Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of the hw division hinges on Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who can Wilder really fight right now? This is why he should've taken a fight before the rubber match....to make it seem as though he's rebuilding. He just went full force towards Fury again and now he's left in limbo.

Had he fought another guy before Fury, the narrative would've been along the lines of knowing Wilder can beat just about anybody NOT named Fury. Now...he's lost at the highest level, we know he can't beat Fury and there's not many options (if any) for him at HW that will get the fans going.

I mean, he still has a few fights left in him but what is all gonna be for? If Fury beats Usyk (which I'm sure he will) and there's no 4th fight, now what? AJ has his hands full with a Usky rematch (if it happens) and Fury's washed him 2-3 times, now what?

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Theres several knockout artists not just wilder . It’s also a two way street ,Wilder is unproven against top punchers . Even Joyce has a win over DDD ,Wilders best win over a puncher is Breazeale .
      Several KO artists? None of them look as explosive as Wilder except for maybe Ajagba, but he lost. Dubois has a loss on his record as well and likely isnt ready for title contention yet, and he may never get over in America due to his lack of personality. Joyce, as much as I like his boxing, is also never likely to become a household name. Everything about Wilder, from his entrance, to his persona, to his unlikeable tendencies should make it obvious why he still has a few good paydays left.

Joshua supporters obsess about resume but, in reality, no one cares. Joshua has been resolutely debunked as a top guy despite having the better resume because, in reality, who really thinks guys like Parker/Whyte/Takam/Ruiz are unbeatable? None of the guys on his resume carry any weight in the USA. Ruiz also looked distinctly average against a guy Wilder beat years ago.

600k buys at $80 means that America is still a significant market, if not the most significant. I also don't think any other heavyweight in the division is commanding those kind of figures in the USA outside of Fury.

Comment

Any fight Wilder is in makes for entertainment. His knockout power and outlandish character is good for the sport and I'd still give 79.99 PPV price to see him in with AJ, Usyk, Ruiz, Whyte ect ect

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post
          Who can Wilder really fight right now? This is why he should've taken a fight before the rubber match....to make it seem as though he's rebuilding. He just went full force towards Fury again and now he's left in limbo.

Had he fought another guy before Fury, the narrative would've been along the lines of knowing Wilder can beat just about anybody NOT named Fury. Now...he's lost at the highest level, we know he can't beat Fury and there's not many options (if any) for him at HW that will get the fans going.

I mean, he still has a few fights left in him but what is all gonna be for? If Fury beats Usyk (which I'm sure he will) and there's no 4th fight, now what? AJ has his hands full with a Usky rematch (if it happens) and Fury's washed him 2-3 times, now what?
          Although I agree that it's a wash out if Fury is mentioned again alongside Wilder. I have to say there are several matchups that Wilder could be in that fans would love to see. AJ and Usyk both are interesting. The Whyte fight would be fun. Ruiz and Joyce are fights I'd like to see him in and the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Get em up View Post

Although I agree that it's a wash out if Fury is mentioned again alongside Wilder. I have to say there are several matchups that Wilder could be in that fans would love to see. AJ and Usyk both are interesting. The Whyte fight would be fun. Ruiz and Joyce are fights I'd like to see him in and the list goes on.
            I like those matches, a lot! My question is....do these fights take Wilder further than he's already been against Fury? Can those fights be any bigger than Fury? In my opinion, a lot has to happen and this basically puts Wilder in a Wild Card/Playoff position....he may have to wait until one of these guys make a HUGE statement and a name for themselves to make a fight a big deal.

If Fury retires, then Wilder could very well climb back to the top of the division, with AJ and Usyk being the top guys whom could possibly beat. If he takes any fight in the near future, I'd like to see him in against Helenius and Ruiz somewhere down the line (if a Ruiz fight makes any sense at this point).

