Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the hw division hinges on Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder fighting or not fighting anyone doesn’t matter . The era will move on and there’s better fighters out there so he’s not the measure of if an era is good or not if he’s involved nothing is hinged on him , that just doesn’t make sense . Yes there’s some very good fights for him but he’s not a make or break scenerio for the entire division he never was .
    Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-18-2021, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post
      Wilder fighting or not fighting anyone doesn’t matter . The era will move on and there’s better fighters out there so he’s not the measure of if an era is good or not if he’s involved ,that just doesn’t make sense .
      He’s actually the reason why this era is looked down due to how rubbish he’s and how he never fought anyone with a pulse.

They claim the division needs him because he’s a yank but apart from the media and a section of race warriors on social media - overwhelming majority of Americans neither like or rate him and they see him for who he’s: a certified bum. Hence he’s not a draw there.

Take away narrative in the media and social media - Wikder is worthless and most Americans look at him the same way they used to look at Butterbean.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

He’s actually the reason why this era is looked down due to how rubbish he’s and how he never fought anyone with a pulse.

They claim the division needs him because he’s a yank but apart from the media and a section of race warriors on social media - overwhelming majority of Americans neither like or rate him and they see him for who he’s: a certified bum. Hence he’s not a draw there.

Take away narrative in the media and social media - Wikder is worthless and most Americans look at him the same way they used to look at Butterbean.
        Wilders good for the sport he has exciting fights but severe limitations which his knockouts catch up with which is ironic because it’s a draw and a circus act of sort at the same time which hardcore fans use against the era . I think he can beat a lot of guys but wheather he does is why ppl will watch . Yes the media built him up ,Klitschko really was that guy with power and skill but it’s all perception . Wilder used loud voice and acted like a spoiled child where Klitschko just did his thing and wasn’t outspoken , Wilder really got lucky the Klitschko brothers were on there way out but I still think he’ll provide some good fights if he doesn’t duck the punchers .

Comment

the division hinges on the unhinged guy

to be fair to wilder he does seem to be coming round and accepting he lost the fights, u gota give credit where its due, i think wilder should try for a highlight reel ko of a good opponent next to open the path for another big fight

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Wilders good for the sport he has exciting fights but severe limitations which his knockouts catch up with which is ironic because it’s a draw and a circus act of sort at the same time which hardcore fans use against the era . I think he can beat a lot of guys but wheather he does is why ppl will watch . Yes the media built him up ,Klitschko really was that guy with power and skill but it’s all perception . Wilder used loud voice and acted like a spoiled child where Klitschko just did his thing and wasn’t outspoken , Wilder really got lucky the Klitschko brothers were on there way out but I still think he’ll provide some good fights if he doesn’t duck the punchers .
            He’s as good for the sport as Butterbean bean was. The boy is terrible - the only guy that folds his arms in the ring.

Man, fffck Wilder. He’s a bum and a cancer. Thank goodness he’s not holding the belt hostage anymore. He needs to earn his shot for the first time in his career - nothing would be given to him on a platter this time.
            Last edited by BangEM; 10-18-2021, 06:23 AM.

Comment

His last PPVs with Fury did about 600k then 800k-1.2m and then 600k. In a territory with $80 thats serious money that its hard to walk away from.

I actually think he and Fury have surpassed Joshua. He's now, despite getting his ass handed to him twice, a bonafide star. Like with Tyson, whose back-to-back losses to Holyfield didn't stop him from participating in one of the biggest PPV fights ever with Lewis, he's controversial and a reliable KO artist which bizarrely enough, the division seems to be lacking. And I also think Americans are kinda obsessed with black fighters who they can route against. Provided he remains competitive and continues to work on his boxing with Scott, he isn't really going anywhere.

But thats a big if, a part of me reckons he could be shot. He was sluggish from the opening bell in his last fight and his legs looked kinda gone.

A fight or two in which he doesn't lose and a title holder like Usyk or a future one like Joyce would probably take him on for the money and the chance to prove themselves against a dangerous puncher.
              Last edited by KingGilgamesh; 10-18-2021, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post

He’s as good for the sport as Butterbean bean was. The boy is terrible - the only guy that folds his arms in the ring.

Man, fffck Wilder. He’s a bum and a cancer. Thank goodness he’s holding the belt hostage anymore. He needs to earn his shot for the first time in his career - nothing would be given to him on a platter this time.
                LOL at this pathetic Somalian ***** still crying because his bum boy has been thoroughly outclassed.

Comment

Usyk will beat AJ, then Fury will beat Usyk while AJ has an easy fight, then Fury will beat AJ. That will take at least 2 years. Wilder fans will spend that time making threads like this while he faces Helenius types.

Wilder is not some kind of huge draw the rest of the division 'needs'. Having Fury as a dance partner in a great fight has helped his profile but it's not made him a superstar. Can't think of anybody in boxing history who has become a PPV star off the back of a brutal beatdown. Even in really exciting fights, did Kelley become a huge star after the war with Hamed? Did the 70s HW division revolve around Ron Lyle after his loss to Foreman?

So bizarre how no matter what happens in Wilder's career, his fans still believe he's the centre of the division. His fights lose money? Apparently still a huge draw. Fighting nobodies? That makes him great. Loses almost every round when he does step up? Doesn't matter, rematch. Happens again? Doesn't matter, another rematch. Happens again? Doesn't matter, division still hinges on him.
                  Damn Wicked Damn Wicked likes this.

Comment

For a start, he should fight and beat somebody like Helenius or Martin. Than he should fight Ruiz. I would also love to see him fighting AJ for some reason. I really wonder what happens if they fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post
                      His last PPVs with Fury did about 600k then 800k-1.2m and then 600k. In a territory with $80 thats serious money that its hard to walk away from.

I actually think he and Fury have surpassed Joshua. He's now, despite getting his ass handed to him twice, a bonafide star. Like with Tyson, whose back-to-back losses to Holyfield didn't stop him from participating in one of the biggest PPV fights ever with Lewis, he's controversial and a reliable KO artist which bizarrely enough, the division seems to be lacking. And I also think Americans are kinda obsessed with black fighters who they can route against. Provided he remains competitive and continues to work on his boxing with Scott, he isn't really going anywhere.

But thats a big if, a part of me reckons he could be shot. He was sluggish from the opening bell in his last fight and his legs looked kinda gone.

A fight or two in which he doesn't lose and a title holder like Usyk or a future one like Joyce would probably take him on for the money and the chance to prove themselves against a dangerous puncher.
                      Theres several knockout artists not just wilder . It’s also a two way street ,Wilder is unproven against top punchers . Even Joyce has a win over DDD ,Wilders best win over a puncher is Breazeale .

Comment

Working...
                      X