Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Porter's Father Did The Right Thing, I Was Coming With a Vengeance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I have to say is that Bud is an elite fighter, say what you want, the guy always comes for the finish, has a great IQ, has tremendous power and adapts to what you throw to him. Bud finally won me as a fan yesterday because he beat a great fighter and stopped him.

While I do think that Canelo's resume is above him and that is not up for debate I still think that his resume is a great one, not a killer one like Canelo but it is a great resume and this KO over Porter is gonna put him on the conversation for #1.

Bud vs Spence next please to finally see the top 2 welters of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post

Great post but I hope Porter sticks with his retirement decision. He's too honourable a guy and deserves better than to carry on, as he says, as a gatekeeper. In reality that what he was in this fight
      Yep, Haymon would most likely match him very tough going forward. For example, an easy touch followed by Boots Ennis (give Boots a big fight to try to lure him into signing with Al because Boots is not signed to Al at the moment). Or, Al could give Shawn a Thurman rematch as a last pre-retirement payday.

Comment

Very shady set of circumstances….I don’t care for either Porter but I wouldn’t think they would be involved in any suspicious activities with this fight but if Shawn or his father goes to work in any form with top rank or ESPN let the investigation begin

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
          Easy to come down hard on Porter’s pop for his comments but maybe he was telling truth. Porter after 5 was reduced to ineffective lunges. It had to be frustrating to be in the corner and see hope for a win wilting and dying.

Against Spence, Porter went strong for 12. Without that late kd I had the fight even. Maybe it was only Crawford’s body punching that wilted Porter or maybe Porter’s dad had a perspective we didn’t have.
          Porter trained for eight months to fight Spence, he only trained for three months for Crawford

Porter hired David Benevidez and Demetrius Andrade as sparring partners for Spence, but had lightweight Gevonta Davis to help him prepare for Crawford.

He clearly was nowhere near as prepared for Crawford as he was for Spence.

Comment

Bud is being a shlt.
            No one credits a cornerman for turning their guy into a quitter.

FOH

Comment

Originally posted by Doubledagger View Post

Porter trained for eight months to fight Spence, he only trained for three months for Crawford

Porter hired David Benevidez and Demetrius Andrade as sparring partners for Spence, but had lightweight Gevonta Davis to help him prepare for Crawford.

He clearly was nowhere near as prepared for Crawford as he was for Spence.
              Only ?!?!?!?
              He wasn't beaten pillar to post.
              11 months wouldn't have changed a thing.

Comment

Working...
              X