Now, guys are gonna see if their skills can get past Wilder's right hand or, Wilder's gonna see if he has more to offer than simply a right hand. At this point, Wilder's a bit ruined and some of those guys (Whyte, Ruiz, Joyce) could either steer clear of him out of fear of being ridiculed for beating a broken fighter or they can take advantage of it and get a payday for washing Wilder (if he's truly done). So, yeah, guys can either eat off of him or steer clear.
            Last edited by MeanestNiceGuy; 10-18-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

My prediction for the rest of Wilder's career.

2022 - Helenius wins by KO
              2022 - Ruiz wins by KO
              2023 - Joshua wins by KO
              2023 - Joshua 2 wins by KO
              2024 - Hrgovic wins by KO
              2024 - Ortiz 3 wins by KO
              2025 - Tyson Fury loses by KO and declares Fury the greatest man that has ever lived.
              2025 - Wins his retirement fight vs the current best contender in the world and is trained by Fury.
              2026 -2029 Fury and Wilder conquer tag-team boxing.
              2030 until retirement - Fury and Wilder conquer tag-team wrestling. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by MeanestNiceGuy View Post

Hes going to be out til 2022 anyways,so he can fight the loser of AJ v Usyk which I think is AJ,& AJ losing will make the fight just as big because nobody will know for sure who will win
                MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

Several KO artists? None of them look as explosive as Wilder except for maybe Ajagba, but he lost. Dubois has a loss on his record as well and likely isnt ready for title contention yet, and he may never get over in America due to his lack of personality. Joyce, as much as I like his boxing, is also never likely to become a household name. Everything about Wilder, from his entrance, to his persona, to his unlikeable tendencies should make it obvious why he still has a few good paydays left.

Joshua supporters obsess about resume but, in reality, no one cares. Joshua has been resolutely debunked as a top guy despite having the better resume because, in reality, who really thinks guys like Parker/Whyte/Takam/Ruiz are unbeatable? None of the guys on his resume carry any weight in the USA. Ruiz also looked distinctly average against a guy Wilder beat years ago.

600k buys at $80 means that America is still a significant market, if not the most significant. I also don't think any other heavyweight in the division is commanding those kind of figures in the USA outside of Fury.
                  Fighters come in more motivated,Wilder did not knockout Arreola yrs ago he quit on his stool in 3 weeks training camp .

DDD or Joyce would be more impressive on Wilders resume because they are prime punchers of size .

Wilder relied on Fury to be a big fight ,he’s not PPV material that’s just a fact . Fans aren’t as gullible as you wish they were , they know who fights the top guys and who looks better in the ring ,it’s why A.J is the top guy until he leaves . The circus acts like Wilder works if they can back it up with skills ,we know the end result though with demand of a fighter and he doesn’t fit the bill ..
                  Last edited by REDEEMER; 10-20-2021, 01:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

Fighters come in more motivated,Wilder did not knockout Arreola yrs ago he quit on his stool in 3 weeks training camp .

DDD or Joyce would be more impressive on Wilders resume because they are prime punchers of size .

Wilder relied on Fury to be a big fight ,he’s not PPV material that’s just a fact . Fans aren’t as gullible as you wish they were , they know who fights the top guys and who looks better in the ring ,it’s why A.J is the top guy until he leaves . The circus acts like Wilder works if they can back it up with skills ,we know the end result though with demand of a fighter and he doesn’t fit the bill ..
                    LOL again, struggling against a guy who quit on his stool like 5 years ago...

Wilder was doing 250k buys fighting oldman, unknown Cubans. He is PPV material, just accept it.

Comment

Originally posted by KingGilgamesh View Post

LOL again, struggling against a guy who quit on his stool like 5 years ago...

Wilder was doing 250k buys fighting oldman, unknown Cubans. He is PPV material, just accept it.
                      250 K buys in a world heavyweight title fight is terrible.

If Wilder is PPV material why didn’t he fight Breazeale on PPV after the Ortiz flopped one ?

Wilder will never be on PPV again unless he fights Fury again or A.J .

Comment

Working...
                      X