Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: A No-Brainer To Fight Tyson Fury Next; Not Gonna Put It Off To Fight Otto Wallin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

Bruh, Buster Douglas flamed out after the Tyson victory...got fleeced by Holyfield and did nothing of note afterwards. Most would argue that Mike Tyson was coked up out of his mind and was barely training for that fight. The only reason people bring up Tyson/Douglas because it's the biggest upset to date in the sport and they really have no leg to stand on.

Don't you realize most of these "great" fights take years to make and most fighters peak and flourish in their early 30's? Most of those big fights happens when guys are in their 30's...as you can see at 135, those guys are in their 20's and haven't fought "the best"...let alone each other.

If Wilder's best days were behind him, then why even give Fury credit for the victory? If Wlad was so old, why does that victory even matter? Sadly, had both Wlad and Wilder beaten Fury, they would've been considered ATGs of some sorts. Smh
    I get where ur coming from, but that's today's days fighters not even 10 15 years ago the best prime fights were in the 20s the only reason the young fighters are unbeaten because there picking guys over the hill in there 30s that's how I see it, the reason those wins were very good fury because he ended 2 great runs but what I'm saying is he hasn't done anything yet since, I believe has potential too if he stays dedicated to this but if not he only beat the man but he hasn't been able to do what the man he beat could do and that's being successful defending titles and beating top 20 young lions, not people on the way out, I'm just saying right now he hasn't surpassed buster Douglas because at least Douglas went against other top fighters I'm sure if stays active and fights young lions and beats them than I put him past douglas

Comment

Fake injury. So obvious. I wish he'd just admit he didn't want to risk losing again like he did to povetkin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sammy7861992 View Post

I get where ur coming from, but that's today's days fighters not even 10 15 years ago the best prime fights were in the 20s the only reason the young fighters are unbeaten because there picking guys over the hill in there 30s that's how I see it, the reason those wins were very good fury because he ended 2 great runs but what I'm saying is he hasn't done anything yet since, I believe has potential too if he stays dedicated to this but if not he only beat the man but he hasn't been able to do what the man he beat could do and that's being successful defending titles and beating top 20 young lions, not people on the way out, I'm just saying right now he hasn't surpassed buster Douglas because at least Douglas went against other top fighters I'm sure if stays active and fights young lions and beats them than I put him past douglas
        I'm gonna stop you there again. You're speaking of 10-15 years ago but we've been complaining about the best NOT fighting the best for just as long. Not all of those guys were fighting big fights in their 20's....it's usually a culmination of hype and what could be, but these young fighters aren't fighting many crossroads fights against their equals to see who's the best.

Young fighters ALWAYS fight older guys on their way up....a changing of the guard, if you would. And one more time....Buster Douglas is a bad example but you keep using him as a measuring stick.

Fury ended two runs (Wlad and Wilder)...that's what he's supposed to do. He JUST finished Wilder earlier this month. His only knock is beating Wlad and retiring for nearly 3 years, but the man is still undefeated and is currently the HW champ. Let's not forget COVID...that interrupted a lot of title defenses and such.

Comment

Why not just say that from jump? And why strong Otto along and make him spend his hard earned contender money when you never intended to fight him any way? Otto just got an expensive lesson in dealing with the Hearn clique

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
            That's what I was saying. Fury ended the the Klitschko Era, and has been the best since then! He's not the "best ever!" If Deontay knocked him down 4 times in 3 fights, I doubt Fury would've beaten Lennox Lewis and Rid**** Bowe!
            He would not have beaten prime bowe, Tyson, Holyfield, or Lewis and certainly not Holmes and foreman’s in their primes. Those two were able to be highly competitive in their 40s during the second best era of heavyweights in the history of the Marquis of Queensbury era

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

I'm gonna stop you there again. You're speaking of 10-15 years ago but we've been complaining about the best NOT fighting the best for just as long. Not all of those guys were fighting big fights in their 20's....it's usually a culmination of hype and what could be, but these young fighters aren't fighting many crossroads fights against their equals to see who's the best.

Young fighters ALWAYS fight older guys on their way up....a changing of the guard, if you would. And one more time....Buster Douglas is a bad example but you keep using him as a measuring stick.

Fury ended two runs (Wlad and Wilder)...that's what he's supposed to do. He JUST finished Wilder earlier this month. His only knock is beating Wlad and retiring for nearly 3 years, but the man is still undefeated and is currently the HW champ. Let's not forget COVID...that interrupted a lot of title defenses and such.
              OK maybe I got bit carried away I started he is not the best ever and nowhere near, but that's not say he can't be he has the tools he just needs to fight active top 20s for how ever long he has left, a lot of key Ord warriors have been calling him a king the goat but I. Haven't met one person in boxing club say the same and I'm Irish and my club if full of travelers, but he needs to be displine and active, I partly agree with u buddy
              MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

So that's what it was all about....skipping out on a Wallin loss so Fury can skip out on him...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  He would not have beaten prime bowe, Tyson, Holyfield, or Lewis and certainly not Holmes and foreman’s in their primes. Those two were able to be highly competitive in their 40s during the second best era of heavyweights in the history of the Marquis of Queensbury era
                  MAN....Mike Tyson would have sliced through Tyson fury like a wet paper towel.

Is this really a conversation? Lmao
                  Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

I don't think we'll be hearing from wilder in a hot minute so whyte needs to go for it now and try to crack him while he's still crackable .

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                      Agreed, any of those guys would have beaten Fury. A prime Ali would have sliced up Fury's eyes before they stopped the fight in the 10th round. Fury is from what I can see the best of his era. We can all be honest and fair about that. I believe that this era of heavyweight boxing is very very weak because none of these top fighters want to fight each other. Fury, Wilder, Joshua, Whtye, etc should all have fought each other now, win, lose or draw. Even the skill set of today's heavyweight fighters isn't on par with guys from the 70s or 90s. Floyd Mayweather started all of this stuff with top guys holding out until guys age out or just straight up avoiding top guys with a whole lot of excuses as to why these fights can't be made. Hopefully all the top guys will fight each other so a lot of the questions about who's the best of his era can be answered.

Comment

Working...
                      X