Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas Voices Displeasure Over WBA Welterweight Box-Off, Campaigns For Showdown With Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post

Orgs don’t want unification. Unification = less money within that weight class. Yes they get their monthly dues however the real money is in the fighter fighting to defend their belt. A unified champion only causes that fighter to defend an org belt once every year and a half (because the fighter has to cycle through 4 belt defenses). Atlas has been screaming for years how boxing needs to be regulated and oversight at a National level. Enough of the state regulated BS. Clean up boxing before it becomes extinct!
    I'm not sure that's correct. Josh Taylor for example has a WBO mandatory coming up, but he's defending all four belts and therefore paying 4 lots of sanctioning fees. That's why a lot of the time an undisputed guy will vacate almost immediately, rather than stay there and defend his crown.
    BendOver BendOver likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post

As I already stated, Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff.
      No one knows who the hell Abel Ramos is.
      Tomas Dulorme is a gatekeeper.
      Jamal James and Ray Robinson are average fighters.

So once again Ugas' resume is a 43 yr. old ATG coming off a 2 year layoff. And he's crying for special treatment? That's the problem with boxing, everyone wants to be treated with kid gloves.
      Man, Ugas achieved far more than 90% other welterweights.

Comment

This era is so weird to me and the fans are equally as weird. Ugas is trying to unify belts and the organizations try to stand in the way Wid bs tournaments. While fans talk about what Has he done smh . Then fighters say easy work but don’t fight him if it’s that easy go get it, exactly.
        BendOver BendOver likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PanchoGomez View Post
          This era is so weird to me and the fans are equally as weird. Ugas is trying to unify belts and the organizations try to stand in the way Wid bs tournaments. While fans talk about what Has he done smh . Then fighters say easy work but don’t fight him if it’s that easy go get it, exactly.
          To be honest, he has done more than Porter who is praised for losing to Thurman, Brook and Spence.

PanchoGomez Rayzah BendOver BendOver like this.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            I feel sorry for him. He should rematch Pacquiao, but Pac retired unfortunately.

I guess Ugas should defend his title against guys WBA wants him to, because nobody will fight him without his belt. he is no draw, but clearly a dangerous guy.
            But again, I don't know why everyone here is so against tournaments. There are literally THREE WBA belts right now - Ugas with Super, James with Regular and Ortiz with Gold.

Why do people not want to clean that up? It needs to be cleaned up.

Not 3 weeks ago people on NSB were complaining about too many belts, the WBA takes at least a step to try and fix it and people here are still complaining. Why?

Comment

I do agree that he shouldn't be forced to fight Stanionis. I'm not sure what that kid ever did to earn a mandatory shot at the super champion. With that said, he should be forced to fight the James-Butaev winner (I have Butaev winning that fight on Oct. 30). Spence won't be available until mid-2022 anyway, and he might go for a tune-up first as well. Ugas beat a legend last time out, but Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff and fought every bit his age. The win is overrated. Ugas hasn't proven anything yet.
              He beat porter a$$ too. Took the 0 from Figueroa, jamal and perella. Before his fight against pacquio, nobody gave him a shot. Now pacquio is done. I have to remind you that pacquio loss his legs, not because age. The bodywork did the job. He took a beating. Stay safe
              PanchoGomez Rayzah likes this.

Comment

As I already stated, Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff.
                No one knows who the hell Abel Ramos is.
                Tomas Dulorme is a gatekeeper.
                Jamal James and Ray Robinson are average fighters.

So once again Ugas' resume is a 43 yr. old ATG coming off a 2 year layoff. And he's crying for special treatment? That's the problem with boxing, everyone wants to be treated with kid gloves.
                He is not crying for special treatment. He wants the top fighters. That's not crying. It's commendable.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post

But again, I don't know why everyone here is so against tournaments. There are literally THREE WBA belts right now - Ugas with Super, James with Regular and Ortiz with Gold.

Why do people not want to clean that up? It needs to be cleaned up.

Not 3 weeks ago people on NSB were complaining about too many belts, the WBA takes at least a step to try and fix it and people here are still complaining. Why?
                  If he's the WBA top dog, why not fight the other top dogs? Instead of fighting boxers below him, specially one he already beat. I think cleaning the whole 4 belts scenario, will be better for the sport than cleaning the wba mess. Created by them. I'll love only one champ per weight class.
                  Last edited by BendOver; 10-19-2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
                    As many of you have already stated, Ugas is 100% right! What is the WBA thinking? Ugas should be allowed to face Spence next, it's the most logical match up for both fighter's career.
                    Yeah that's true, but Stanionis has a career too.

Comment

They just gave Ugas Dillian Whyte's parking space.

If Ugas doesn't dance he'll have nothing and be avoided. If Ugas agrees to dance he'll find himself in tough fights so that even if he does arrive he'll be older and, or, damaged.

Ugas fights technical and he's not a caricature so he's not money and never will be. Ugas has no star power and in age of Maywether/Canelo it's grounds for solitary confinement.

Comment

Working...
                      X