Collapse
No announcement yet.

Plant’s Best Shot @ Winning

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a feeling that Ward is going to show Plant how to tie up every time Canelo gets on the inside. Plant is not fluid enough to try and be a slick fighter with Canelo and he'll likely try to fight from the outside with a jab jab and move. But I don't believe that he can do it for the entire twelve rounds, he might look ok in the first five rounds but Canelo eventually will walk him down and tire him out. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Canelo just goes in and beats the living cap out of him

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post

I strongly disagree, Canelo can absolutely be outboxed. Canelo is great but I’ve never understood this notion that he’s some master boxer. He’s been outboxed in numerous fights and in some his power just bailed him out (Khan, Kovalev, Gomez, ect). Fighting Canelo is suicide though and I’m pretty sure Plant knows this. Even Golovkin chose to box knowing it was the best path to victory.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Plant is up something crazy like 6-1 or 7-2, the question is will be able to withstand Canelo still stalking him trying to finish him. I give Plant a huge shot if his cardio is up to task.
      Well GGG beat Canelo 8-4 on my cards in both fights, he outlanded Canelo in nearly every round they fought.

Canelo can definitely lose an 8-4, 7-5 type fight. He will never lose a fight like that on the cards though. He will win or at worst get a draw.

You're not going to outbox Canelo 12-0 in a fight. At minimum there will be 4-5 rounds which are close to call and which a judge could slide to Canelo. And then he just needs to have 1 or 2 more like that, and voila, he has his narrow win or at worst a draw.

I don't know what you're on to say that Plant could be up 6-1 or 7-2 on the judges' cards lol. That is almost certainly NEVER going to happen, even if he deserves it. To be up 7-2 he would have to win just about every round, because you know the judges are going to slide a few to Canelo if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by El-Malo- View Post
        I have a feeling that Ward is going to show Plant how to tie up every time Canelo gets on the inside. Plant is not fluid enough to try and be a slick fighter with Canelo and he'll likely try to fight from the outside with a jab jab and move. But I don't believe that he can do it for the entire twelve rounds, he might look ok in the first five rounds but Canelo eventually will walk him down and tire him out. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Canelo just goes in and beats the living cap out of him
        So you are a Canelo fan? Imagine that

Comment

E'rrybody still basing their BLUEPRINT for beating "Canelo" on what happened to a 22 yr old...

Then EXPECTING Plant to execute it. (Or anything similar)

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Well GGG beat Canelo 8-4 on my cards in both fights,

You related to Byrd or Ross ?
            Not even the hardest GGG fan/Nelo hater had it scored like you. I doubt you will find another fight fan giving GGG 8-4s
            Did GGG score some ultra flash knockdowns ?!?!

GGG had his jab going but little else.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
              E'rrybody still basing their BLUEPRINT for beating "Canelo" on what happened to a 22 yr old...

Then EXPECTING Plant to execute it. (Or anything similar)
              Well, Nelo hasn't had many tough fights since. Take what Plant does ''best'' and add in some hopes and prayers. Maybe Nelo has an off night ?

Comment

Plant will be 100% ready for Canelo. The guy has gone through a gauntlet in his last 3 fights in order to prepare him for canelo. truax, mike lee and feigenbuttz.

Comment

De la Hoya said in the Mayweather fight he was hoping that Floyd broke his hand on too of hitting his skull/head. I feel like plants noggin may be no different .

Comment

Originally posted by BodyBagz View Post

You related to Byrd or Ross ?
                    Not even the hardest GGG fan/Nelo hater had it scored like you. I doubt you will find another fight fan giving GGG 8-4s
                    Did GGG score some ultra flash knockdowns ?!?!

GGG had his jab going but little else.
                    Lol...he outlanded Canelo in most of the rounds man. They were hitting about as hard as each other.

Teddy Atlas scored fight 2, which nearly everyone agrees as being the more competitive of the two, he scored it 8-3-1 for GGG - As he asked 'Do we not score the jab anymore?'

Anyone pretending Canelo got more than 4, or MAX 5 rounds in either fight, is just not a serious boxing analyst in my eyes.

Canelo still barely won the 2nd fight with the judges, and we all know he gets really good cards. That alone should tell you who won that fight, and the first fight is pretty much accepted as a clear GGG win as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post

Lol...he outlanded Canelo in most of the rounds man. They were hitting about as hard as each other.

Teddy Atlas scored fight 2, which nearly everyone agrees as being the more competitive of the two, he scored it 8-3-1 for GGG

- As he asked 'Do we not score the jab anymore?'
                      So, according to your own statement, Atlas should re-watch BOTH fights

Jabs are scored (same as body blows) but JABS rarely win a guy a fight (UNLIKE body blows. Many fights have ended with a well placed rib shot).
                      The jabber has to be also defensively responsible (May like). GGG was getting tagged in both fights. Nelo landed the more showy COMBOS. If you think GGG landed MORE COMBOS than Nelo in EITHER fight, we can end this discussion now.
                      kushking kushking likes this.

Comment

Working...
                      X