on the microphone after the fight. He could have saved that for the locker room. Humilated his grown man son in front of his beautiful ass wife and millions of viewers.
        Terrible, just absolutely terrible how he humiliated his son in the ring after the fight. Listening to that, and realising Porter has had to deal with that all.his life, I can see why porter never quite managed to be "great".
        lion33lit lion33lit likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
          Shawn deserved better from his father and deserves better from some of the goofball fans on here. Porter always fought the best guys available and never once put out a poor effort. If some of your favorite fighters were more like Porter, boxing would be in a better state as we’d have the best fighting the best instead of what’s going on now.
          *slow clap*

Outstanding post.
          tokon tokon likes this.

Comment

Crawford is all that and a bag of chips hats off to him
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Premature stoppage

Shawn clearly still had his senses and energy

Comment

I understand why he stopped the fight as Bud is a hellacious finisher and there is still more time left to do considerable damage but he is reaching with his reasons. f your fighter wasn't preparing well before the fight, it is an indictment on you that you still moved forward as the head trainer. The honorable thing to do would have been to step aside and let a different voice come in and perhaps he may respond better. His ego would not let him and the payday would not let him. The man didn't lose because of preparation, the guy fought the best he could and the other fighter just had a little more tools in his bag to work with with.

Shawn is a grown man and to continually berate him in that manner in public is inexcusable. I so much hate when fathers try to project their shortcomings on their son. You 've raised him right already and it shows in his demeanor so kudos to you but he doesn't need your stupid tough love at age 34. The guy is a complete narcissist and you can hear it every time if he talks about his son. I have done this for him, I have done that for him, helloooo what about what he's done for you in return. I get the sense Shawn is retiring to spare his father the embarrassment of firing him but I do hope he continues to fight but certainly without his father.

Comment

Easy to come down hard on Porter’s pop for his comments but maybe he was telling truth. Porter after 5 was reduced to ineffective lunges. It had to be frustrating to be in the corner and see hope for a win wilting and dying.

Against Spence, Porter went strong for 12. Without that late kd I had the fight even. Maybe it was only Crawford’s body punching that wilted Porter or maybe Porter’s dad had a perspective we didn’t have.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlout View Post
                    I understand why he stopped the fight as Bud is a hellacious finisher and there is still more time left to do considerable damage but he is reaching with his reasons. f your fighter wasn't preparing well before the fight, it is an indictment on you that you still moved forward as the head trainer. The honorable thing to do would have been to step aside and let a different voice come in and perhaps he may respond better. His ego would not let him and the payday would not let him. The man didn't lose because of preparation, the guy fought the best he could and the other fighter just had a little more tools in his bag to work with with.

Shawn is a grown man and to continually berate him in that manner in public is inexcusable. I so much hate when fathers try to project their shortcomings on their son. You 've raised him right already and it shows in his demeanor so kudos to you but he doesn't need your stupid tough love at age 34. The guy is a complete narcissist and you can hear it every time if he talks about his son. I have done this for him, I have done that for him, helloooo what about what he's done for you in return. I get the sense Shawn is retiring to spare his father the embarrassment of firing him but I do hope he continues to fight but certainly without his father.
                    Great post but I hope Porter sticks with his retirement decision. He's too honourable a guy and deserves better than to carry on, as he says, as a gatekeeper. In reality that what he was in this fight

Comment

Porter got knocked down twice by punches he didn't see. There was still half the round to go. The was no way he was going to win on points. He was likely to get knocked down again. Porter's dad knew what was up. Of course Shawn was willing to go out on his shield. That is what was about to happen.
                      4truth 4truth likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X