Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ugas Voices Displeasure Over WBA Welterweight Box-Off, Campaigns For Showdown With Spence

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lefty0616 View Post
    I guess the plan is to keep Ugas busy and try to keep the division interesting until Spence returns, but this is a bad idea and unfair treatment towards Ugas. Why not put him in a big fight against Keith Thurman or Danny Garcia?
    Keith Thurman is retired. He hasn't fought in over two years. He has two fights total in the last 4 1/2 years. Forget about him. He got married, had a kid, and retired.

Danny Garcia is moving up to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post

Fighting a mandatory is one thing, having a tournament is another. And that's what his complaining. The tournament
      Technically it's not a tournament. He just has a mandatory, which must gave been due. The James, Butaev fight is the consolidation fight to reduce titles. And then the two winners fighting is also part of the consolidation process. In those other divisions the super champions just don't have a mandatory pending, as were Ugas does.

Comment

The WBA pretty much sums up what's wrong with boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by BendOver View Post

Read and comprehend. He doesn't have a mandatory. He's been order to participante in a tournament, to find out who the "champ" is.
          It's not though. It's being termed that. If this title consolidation process was not happening, Ugas still had a mandatory against Stanionis regardless. But because this process is happening it is basically giving him back to back mandatories. The WBA could have handled this better by letting him clear his mandatory then unifying, before carrying on with consolidation.
          BendOver and Castilo like this.

Comment

As many of you have already stated, Ugas is 100% right! What is the WBA thinking? Ugas should be allowed to face Spence next, it's the most logical match up for both fighter's career.

Comment

this situation is just another example of a ridiculous unnecessary problem caused by the WBA handing out titles like Joe Biden hands out candy to little kids... he should try to secure a fight with Spence and then dump that **** in the bin

BendOver likes this.

Comment

So, I agree with Ugas. I do.

HOWEVER... this tournament as built will have some AWESOME fights that we wouldn't see otherwise. Plus let's face it, we really need to clean up WBA Welterweight from the mess that Pacquiao created.

My only question : where's that leave Spence? It's he going to be forced to fight Keef? Who else is left that's available?

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  I hope the WBA doesn't budge. Having one champion per weight class is more important than Ugas' feelings.

Spence can fight Crawford while Ugas engages in the WBA tournament. Or Ugas can just dump the belt.
                  147 already has 1 wba champion and its ugas.

He beat pac and james.

He should be allowed to unify. No mandatory.
                  BendOver likes this.

Comment

This wouldn't be such a problem if fighters fought more than once every 15 months. He could easily take a couple of tune up fights before fighting Spence on PPV.
                    BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Hustle View Post

147 already has 1 wba champion and its ugas.

He beat pac and james.

He should be allowed to unify. No mandatory.
                      I do agree that he shouldn't be forced to fight Stanionis. I'm not sure what that kid ever did to earn a mandatory shot at the super champion. With that said, he should be forced to fight the James-Butaev winner (I have Butaev winning that fight on Oct. 30). Spence won't be available until mid-2022 anyway, and he might go for a tune-up first as well. Ugas beat a legend last time out, but Pacquiao was 43 years old coming off a 2 year layoff and fought every bit his age. The win is overrated. Ugas hasn't proven anything yet.

Comment

Working...
                      X