Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Parker: I've Got a Good Feeling I'll Finish Chisora Inside The Distance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Parker: I've Got a Good Feeling I'll Finish Chisora Inside The Distance

Former WBO world champion Joseph Parker (29-2, 21 KOs) wants to leave no doubt when he faces veteran Derek Chisora (32-11, 23 KOs) in their upcoming rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I just don’t think he has had the same fire since the massive payday he got fighting Joshua. He had close tough fights with Whyte & Chisora but he just didn’t seem to have the same fire. He has made a lot of money early in his career & he doesn’t seem like the type of guy who is worried about legacy. Since Joshua it has been Whyte, Winters, Leapai, Flores, Fa & Chisora. He didn’t look impressive against Leapai, Fa or Chisora. He is only 29 though so maybe he can prove me wrong & recapture some intensity. This is a massive fight for him. He is highly ranked & a loss to Chisora could spell the end of him as a contender. Chisora is 37 & tough as nails but he has a lot of miles on the odometer. Del Boy has been in a lot of tough fights. I still have it a 50/50 fight. I’m not sure who wins.
    Last edited by joe strong; 11-11-2021, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Parker is too soft for this.
      Just participant these days...
      landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I’m thinking the ref will stop it early if del gets hit to avoid having to rob him on the cards

Comment

I sometimes forget how young he still is. He’s always been good, but not great. He’s got a good chin but he’s a bit of a soft puncher. I’d like to see him fight Wilder. Parker’s the much better boxer but I’m about 50/50 on if his chin holds up to Wilder’s much better punching power. Would anyone else care to see that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by earl_grey View Post
            I sometimes forget how young he still is. He’s always been good, but not great. He’s got a good chin but he’s a bit of a soft puncher. I’d like to see him fight Wilder. Parker’s the much better boxer but I’m about 50/50 on if his chin holds up to Wilder’s much better punching power. Would anyone else care to see that fight?
            I’d like to see Wilder/Parker. I believe when both were champions Wilder tried to get Parker in a unification bout but Parker obviously went with the more lucrative option in Joshua. The funny thing is if they did fight the winner would of had a better negotiating chip for a Joshua unification fight. Obviously Parker wanted the guaranteed 8 digit check. & you can’t blame him for that because if he takes the Wilder fight & loses then he never sees that 8 digit payday… like Martin he cashed out on a Joshua fight…
            earl_grey earl_grey likes this.

Comment

Well, as long as you have a good feeling about it, Joe. Wonder how Del feels?

Comment

Parker has zero chance to ever be a champion again

Comment

Yeah yeah he literally says this every fight then plods around lacking power and ability to fight at long range due to lack of reach
                  He's durable and I respect that but dude needs longer arms he just gets into wars and lacks the power to bail him out
                  landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

I have a good feeling it will be stopped in the distance as well. Not sure if Parker and I agree on who does the stopping though.....
                    earl_grey earl_grey likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X