Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte on Injury: I'm Devastated, I Was Looking Forward To Knocking Wallin Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    He wasn't ready. He didn't want that work after he saw what Otto did to Fury in the 12th round.
    Post makes Absolutely no sense
    Whyte choose to fight Wallin months ago
    Smh

Comment

shoulder-pain.gif

Comment

Fun fact the same ppl defending Whyte right now are the same exact ones who crucified Fury for Covid & who have called other fighters cowards for countless moves that don't compare to pulling out 2 weeks before a fight many expected them to lose.

Comment

Suspect. I lost a bit of respect for Whyte here, but definitely a shrewd business decision as the mandatory for the WBC.

Comment

Young Edward is teaching him well.......The swerve and the rematch clause !

Comment

Yeah. I'll believe it if you come back and go for Wallin. Sounds like an excuse but I'll wait for the surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinenut View Post
                He’s fought before with an injured shoulder apparently. He has said a few times he would fight through injury. I expect it is a mix of not being 100% and being pulled as it’s a high risk low reward fight. He might be on the brink of a title shot and Wallin could ruin that
                I agree with you. What I don't understand is why Whyte agreed to the fight in the first place. If he wanted a fight while he waited for the Fury/Wilder situation to unfold, he could have taken an easier fight than Wallin.

Comment

Yeah right right.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

I agree with you. What I don't understand is why Whyte agreed to the fight in the first place. If he wanted a fight while he waited for the Fury/Wilder situation to unfold, he could have taken an easier fight than Wallin.
                    I was pondering this earlier today. I looked it up and Whyte-Wallin was announced Sept. 15, 10 days before Joshua-Usyk fought. My guess? They were so sure like the rest of us that Joshua was gonna beat Usyk's ass and they figured Joshua vs. the Fury-Wilder III winner was inevitably next. Usyk surprised and Whyte pulled the plug on the Wallin fight. Fury-Whyte in the UK, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

I was pondering this earlier today. I looked it up and Whyte-Wallin was announced Sept. 15, 10 days before Joshua-Usyk fought. My guess? They were so sure like the rest of us that Joshua was gonna beat Usyk's ass and they figured Joshua vs. the Fury-Wilder III winner was inevitably next. Usyk surprised and Whyte pulled the plug on the Wallin fight. Fury-Whyte in the UK, I guess.
                      This is a pretty solid assumption. I would have to agree… There were some here that called for the Usyk upset but most did think Joshua would win. I think those who picked Joshua had no idea he would try to outbox him.
                      Last edited by joe strong; 10-20-2021, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X